• Tyrann Mathieu
    • Star Lotulelei
    • Eric Reid
    • Alec Ogletree
    • Desmond Trufant
    • Other

Much murkier than OROY. Weigh in...

Edited by KempBolt

I voted Richardson. 76 tackles, 13 for a loss, and 4 sacks while playing 3-4 DE is crazy impressive to me. His numbers, given the context, top Alonso's. It's really difficult to come into this league and play well on the interior of a defensive line right away.

Richardson is an absolute beast, I'll go with him. There's some great candidates though. If Honeybadger stayed healthy then I may have went with him.

Eric Reid has been good but inconsistent, and Star is much the same way, but Sheldon Richardson is pretty much consistently a wall you cannot run at. Shell is my choice.

Kiko's on a bad defense and still balling.

Buffalo is 8th and 15th in total and scoring defense respectively. Not great, not bad.

But more specifically, Alonso's playing behind Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus. Could be a lot worse.

Edited by KempBolt

If Honeybadger stayed healthy, he'd have had my vote. The guy just made big plays at the right times and was still solid across the board. Cards defense is still good without him, but he was just such a spark plug for that team. As it is now I've vote Richardson with Alonso a close second.

It's actually cool how Honeybadger received so much hate from analysts (and I questioned him out of my sheepish nature when it comes to draft prospects and how people analyze them), yet he was producing pretty well at the pro level. Good for him.

At one point of the season I had Kiko as the definite DROY. He's kind of slowed down, while Richardson has been balling. I give Richardson my vote.

At one point of the season I had Kiko as the definite DROY. He's kind of slowed down, while Richardson has been balling. I give Richardson my vote.

Yeah that's the other really impressive thing about Sheldon-- he's so consistent.

I would say Richardson. Alonso and him were neck and neck about halfway through the season but Alonso hasn't been playing as well lately while Richardson is still doing what he's been doing all season.

Kiko's on a bad defense and still balling.

Have you watched the Bills play defense this year perchance?

And forgive me Kiko, but I gotta go with Sheldon.

It's so tough to pick a DROY this year, I have a hard time picking star or Richardson because of the massive amount of talent around them.

It's so tough to pick a DROY this year, I have a hard time picking star or Richardson because of the massive amount of talent around them.

Well the presumable alternative are Kiko playing behind two stud defensive tackles and Mathieu playing behind a stout Arizona front seven. Not often that a rookie gets drafted onto a talentless roster and manages to shine (e.g. Cyprien).

Well the presumable alternative are Kiko playing behind two stud defensive tackles and Mathieu playing behind a stout Arizona front seven. Not often that a rookie gets drafted onto a talentless roster and manages to shine (e.g. Cyprien).

Exactly, that's what I mean. Lots of guys to choose from but lots of guys reaping off the talent around them

I love Star. Such a good pickup for us.

But Sheldon has to be DROY.

I realized that I snubbed Trufant when I made the list. It's still definitely Richardson for me, but Trufant had the best season of any of the rookie corners. Very impressive.