Sign in to follow this  
BC

Seahawks Fans Set Stadium Decibal Volume World Record

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/12th-Man-lifts-CenturyLink-Field-into-Guinness-World-Record-book-for-loudest-stadium/346bb94e-6236-4159-b0df-d00e22e8d592

12th Man lifts CenturyLink Field into Guinness World Record book for loudest stadium

Posted 1 hour ago

121102-drovetto-60x60.jpgTony DrovettoSeahawks.com Writer & Producer@TonyDrovetto on Twitter Seahawks on Facebook

The Guinness World Record for crowd noise was set on Sunday night at CenturyLink Field during the Seahawks Week 2 game against the NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers.

Congratulations, 12th Man.

The Seahawks fanbase reached a noise level of 131.9 decibels during Sunday night's game against the NFC West rival San Francisco 49ers at CenturyLink Field, setting the Guinness World Record for crowd noise.

Former Seahawks defensive lineman Joe Tafoya and his "Volume 12" group were behind the fan-driven effort that set out to top the previous Guinness World Record of 131.7 decibels set two years ago during a soccer match in Istanbul, Turkey.

A record-setting crowd contributed to the effort, as the announced attendance of 68,338 marks the largest ever for a Seahawks game at CenturyLink Field. The gathering topped the previous record of 68,331 set on November 12, 2007, in a game that also came against the 49ers.

Edited by BC

That pumped in crowd noise is so intimidating.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why is Jayrus avoiding this thread? He only shows up during Seahawk victories, at least post something. :D

Why is Jayrus avoiding this thread? He only shows up during Seahawk victories, at least post something. :D

You need your eyes checked. I'm on here every day. Also, I haven't posted here yet because there's no point. You obviously want me to rage at your insults to the 12th man and I'm not going to. Frankly the accusation that we pipe in noise is old and tiresome. Not to mention complete bullshit. Next time try harder.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nah. I just wanted you to man up to your negs and post in here. You're good.

You don't really think that record is legitimate right? lol

That noise is nothing but a product of loud speakers. Nothing special about Seattle's crowd at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

That noise is nothing but a product of loud speakers. Nothing special about Seattle's crowd at all.

I suppose you have proof? I love how you all just claim we pump in noise and don't bother to substantiate it in any way. Although as a Cowboys fan I can understand that you would be jealous of the best home field advantage in the league considering you have none.

That home field advantage has gotten you exactly 0 Lombardi Trophy's.

So yeah, as a Cowboys fan, I have nothing to be jealous of with anything the Seahawks are doing. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

jto1m0.jpg

I'm just wondering if you guys are serious...

If so, have you ever actually BEEN in the stadium? Trust me, it's the crowd and the acoustics. One of the best places to be is about halfway up under one of the overhangs. You won't hear for at least a couple hours afterwards.

• Upvote 1

ShermanDance_original.gif?1379304304

If so, have you ever actually BEEN in the stadium? Trust me, it's the crowd and the acoustics. One of the best places to be is about halfway up under one of the overhangs. You won't hear for at least a couple hours afterwards.

Sounds like the last place I would want to sit...

But that's part of the fun in going there. I've never experienced a noise level like that before, and I've been close to enough jets to hear some pretty loud shit. To each their own, I suppose.

But that's part of the fun in going there. I've never experienced a noise level like that before, and I've been close to enough jets to hear some pretty loud shit. To each their own, I suppose.

Ya, I will stick to places that don't cause me discomfort, pain, or possibly permanent and irreversible hearing loss. But hey, some of us get off on pain... Can't say that's really my thing. If I ever stumble upon tickets, you'll be the first to know. :laugh:

jto1m0.jpg

I'm just busting balls. But it's no secret that the Seahawks stadium was built with those horrible acoustics to amplify crowd sound. They've only won 6 road games over the last two seasons. The "twelfth man" is actually a huge reason that this team is as "good" as people seem to think it is.

Edited by RANGA

Wish they could've tested the crowd noise at the old Mile High. Pieces used to fall off that place it was so loud. (Probably why they rebuilt it)

Still, it's a great achievement for Seattle. I'm sure the record keepers wouldn't have awarded the record were their piped in sound.

Back in 99-00 , Tennessee had the best crowd noise in the NFL. Now that belongs and has belonged to Seattle for awhile. Seattle's stadium has always been pretty tight in design. Not surprised they set the record, Seattle is fucking loud during home games.

I'm just busting balls. But it's no secret that the Seahawks stadium was built with those horrible acoustics to amplify crowd sound. They've only won 6 road games over the last two seasons. The "twelfth man" is actually a huge reason that this team is as "good" as people seem to think it is.

Six is right about where we should be. This year I'm hoping for 3-4 road victories. We should be much better against our division than last year.

Seattle has some loud fans, I don't know about the acoustics in the stadium and most of the fans I met are bandwagon douchebags, but they're loud as hell.

Couple things:

1. Proud to be a 12th man and part of the record last night. Seahawks fans have always prided themselves on bringing the noise, going all the way back to the Kingdome days.

2. It's not allowed to artificially augment crowd noise by NFL rule. I don't know about you, but the NFL is pretty draconian in how they enforce their policies. Does anyone truly think that the NFL would make a singular exception in Seattle's case? This has been a lament of opponents for years. It defies everything we know about how the NFL operates.

3. I've sat with all manners of opposing fans over the years. And they pretty much universally concede that Seattle's fans take their crowd noise obligations to a nearly alien level. I haven't attended games elsewhere, so I don't have a basis of comparison. I just have to take it at face value.

4. Yes, the stadium was build with acoustics in mind. That was part of the selling point when it was decided that the Kingdome would be replaced with an open air stadium. Crowd interaction with the game has been a decades long advantage for the Seahawks. The ability to retain that advantage was always a top priority throughout the process of building Seahawks Stadium. Particularly so when it was decided to not go with a domed stadium.

• Upvote 1