Sign in to follow this  
BC

What are you trying to get this Holiday season?

May not be spoiled yougn's anymore, but it's certainly the boom season for consumers like ourselves who typically get into buying mode with our winter resources, whether it be the new releases, having christmas money, friends/family gift exchanging, or just feeling the need to upgrade things just because everyone else is.

Won't be really doing much electronics this year personally, as the apple devices, canon, lenses, and snowboard gear has really held up thanks to sustainable purchases in past years.

The primary thing this year will be replacing the kicks. I finally learned to purchase top of the pyramid Nike kicks once every 2-3 years and just wear the hell out of them, which works better than going $50-70 every 6 months. My blue Nike Lebrons have done wonders. Still wear them every day even though there is that smell, worn tint, and slight sole detachment starting to come into play.

Should I get Nike Lebrons again, or check out the new Megatrons?

I'd love to get a new TV and a new car but I know that's not going to happen. Outside of that, gift money and gift cards are nice to go shopping and get new clothes and save up for things like a new TV.

Funds for my gambling addiction.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis
  • Upvote 1

Shoes for my running addiction. I also want a new TV, but that's not in the cards this year.

Help on a down payment for a new car :(

My parents usually still get me something nice, but they've given me a shitload of money this year, so I told them not to get me anything. Would definitely like an X1 though... 1B would be a sleep number bed... they're actually not that expensive.

I have no idea what to get my parents. They don't do a whole lot.

Mini Fridge

New Bed

New Computer

Well, I'm not completely self centered and entitled so I don't really think about what I want for the holiday season. I'm happy with what I get, but shopping for others is way better. I haven't figured out what to get for my brothers, my girl or my parents yet. I usually just kind of wing it at the store. I'll start to think about it here over the next few weeks.

I don't really know of anything I want that desperately. I'll probably just tell my folks I could use some new jeans and such. I really hate getting expensive shit that I should be buying for myself, so I try to keep gifts simple. I mean, my folks can afford nice things, but I feel like shit every time they do something for me that I should have or ought to be able to do for myself. I think it's a maturity phase we all go through, but at this point in my life I just like seeing my whole family. I grew up close to some cousins and an aunt and uncle who I saw all the time, so I feel like I have 2 sets of parents and about 5 brothers and sisters.

I honestly can't wait until Thursday. I try to disconnect completely every Thanksgiving, so I stear clear of Facebook, though I usually try to jump on here to wish y'all a happy turkey day.

If I have my way on Thursday, my phone's staying at my house when I leave for my aunt and uncle's. I can't wait to feel like a wood tick after stuffing my face with turkey and everything else. I can't wait to continually tip beers back with my cousins and eventually settle down for several games of Rook.

Then I want to go home and pass out in a turkey coma and just wake up Friday feeling like a brand new man. That's the best of part of Thanksgiving. If you can finagle that Friday off (which I am often able to), you can just sleep.

Yeah, I went on a rant, but I don't really care. I'm humbled by everything I have in life, especially the people in it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, I'm not completely self centered and entitled so I don't really think about what I want for the holiday season. I'm happy with what I get, but shopping for others is way better.

It's always funny hearing people say ''I always prefer to give than to receive gifts!!!'', because let's be real here, most humans on this planet are just naturally selfish assholes. It's even funnier hearing it from a pot smoking asshole from the Philly area.

Who you trying to kid, Brock? :yao:

You are such a douche bag :lol:

Well, I'm not completely self centered and entitled so I don't really think about what I want for the holiday season. I'm happy with what I get, but shopping for others is way better.

It's always funny hearing people say ''I always prefer to give than to receive gifts!!!'', because let's be real here, most humans on this planet are just naturally selfish assholes. It's even funnier hearing it from a pot smoking asshole from the Philly area.

Pot, meet kettle.

Well, I got a new miter saw for my birthday. That was pretty awesome. Apart from that I don't really care. If I had to pick something though, I'd probably say a table saw. I'm trying to put together a nice carpentry set-up. I've got the circular saw and the miter saw, so all I need to be able to make just about anything I want is a table saw. I don't really get into the intricate shit, so a band saw isn't something that I'm really all that concerned with. I need a plain, but my grandpa has a really old one that is still pretty much brand new. It's old school and not a power one, but it works great. No rust or seized parts or anything. Still looks like brand new and is in the original box.

