Vin

Bucs @ Seahawks

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20131103026&home=26&vis=27

(AP) -- The Seattle Seahawks appeared to have a favorable stretch in the schedule, but their most recent game showed that might not be as easy as it seemed.

Not having one of their starting receivers likely won't make it any easier.

The Seahawks are hoping that Percy Harvin can return for Sunday's visit from the winless Tampa Bay Buccaneers and help them overcome the loss of Sidney Rice.

Seattle (7-1) is in the midst of four games against opponents that are all below .500, but it had to fight for a 14-9 win in St. Louis in the opener to that stretch Monday night. The Seahawks stuffed Rams running back Daryl Richardson at the 1-yard line then forced an incomplete pass on the game's final two plays.

Seattle's seven first downs were the fewest in a victory in franchise history, and its 135 yards of offense were the least since gaining 128 in a 27-3 loss to Arizona on Oct. 18, 2009.

"I think championship teams are able to win the ugly games, where things aren't going right, ball isn't going their way, and they are still able to stand up when they need to," cornerback Richard Sherman said.

Russell Wilson was sacked a career-high seven times but managed to throw a pair of touchdowns, including an 80-yarder to Golden Tate in the third quarter. Wilson has been playing in front of an offensive line that's missing tackles Russell Okung (toe) and Breno Giacomini (knee), and Seattle has given up 27 sacks, four more than any other NFC team.

The Seahawks' offense became even more short-handed after Rice suffered a season-ending knee injury Monday. That makes getting Harvin back even more critical.

Harvin, acquired from Minnesota in March for multiple draft picks, hasn't played this season after undergoing hip surgery in August. He returned to practice last week but was ruled out two days before the game in St. Louis and remains day-to-day.

Even if Harvin returns, the loss of the 6-foot-4 Rice means the Seahawks won't have a wide receiver taller than the 6-2 Ricardo Lockette, who was elevated from the practice squad Wednesday to take Rice's spot.

Seattle, however, might not need much help to outduel one of the league's worst offenses.

Tampa Bay's averages of 14.3 points and 297.7 yards rank only ahead of the other winless team in the league, Jacksonville (10.8 and 286.5). With leading rusher Doug Martin out indefinitely with a shoulder injury, the Buccaneers (0-7) were held to a season-low 48 yards on the ground in a 31-13 loss to Carolina on Oct. 24.

Mike James had 39 yards on 10 carries in his first career start. The Buccaneers are also missing guard Carl Nicks and receiver Mike Williams, who will miss the rest of the season after undergoing hamstring surgery.

Even before Williams' injury, coach Greg Schiano was planning on tweaking the offense to help rookie quarterback Mike Glennon.

Glennon has thrown more passes than any player in league history in his first four games (181) but is averaging less than 250 yards. He had career highs of 30 completions, 51 attempts and 275 yards in last week's defeat.

Glennon, though, couldn't get Tampa Bay into the end zone until he connected with Tim Wright on a 10-yard pass with 2:53 remaining.

"When you're 0-7 you look at every single thing, and I'm sure we're going to be stronger for it moving forward," Schiano said. "I think we've put Mike in a bad spot. He's thrown too many passes. ... We shouldn't put him in that spot as coaches. We've re-evaluated that and we're going to try to play a little more balanced."

Tampa Bay will seek to avoid its worst start since losing its first nine games in 1985 by earning a fourth straight victory over Seattle. The Buccaneers won 38-15 at home in the most recent matchup Dec. 26, 2010.

Seattle won seven of the first eight meetings between the teams, who both came into the league in 1976.

Seahawks are the only team to ever get three byes in one season.

Bucs declared RB Doug Martin, RB Jeff Demps, CB Devereon Carr, S Dashon Goldson, G Patrick Omameh, G Carl Nicks, and WR Chris Owusu inactive for Week 9 against the Seahawks.

Martin (shoulder) is out indefinitely and needs surgery, though coach Greg Schiano still hasn't ruled him out for the year. Mike James gets another start.

Seahawks declared RB Christine Michael, QB B.J. Daniels, S Jeron Johnson, FB Derrick Coleman, OT Breno Giacomini, OT Caylin Hauptmann, and DE Benson Mayowa inactive for Week 9 against the Bucs.

Robert Turbin will back up Marshawn Lynch versus Tampa Bay.

Vincent Jackson vs Richard Sherman today, I'm starting Jackson in my fantasy league.

I'm hoping that Brandon Browner shows up and basically forces Glennon to feed Jackson another 300 targets no matter how covered he is. If he can get the targets, he'll get some yardage.

Bucs look like they don't want to end the season with the worst record in the league. Jags fans rejoice!

Seattle are such trolls. Stop pretending like you're going to lose!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone still consider Seattle the superpower of the NFC?

Bucs look like they don't want to end the season with the worst record in the league. Jags fans rejoice!

lol :Bucs:

I'm starting to feel like the NFL has scripted games for Seattle. They shouldn't have won that game, what happened? The Bucs were dominating the Seahawks, then all of a sudden, light switch flipped!

I'm starting to feel like the NFL has scripted games for Seattle. They shouldn't have won that game, what happened? The Bucs were dominating the Seahawks, then all of a sudden, light switch flipped!

Greg Schiano is what happened.

We always get destroyed in the 2nd half because our coach thinks halftime is for eating rather than making adjustments.

People say Bucs fans here complain about Schiano a lot and don't seem to realize how bad this guy really is. Same shit every week. I didn't think for a second we were going to win that game, despite having a 21 point lead in the 3rd quarter.

Well part of it is Russell Wilson is a QB who never gets blown out. You cannot stop him by mortal means, for he is a god, and Greg Schiano is a roadside turd sandwich.

“I really think that halftime adjustments are overrated in a big, big way. I think halftime is to take care of your personal business, go to the men’s room, get a drink and maybe something to eat because you maybe had something to eat three hours before kickoff or four hours before kickoff, now you have played an hour and a half later. You are looking at 5 1/2 hours before you have put some fuel in your system.” - Greg Schiano

THAT is what happened.

• Upvote 2

Schaino has a great point, though. Why wait until halftime to make adjustments that need to be made?

Its not that you dont make them when you can as well, but halftime gives you a chance to look at everything that's going on, without the pressure of the game going on at the same time, and make adjustments that you missed before.

Its not that you dont make them when you can as well, but halftime gives you a chance to look at everything that's going on, without the pressure of the game going on at the same time, and make adjustments that you missed before.

Exactly. SteVo, c'mon dude. lol.

You're going to try and gauge what you're going to see going in to the game based off tape and experience etc. But it'll never be the same. Say going into a game your opponent had a history of always going right, so you game planned for him going right but in the 1st half he killed you going left. Naturally you'd have to game plan for the left as well right? Not just think, "oh well... he's going to go to the right eventually, I just know it!" Gotta roll with the punches man.