BwareDWare94

HELL YES

Steam of Alter Bridge's new album. :rock:

Easily the best modern rock band of our time, and it isn't close.

• Upvote 1

Which is a testament to how fucking awful modern rock is.

No doubt, but Alter Bridge is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Which is a testament to how fucking awful modern rock is.

Explain. They're the most technically skilled modern rock band, by far. They write incredible arrangements. Their riffs are all necessary, and all excellent, and their solos are absolutely epic, transcending different genres as both Myles and Mark are remarkably different guitarists. Their vocals are the best in Modern Rock. Their lyrics? Wow. Just wow.

I don't understand what there is to hate about this band.

Disco killed Rock. AGAIN. That's what I have to be a hater about.

only listened to one song, and maybe it just wasn't that good.. But, didn't seem like anything special.

Listened to a couple of songs from the thing you posted above. It's better than I expected. Then again, I expected pretty bad.

The band sounds decent till the singer starts singing. He sounds like a girly man.

Now wait just a damn minute. I am as big a fan of Alterbridge as most, that being said for the best modern rock band I need to know the answer to one question. Is disturbed rock or heavy metal ? Some people will argue for both and some will argue the genres are so close it is hard to differentiate. If this is true than Disturbed is the best rock band in a LONG time, and certainly better than Alterbridge.

Older Disturbed was Nu Metal, newer sounds like Hard Rock to me.

Haven't heard the latest.

Edited by Bay

Kennedy's voice is very hit or miss (mostly miss) for me.

Disturbed better than Alter Bridge? Disturbed's last 2-3 albums have sounded exactly the same. No. Just no.

We're talking about a band who's significantly more technically skilled in Alter Bridge, with a better vocalist, better lyrics, MUCH better instrumental arrangements, and music that's much more likely to transcend the passage of time. People will remember "Blackbird" in 30 years, whereas nobody's going to even know that songs like "Indestructible" and "Inside the Fire" existed.

For the record, I do like Disturbed, to an extent. "Another Way to Die" was a fantastic song, as far as their recent material is concerned. I wish they'd have maintained the sound they had on Believe, with the added guitar solos on Ten Thousand Fists. Dan Donegan may not be nearly as skilled as Tremonti or Kennedy, but he's certainly a very good guitarist.

Edited by MaytheNorsebeWithYou

I'm just curious, but how are you defining "modern rock?" I can think of several bands in the alternative / rock genre that are going to be remembered more kindly and will be more influential to better music in the future.

Technical prowess is all well and good but you can be a really talented musician and suck choat... look at Phish and John Mayer for your proof (yes I know you want to make gay love to Mayer so I know that argument falls flat for you.)

Some of the bands I'm thinking of have sales as good or approaching as good as Alterbridge, but sales mean precisely shit to me, considering the sales figures of lots of crappy music.

People will remember "Blackbird" in 30 years, whereas nobody's going to even know that songs like "Indestructible" and "Inside the Fire" existed.

People remember a lot of crap though from the 70's and 80's and forget about a lot of great stuff. Its not that I disagree with you (though I think Alterbridge is just ok... not really for me, but I like Disturbed even less) I just think your premise in this sentence is flawed.

Edited by GA_Eagle

I've never heard of Alter Bridge, not bad from what I heard in that video.

Edited by BJORN

I'm just curious, but how are you defining "modern rock?" I can think of several bands in the alternative / rock genre that are going to be remembered more kindly and will be more influential to better music in the future.

Technical prowess is all well and good but you can be a really talented musician and suck choat... look at Phish and John Mayer for your proof (yes I know you want to make gay love to Mayer so I know that argument falls flat for you.)

Some of the bands I'm thinking of have sales as good or approaching as good as Alterbridge, but sales mean precisely shit to me, considering the sales figures of lots of crappy music.

People will remember "Blackbird" in 30 years, whereas nobody's going to even know that songs like "Indestructible" and "Inside the Fire" existed.

People remember a lot of crap though from the 70's and 80's and forget about a lot of great stuff. Its not that I disagree with you (though I think Alterbridge is just ok... not really for me, but I like Disturbed even less) I just think your premise in this sentence is flawed.

I agree on the sales bit. Popularity is no indication of quality, and if our generation hasn't learned that, then the next generation certainly has with the shit that's extremely popular today.

To be completely honest, I listen to Alter Bridge mostly because of the lead guitar. What Kennedy and Tremonti do is absolutely mind blowing, in my opinion. It's like they took prog metal solos and threw them into Modern Rock songs.

I think there are a lot of great Modern Rock bands, but most of which only a handful of people have heard of .I think the band Hurt is absolutely amazing, and I think RED has some of the most emotionally charged music out there. And though I consider this next band melodic metal, let's throw Evans Blue in there, as well.

But the other great bands? 12 Stones. Nonpoint. How many people have heard of these artists? I think Alter Bridge is only more relevant because they've reached a broader audience.