Yes, I know I'm an old fuck, but my mother still gets me something for my birthday and Christmas every year whether I want her to or not. I've found that I might as well just tell her something that I want/need, because she's going to spend the money on me anyway. Gotta love mommo.

Edited by B-isforBowe
  • Upvote 1

I am honestly doing pretty good right now... There is nothing I desperately want or need.. And the things I do want, I know I won't be gifted anyway -- which I am totally cool with. But in the spirit of the thread, I need some new furniture.. I am very picky about what I put in my place and I really haven't quite found what I want yet..

Coffee table and end tables, couple book shelves, a nice entertainment center, and a new computer desk. Also would love a digital camera... Been meaning to get one for a long time and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

And the things I do want, I know I won't be gifted anyway

Stevo playing hard to get? :tissue:

Ha, nah. But I just usually get gift cards and what not because I don't communicate to others what I want well enough. lol

My favorite part of the gift exchange though is a game my mom's side plays. We play a gag gift white elephant type of thing.. Everyone just finds weird, totally stupid crap around their house or at thrift stores.. Wraps it up and we go around the room picking out of the pile of gag gifts and we get the chance to steal or what have you. Great time... Gotta love family.

Pot, meet kettle.

Pot, meet kettle. I'm a simple guy. I don't need a lot to find fulfillment in my life. All I need is my family, a friend, a roof over my head, food in my belly, some weed and some pussy now and then and I'm good.The reason I like shopping for others more than receiving gifts is because life is hard and I've grown to appreciate the people I have around me.If you've ever felt gratitude for somebody helping you when you needed it or you were down or because you don't have shit and showing you that somebody does give a fuck; you'd know how much more it means to return that feeling than just simply having "things." If you've ever really cared about somebody other than yourself you might understand how good it feels to show them how much you care about them by getting them something you know they've been wanting getting them something that maybe they hadn't thought of but really enjoy anyway because you know more about them than most people would. Exchanging gifts really just isn't about gaining something. Maybe to a child who can't understand the concept because they're too immature it is. Most people can provide for themselves what they really want. BWare actually did a pretty good job of explaining that.

The fuck. We never agree on anything, but this may be the first thing that I actually understand and agree with you on.

I know what you're saying entirely. Giving is far better than receiving just by the look on loved ones faces when they just see that you got them something. I'm not going to sit here and I don't like receiving...we all do. But it's safe for me to say that I enjoy getting others gifts...it takes some thought to get someone the 'perfect' gift..but it's fun..and worth more than anything I could receive.

• Upvote 1

Pot, meet kettle.

Pot, meet kettle. I'm a simple guy. I don't need a lot to find fulfillment in my life. All I need is my family, a friend, a roof over my head, food in my belly, some weed and some pussy now and then and I'm good.The reason I like shopping for others more than receiving gifts is because life is hard and I've grown to appreciate the people I have around me.If you've ever felt gratitude for somebody helping you when you needed it or you were down or because you don't have shit and showing you that somebody does give a fuck; you'd know how much more it means to return that feeling than just simply having "things." If you've ever really cared about somebody other than yourself you might understand how good it feels to show them how much you care about them by getting them something you know they've been wanting getting them something that maybe they hadn't thought of but really enjoy anyway because you know more about them than most people would. Exchanging gifts really just isn't about gaining something. Maybe to a child who can't understand the concept because they're too immature it is. Most people can provide for themselves what they really want. BWare actually did a pretty good job of explaining that.

Very touching, Brock. :tissue:

But I'm still not buying the bullshit that you're spewing. :yao:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My only real priority this year was making sure that my three youngest boys got new bikes. That mission is now accomplished and they are hid in the back of my workshop. As long as they have fun on Christmas morning I am fine (the older two kids will get something as well but they aren't as materialistic as they were when they were teenagers and will be satisfied with whatever they get--which will be decent enough).

• Upvote 1

Pot, meet kettle.

Very touching, Brock. :tissue:

But I'm still not buying the bullshit that you're spewing. :yao:

lol that's because you're a child Phil. Maybe someday you'll grow up...maybe lol