Sign in to follow this  
AL_Royalty

Rodgers to Start

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed FOX Sports Wisconsin's earliier report that quarterback Aaron Rodgers will start Sunday against the Chicago Bears.

Rodgers has missed the past seven games after fracturing his left collarbone Nov. 4 in a loss to Chicago.

Rodgers has been practicing in a limited fashion in recent weeks, but the team had yet to medically clear him. Now, more than eight weeks removed from the injury, the Packers got the good news they were hoping for with their starting quarterback.

Rodgers is back just in time, too, as the Packers (7-7-1) can win the NFC North on Sunday with a win over the Bears (8-7).

Without Rodgers as the starter, the Packers went 2-4-1.

In before Rodgers totally bombs and makes Packer fans want Matt Flynn.

Bears new gameplan: 11-man pass rush to eliminate Rodgers once and for all

Call me crazy, because I think the Bears win, anyway.

This could be interesting, because having Rodgers back means less Eddie Lacy. =O

ESPN is going crazy,,, Saying this could propel us through this game and deep into the playoffs. Lmao. I mean, it could.. but because people realize it, it won't happen.

Bears are a huge bounce-back team this year. They follow horrible performances with really good ones.. And now they are coming off an embarrassing loss to the Eagles to play their arch rivals at home for the division title?

The Bears are going to be ready to play ball, and play it right.

ESPN is going crazy,,, Saying this could propel us through this game and deep into the playoffs. Lmao. I mean, it could.. but because people realize it, it won't happen.

Bears are a huge bounce-back team this year. They follow horrible performances with really good ones.. And now they are coming off an embarrassing loss to the Eagles to play their arch rivals at home for the division title?

The Bears are going to be ready to play ball, and play it right.

The Bears are also a safe bet to fall apart at the most inopportune times since Cutler got there. Hell, Cutler is good for it no matter where he's playing. He's a career close-but-no-cigar QB. I don't see that changing here. I know it just the ever budding pessimist in you that makes you constantly doubt the Packers, but they are playing well with a guy who was cut from three or four teams in the same calender year. Now they have Rodgers back, and Cutler is still Cutler. I don't really see how the Bears win this game.

Rodgers missed nearly two months with a crack in his collar bone. It's not crazy to think that the layoff, combined with lingering concerns about the injury, would lead to thePackers taking a safer approach in their game plan.

That won't be the case, according to Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

"To me, that goes back to the decision," McCarthy said Friday, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "If we were thinking that way, the decision wouldn't be what it is. The decision's been made. Obviously it was a thorough one. And it's time for Aaron to play.

"We're going to cut him loose and we're going to go play. We're going to play to win."

NFL.com

This is going to end so incredibly badly... lmao

The more I read and watch, the more I feel Vin's prediction is going to be spot on.

:smug:

Everything will probably be fine. It's just a feeling, and if I've learned anything from pick 'em, it's that those feelings are wrong more often than not.

:smug:

Everything will probably be fine. It's just a feeling, and if I've learned anything from pick 'em, it's that those feelings are wrong more often than not.

Well, 2 TDs, 2 picks and a lost* fumble. I was close...

Rodgers was a tad off on a few throws, but he's obviously better than any backup Green Bay has. This could be the essential wipe-the-dust-off game, meaning he'll be 100% for next week's game against San Fran...which has the foundation of epicness.

It really is unfortunate that we don't get to watch Marshall/Jeffrey/Bennett in the playoffs. :(

It really is unfortunate that we don't get to watch Marshall/Jeffrey/Bennett in the playoffs. :(

lol In what world does Bennett get mentioned with Marshall and Jeffrey.

• Upvote 2

lol In what world does Bennett get mentioned with Marshall and Jeffrey.

It was moreso referring to teams trying to defend all these tall Bear pass catchers.