FartWaffles

Future NFL head coaches?

I really have no idea where the Lions are going.

Ken Wisenhunt would be my best guess. But I really don't know. I don't want a recycled head coach, but the Lions seem bent on getting that.

Titans job may still open up as well. Not really sure.

If Darrell Bevel is the HC of Minnesota when next season starts, I'm going to flip shit. He was a HORRIBLE OC when he was here and has not been that great in Seattle. Their offense could be significantly better, actually. Fuck that idea. The Wilfs have to be smarter than that.

That is so insanely stupid... lmao.

• Upvote 1

Lions should hire Mike Zimmer and bring in Chud to run the offense.... Would be awesome for them, IMO.

Titans job may still open up as well. Not really sure.

yeah, last I heard was from ESPN the other day saying they thought he was likely safe, but who knows, I'm just hoping we don't wait too long to make the decision

If Darrell Bevel is the HC of Minnesota when next season starts, I'm going to flip shit. He was a HORRIBLE OC when he was here and has not been that great in Seattle. Their offense could be significantly better, actually. Fuck that idea. The Wilfs have to be smarter than that.

That is so insanely stupid... lmao.

How so? I watched the Vikings offense suck ass every year that Bevel was here, and I never thought it could be worse until Musgrave proved otherwise. Seattle's offense is so hit or miss it's not even funny. The guy has not earned a HC opportunity.

The Vikings' offense was clicking on all cylinders when Favre was there, if I remember correctly. Maybe that was just Favre + decent WRs + decent O-line + great RB, but the offense worked with a solid QB running it. Then again, that is Favre, not just a "solid" QB.

The Vikings' offense was clicking on all cylinders when Favre was there, if I remember correctly. Maybe that was just Favre + decent WRs + decent O-line + great RB, but the offense worked with a solid QB running it. Then again, that is Favre, not just a "solid" QB.

I think you're giving 2009-10 Favre a little too much credit, he was definitely still better than anyone they've had since, but I wouldn't call him much more than a solid QB by that point

Honestly, you saying that makes me question your authority on the matter. Brett Favre completely changed the way he played the game in his last season with Mike McCarthy in Green Bay. He wasn't really the gunslinger anymore. He was making smart throws all season ending with probably the best year of his ENTIRE CAREER.

He has never been a volume type thrower, that isn't the era he played in.. So his yardage isn't extremely impressive, especially with guys regularly throwing for 5000 nowadays...

But he finished at the top or near the top in every category practically.

9th in passing yardage... But 3rd in completion percentage and 1st in TD:INT ratio. The only guys I would really put ahead of him in 2009 statistically would be Rodgers and Brees. Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning threw more than TWICE as many interceptions, so while nice years for sure.. I wouldn't really go with either of them. You oculd also make arguments for Ben, Brady, and Rivers.. But none I would really take.

Then you look at the team he had and there is no way you can say he was nothing more than solid. Every QB I just named had a better offensive cast than Favre did in Minnesota. You had Adrian Peterson who had one of the worst years of his career (still very good, mind you lol). Percy Harvin was a rookie and wasn't making the impact he eventually would. Sidney Rice who was a beast.. Visanthe Shiancoe... Bernard Berrian. An over the hill Chester Taylor.

And let's be honest.. The Vikings totally whooped the ass of the Saints that year but still lost. Should have EASILY been a Vikings Super Bowl berth. Albeit, we don't tally history on should haves.

Regardless, Brett Favre was EASILY... A top 5 QB in his final healthy season in the NFL, which is outstanding considering what he had to work with and being 39 years old.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Yeah that fluke year was really impressive. Shame it doesn't wash out the taint of his INT prone career.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah that fluke year was really impressive. Shame it doesn't wash out the taint of his INT prone career.

His last year in Green Bay was pretty good as well. Not nearly as awesome, but you could tell he was changing. The mere fact that he was able to completely alter his approach to the game at 35+ years old should be impressive enough.

I'd love to see Peyton do that... Alas, he is only capable of doing it his way. Throw it behind the LoS to a WR, let them gain all the yards. Effective, but not so impressive. ;):troll:

first off, I would never claim to be a great authority on Favre, second I was basing that comment largely off my memory, and looking again I think I'm weighing 2010, when he only completed 60.6% of his passes for a career low 2509 yards (to be fair, he only played 13 games, but the 3088 yards that projects to over 16 games would still be a career low by almost 150 yards) and threw 19 interceptions with only 11 TDs, a lot more than 2009, when he actually did post rather impressive numbers, including a career high 68.4 completion percentage, a career low 7 interceptions (ignoring his rookie year when he threw four passes) and a near career high 33 TDs, so my assessment wasn't entirely fair, I was definitely underselling 2009 Favre

Don't fucking get me started on the NFC Championship Game. We fucked ourselves. I could go on for years with the would haves, but I try not to because that makes me look pathetic. :(

Anyway, not too sure about Darrell Bevel (sp?). The offense had a great year with Favre in 09 (I'd even say AP did as well... 18 TDs? His fumbles were at their worst but still, 18 TDs...). Favre regressed heavily the next season, and after that (and before that) it's not like we had much to work with. Tarvaris Jackson? Sage Rosenfels? Gus Ferrotte? Come on... the Vikings QB situation has been pathetic and one of the only things holding this team back, and I think some of our coaches have unfairly taken the wrap for that. Not to say that Childress or Tice were exceptional coaches, however.

Edited by OSUViking

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington expects Bengals OC Jay Gruden to be the next Redskins head coach.

Darlington doesn't cite sources, but he's pretty well plugged-in around the league and likely isn't simply guessing. The most notable Washington-Gruden tie is Jay's history with Redskins GM Bruce Allen in Tampa Bay, where Gruden was an assistant coach on his big brother Jon's staff, and Allen ran football operations. Due to his last name, Jay would also fit the bill for owner Dan Snyder, who prefers flashy hires. The Bengals could promote RBs coach Hue Jackson to offensive coordinator, and very arguably upgrade on Gruden.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Browns appear to have "all eyes on" Broncos OC Adam Gase for their head-coaching vacancy.

Cleveland has been chugging along, interviewing a bevy of candidates, but it may not make a hire until it gets a chance to talk to Gase. That's not going to happen until the Broncos are bounced from the playoffs -- or win the Super Bowl -- as Gase has said he's not going to do interviews until then. The Browns seem to prefer an offensive mind, believing the "rest will take care of itself" on defense. Packers QBs coach Ben McAdoo is also on the Browns' radar.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone hire Bevell away lol just don't take Quinn.

A source tells the Cleveland Plain Dealer that "several colleagues" are warning Broncos OC Adam Gase against taking the Browns' head-coaching job after Rob

Chudzinski went one-and-done in Cleveland.

There are indications CEO Joe Banner, GM Mike Lombardi, and owner Jimmy Haslam are not "on the same page," per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora has reported that Gase is the Browns' new primary head-coaching target, after Patriots OC Josh McDaniels turned them down. Gase is not expected to interview for top-job vacancies until after Denver's playoff run.

Lol lions. This is the first time I have seen a bad coach leave because of a promotion. To each their own.