Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Two expiring contracts and a first round draft pick for Thad Young. Pretty good considering he was going to leave anyway. Really excited about the possibilities with all that first round talent. If they're lucky the Sixers will hit on and develop talent the way some of the best teams in the west have done.

Guest Phailadelphia

Well, apparently it isn't enough. Why not add a real, actual Center to that mix?

In a league that's moving away from lineups featuring centers? I disagree. Plus, like Zack pointed out, Steven Adams could be REALLY good.

I forgot about him. I like Adams but he could be the centerpiece of a Monroe package which I would do if I'm the Thunder.

The financials still don't work out regardless. And I'm not sure I agree with trading away what could be a good player on a rookie deal for an expensive vet who's services are at such a lack of a premium that he has yet to receive an offer from anyone.

Edited by Phailadelphia

I understand. I have to admit I think Monroe is a star talent that has been in a shitty situation. No one has really made him an offer because he's a restricted free agent. I think if he were to end up in OKC he'd be a top 5 center.

Guest Phailadelphia

About time for Bulls fans to start worrying about DRose. Looked pretty bad against inferior competition during the FIBA tournament.

About time for Bulls fans to start worrying about DRose. Looked pretty bad against inferior competition during the FIBA tournament.

We get it. But also remember that he hasn't played competitive ball in over 2 years, not counting the 6 games or whatever it was last year. It'll take him some time to get back into shape. Working out on your own for 2 years =/= playing competitively. He's gonna need the game experience.

I'm still beyond pissed about Morey's fuck ups, this offseason. Not looking forward to the season, for Houston. Might spend more time watching the young Wolves.

Kings retired Peja Stojakovic's number? Why? He was a pretty great shooter, but he literally did nothing outside of that.

Kings retired Peja Stojakovic's number? Why? He was a pretty great shooter, but he literally did nothing outside of that.

They're the Kings....lmao.

• Upvote 1

Apparently the Suns are in talks to sign Goran's younger brother... I don't think the two are related, but Eric Bledsoe is as good as gone. If we can sign Zoran, Goran is probably going to for sure re-up with us next summer. Then we have drafted Tyler Ennis and Isaiah Thomas under contract. There just simply is no room, especially for the money Bledsoe is seeking.

I hope we can get something out of him at least.

Well, according to ESPN, the Wolves just offered Bledsoe a max deal..I've been a really big fan of Bledsoe since he was at Kentucky but I have to say he has become really overrated.

• Upvote 1

Well, according to ESPN, the Wolves just offered Bledsoe a max deal..I've been a really big fan of Bledsoe since he was at Kentucky but I have to say he has become really overrated.

Wolves gonna destroy the team they just started building

Wolves can't even afford the offer sheet... And they aren't willing to deal any assets worth obtaining if you're Phoenix. This is for show and a waste of time. I wish somebody else would get interested. Lol

My thoughts are you would get Pekovic, Martin, and Barea in that deal. That gives you a real center, allows you to have a solid second unit in the backcourt of Barea and Martin. Less defense, but all kinds of points.

The Suns should do this.

My thoughts are you would get Pekovic, Martin, and Barea in that deal. That gives you a real center, allows you to have a solid second unit in the backcourt of Barea and Martin. Less defense, but all kinds of points.

The Suns should do this.

Martin and Barea are useless. That would set the Suns back.

Guest Phailadelphia

Why would the Suns want Martin and Barea? Barea is so bad the TWolves are ready to buy him out of his contract, and KMart has a career reputation for disappearing for long stretches of the season and playoffs.

Why would the Suns want Martin and Barea? Barea is so bad the TWolves are ready to buy him out of his contract, and KMart has a career reputation for disappearing for long stretches of the season and playoffs.

Why not have some bench pieces that can score? It's not like they'd be starters.

They could Barea, and Kevin Martin absolutely still has something to offer.

Mikhail Prokhorov is listening to offers for the Brooklyn Nets, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

After seeing the Los Angeles Clippers sell for a league-record $2 billion, the Russian billionaire is willing to listen to offers, according to sources. "Just listening so far," a league official with direct knowledge told Yahoo Sports. "They haven't indicated a desire or willingness to sell. Nothing was initiated by [Prokhorov]." While a sale is not believe to be imminent, Wojnarowski also added to his report that high-level executives believe that Prokhorov will cash our sooner rather than later.
UPDATE: According to netsdaily.com, Prokhorov is in "ongoing discussions" with Guggenheim Sports and Entertainment Assets, owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers, on a "combination of assets."
Source: Yahoo Sports

Durant out 6-8 weeks.

IMO this is bad for OKC

• Upvote 1

Bucks and Timberwolves play here in the preseason this Friday which I am going to go see. First pro basketball game I have ever gone to, even if it's only preseason.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm getting real sick of injuries to key players. At least it's now rather than May, but this still sucks. Totally killed my NBA buzz.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Guest Phailadelphia

I think this could (and will) be really good for Russ.

I'm getting real sick of injuries to key players. At least it's now rather than May, but this still sucks. Totally killed my NBA buzz.

At least Durant didn't get hurt going for a chase down block in a fucking scrimmage.

God, Paul George is dumb. Ruined the potential of this NBA season by being the intellectual equivalent of a stained, stanky sponge.