Sign in to follow this  
housemd

Update: Bucs release Josh Freeman

Wait... I thought benching Freeman was going to magically solve all of our problems?

Not saying that I want Freeman back, I want him off the team ASAP, but it's obvious that Gap Tooth is the main problem in Tampa right now.

Wait... I thought benching Freeman was going to magically solve all of our problems?

Not saying that I want Freeman back, I want him off the team ASAP, but it's obvious that Gap Tooth is the main problem in Tampa right now.

Please. You still have his cock deeply shoved down your throat, NBB.

RogerGoodell... : (30 September 2013 - 11:10 AM)LOL at Bucman thinking it was all Freeman's fault. Sad that some people hate a guy so much that it blinds them from reality...

:rofl:

Freeman has ADHD. Someone is going to get in trouble for leaking this in the first place.

And NBB get off my nuts pls.

Edited by Bucman

Guest Phailadelphia

Tampa Bay leaking misleading information regarding Freeman and his ADHD use is dirty as hell.

Tampa Bay leaking misleading information regarding Freeman and his ADHD use is dirty as hell.

Yep... That's Greg Schiano for you. GTFO Gap Tooth.

Please. You still have his cock deeply shoved down your throat, NBB.

RogerGoodell... : (30 September 2013 - 11:10 AM)LOL at Bucman thinking it was all Freeman's fault. Sad that some people hate a guy so much that it blinds them from reality...

:rofl:

WTF are you talking about, Phil? So, you're saying if someone doesn't think that everything is Freeman's fault, they love the guy? You're a moron.

Bucman and many other Bucs fans went on a rage because Freeman was playing poorly and thought a new QB was going to fix all of our problems. I warned them that Schiano was the biggest problem and a new QB would do nothing unless Schiano adapts, and look what happens this Sunday. Gap Tooth sucks. Look at how much talent is on this team. We're 0-4 and the team is a circus right now. At first, I was fine giving Schiano the rest of the season, but this has gotten out of hand. He needs to go ASAP.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

I don't think the Bucs fans here thought that benching Freeman for Glennon would fix all your problems. They had just seen enough of Freeman being awful that they wanted some fresh blood in there, regardless of who it was, IMO. And I don't think anyone thought that a 3rd round rookie QB was gonna light the world on fire in his first professional start.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some Bucs fans that want you guys to still draft a QB in the first round next year.

Edited by BLUE

He doesn't want to trade him, he wants to destroy him. Just like when he threw him under the bus in public for not showing up at the team photo. Use your brain child, Schiano is going scorched earth on Freeman. No one is trading for him.

I don't think the Bucs fans here thought that benching Freeman for Glennon would fix all your problems. They had just seen enough of Freeman being awful that they wanted some fresh blood in there, regardless of who it was, IMO. And I don't think anyone thought that a 3rd round rookie QB was gonna light the world on fire in his first professional start.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some Bucs fans that want you guys to still draft a QB in the first round next year.

Some sure acted like putting a new QB in would fix all of the problems.

You're correct that most Bucs fans had seen enough of Freeman and wanted new blood in there. I even said this a few days before the benching became official. But, because I don't put all of the blame on Freeman, Phil thinks I love the guy.

I want to draft a QB in the first round too, and have an open competition next year in Training Camp between our top pick and Glennon. Hopefully Gap Tooth hasn't ruined Glennon's career by that time...

I want to draft a QB in the first round too, and have an open competition next year in Training Camp between our top pick and Glennon. Hopefully Gap Tooth hasn't ruined Glennon's career by that time...

Didn't the Bucs trade their first round for Revis?

Didn't the Bucs trade their first round for Revis?

We traded our 1st rounder last year. Still have our 2014 one.

You know, if Glennon started the rest of the season while Freeman was the backup, I would've given Schiano another year. Glennon is his guy and Schiano deserves a chance to win with his guy.

Of course, with the awful way they've been handling this, I think Schiano should be gone immediately. And I can't imagine him coaching in college again either. Who would want to play for him?

Per Rotoworld.com:

FOX's Jay Glazer reports that the Bucs requested benched QB Josh Freeman to not attend a team meeting Tuesday.
Even more interestingly, Glazer reports some of Freeman's teammates "started thinking it was to get others to think he blew it off." Both the media and Freeman's teammates are seeing right through Tampa's thinly-veiled smear campaign against its former quarterback. Coach Greg Schiano appears to think he's still coaching in the Big East, and not the NFC South. Schiano's agent may want to start sending out back-channel feelers to college athletic directors. Oct 1 - 6:18 PM
Edited by BLUE

I look forward to Freeman being off the team and Schiano being fired. Both of these guys blow and have caused nothing but BS for us.

The Bucs are the new Jets when it comes to drama. Straight circus. Well, this doesn't quite surpass the Tebow nonsense but it's beginning to get quite ridiculous.

Schiano has turned this team into the laughing stock of the league. Sad, because this team has the talent to be a playoff contender.

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 3, 2013, 12:46 AM EDT

It certainly doesn’t appear as though the issues between Josh Freeman and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will go away until Josh Freeman is no longer a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

How that ultimately comes to fruition is still up in the air.

According to Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated, the Buccaneers have fined Freeman twice in the past month for conduct detrimental to the team. The fines were for missing at least one team meeting and participating in an unauthorized media interview. Freeman plans to appeal the fines.

However, Trotter theorizes that fines could just be a starting point for the Buccaneers. The fines could ultimately lead toward the team trying to suspend Freeman without pay while they attempt to trade him. The fines are just the latest in an ugly string of incidents between the franchise and their former starting quarterback.

Neither side appears to want to be around the other for very much longer. Freeman has asked to be traded or released, the Buccaneers are trying to trade Freeman but finding no suitors as of yet. It’s a marriage that seems destined for a divorce sooner than later. How much devastation is left in the warpath remains to be seen.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Josh Freeman released by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000254884/article/josh-freeman-released-by-tampa-bay-buccaneers

The inevitable now is official: Josh Freeman has been released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs released their erstwhile starting quarterback on Thursday. According to Rapoport, the Bucs called all 31 teams in an effort to move Freeman via trade. Finding no takers, the team moved on.

The Bucs will be on the hook for the balance of Freeman's 2013 salary, approximately $6.25 million.

ESPN's Adam Schefter was first to report Freeman's release.

"We made the decision today to release Josh Freeman," general manager Mark Dominik said Thursday in a statement. "We appreciate his efforts over the past five seasons, but we felt this was in the best interests of both Josh and the Buccaneers."

Freeman's departure ends an ugly -- and embarrassing -- chapter in team history. The Bucs moved on from Freeman last week, installing third-round draft pick Mike Glennon as their starter. After a week of acrimony, the Bucs finally cut the cord on their former first-round pick and one-time franchise centerpiece.

Though Freeman's struggles on the field served as the catalyst for his exit from Tampa, he will find work in the NFL. The question is which team will bite and how soon.

One option is the Oakland Raiders. The team is unsettled at the quarterback position, and Freeman has a direct connection to offensive coordinator Greg Olson, who was Freeman's former coordinator with the Bucs

Freeman also has ties to Alex Van Pelt, who currently is the Green Bay Packers' running backs coach and formerly was Freeman's quarterbacks coach with the Bucs. Van Pelt said in 2010 that there was no quarterback in football he would trade if it meant giving up Freeman.

There will be no shortage of potential suitors looking to bring in a talented quarterback who has lost his way.

I wonder who will pick him up.

Not sure I've ever seen such a rapid falling out between HC and QB.

About time. This needed to happen. He was just a huge distraction. Now we just need to get rid of the main problem, Greg Schiano.