Vin

Mike Tomlin's job is safe

So sayeth Ian Rapoport.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's job is safe for 2014.

Tomlin has overseen a steady decline since the Steelers lost Super Bowl XLV, but it's had far more to do with the team's aging and injury-prone roster than his coaching. Per Rapoport, the Rooney family still "believes in stability," and doesn't want to make a change regardless of this season's results. Tomlin should be safe barring an all-out meltdown, but will be firmly on the hot seat in 2014.

Boom. That paragraph sums my feelings up perfectly. Unless this happens again next season, or we go 3-13, Tomln SHOULD stay.

Edited by BigBen07

He's only their third coach since 1969 when Chuck Noll took over. I never really thought he'd be on the hot seat this year. Next year I can see it. Stability is a great thing in the NFL.

Yes he took over a great team, but he is a good coach. I would have to believe if he got canned from the Steelers he would be a HC for another team right away. He wouldnt become a coordinator or positions coach like some others have done. He has had success in this league.

• Upvote 1

He's only their third coach since 1969 when Chuck Noll took over. I never really thought he'd be on the hot seat this year. Next year I can see it. Stability is a great thing in the NFL.

Yes he took over a great team, but he is a good coach. I would have to believe if he got canned from the Steelers he would be a HC for another team right away. He wouldnt become a coordinator or positions coach like some others have done. He has had success in this league.

:yep: I'm pretty sure that Tomlin could turn even Buffalo around if he was HC there.

Things will be fine. It may take a couple of seasons, but I'm sure the Steelers will be back on their feet. Now if the Roethlisberger trade 'rumors' would stop...

When they finally drafted the pieces to fix their OL, they've had injuries. it's just unfortunate.

Haley's gotta go, though.

Fuck Tomlin and fuck the Rooneys for keeping him.

Just curious, why don't you like Tomlin?

Shouldn't Tomlin bear some of the blame for an aging and injury prone roster? How much say does Colbert have between the Rooneys and Tomlin? If he has any at all he should have been gone years ago. Pittsburgh hasn't drafted well at all outside of pouncey and the few later-round hits on receivers. Have they drafted a good defensive player since Woodley? And what was that 2007?

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Initially I was going to cut him some slack after this year due to the Steelers struggles, but after the shot he pulled in the Ravens game and costing the team a pick, I'd fire him now. There's no room for that shit at all.

Shouldn't Tomlin bear some of the blame for an aging and injury prone roster? How much say does Colbert have between the Rooneys and Tomlin? If he has any at all he should have been gone years ago. Pittsburgh hasn't drafted well at all outside of pouncey and the few later-round hits on receivers. Have they drafted a good defensive player since Woodley? And what was that 2007?

Timmons was the same year. 1st round

2009 - Keenan Lewis 3rd round

Also want to point out they got Antonio Brown 6th round, 2010

Not excusing Tomlin just stating facts :yep:

Edited by Bay

Keenan Lewis, now a Saint.

Cam Heyward isn't bad, and Jason Worilds is playing like a legitimate OLB.

Cameron Heyward was a guy I wanted that year. :(