Favre4Ever

Super Bowl XLVIII - The Game of Thrones

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win SBXLVIII

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Denver Broncos

Peyton Manning took an odd tact to responding to Richard Sherman's smack talk Thursday: Manning agreed with it.

On Thursday, Manning was asked about that critique. Rather than fire back at Sherman, Manning embraced it with open arms.

"I believe it to be true," Manning said to the chuckle of the crowd. "He's a smart player. I don't think that's a real reach what he's saying there. I do throw ducks. I throw a lot of yards and touchdowns (on) ducks, so I'm actually quite proud of it."

Would have been silly to disagree, so I guess you have to like the honesty. Ha.

According to Pro Football Focus, Broncos DE/OLB Shaun Phillips only disrupted the quarterback on 47-of-443 pass rush snaps during the regular season.

That's a sack, hit, or hurry on just 10.6 percent of his pass rush attempts. Despite posting ten sacks, Phillips' disruption rate ranks him No. 62 among all players who rushed the quarterback at least 250 times. He'll have his hands full on Sunday against the elusive Russell Wilson.
Jan 31 - 1:56 PM

Landeskog says Broncos win 56-24 :yes:

Bold prediction time! Okay, maybe not in the outcome, but in the meaning of the outcome.

For awhile now, we've seen this shift in NFL quarterbacks from the old school, pocket passers to the new school, mobile quarterbacks. Yet, as dynamic as these scrambling quarterbacks can be, they've never won a Super Bowl.

Until now.

:Seahawks: 20

:Broncos: 6

Okay, so if Seattle wins, it's not going to be all because of the arms and legs of Russell Wilson, but Wilson's playmaking ability will be the difference in a game where Peyton Manning will be uncomfortable in the pocket all night long. This is a terrible matchup for Denver, and if you want to know why, read the article ATL just posted.

This currently seems like a famous Super Bowl in the making because of the cold-weather location, but it's really going to go down as the beginning of a shift change in the NFL. The next decade will be dominated by guys like Wilson and Colin Kaepernick winning rings.

:bookit:

You know, you might be right but I think a QB is always more dangerous from inside the pocket, but it's definitely a plus to be mobile. I think Russell Wilson will win rings because he's shown he can pass in the pocket. Russ is going to be more like Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers in that they picked their spots to run and do it well, but they're mostly just pocket passers. Obviously Wilson is more athletic than Young or Rodgers, but I mean, as awesome as it is for your QB to be able to run for a bunch of yards...It really sucks to have them miss time.

This goes for Cam and RGIII and any other mobile QB.

Sunday's forecast for Super Bowl 48 in Rutherford, N.J. currently calls for temperatures in the 40s and a slight chance of rain.

All things considered, it's shaping up to be a nice day in the New York/New Jersey area. Weather.com calls for a high of 50 degrees for the day, low winds in the 4-7 MPH range, and a 20 percent chance of rain at game time. Peyton Manning and the Broncos' air attack shouldn't be affected whatsoever. The coldest Super Bowl ever was the Cowboys vs. Dolphins in 1972 at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans when temperatures dropped down to 39 degrees. Super Bowl 48 may rival it, but we're not going to see anything drastic weather-wise.
Source: Weather.com

It's a beautiful day outside.

Tim Tebow sent God and Mother Nature to aid Peyton in winning a Super Bowl.

Seahawks declared RB Christine Michael, WR Bryan Walters, OL Michael Bowie, OL Caylin Hauptmann, TE Kellen Davis, DE Benson Mayowa, and DT Jordan Hill inactive for Super Bowl 48 against the Broncos.

The 62nd overall pick in April's draft, Michael never got an extended regular season opportunity as Marshawn Lynch and third-down back Robert Turbin stayed healthy all year. Michael finished his rookie campaign with 18 runs for 79 yards (4.4), demonstrating explosive running ability in spot duty. He has a ton of Dynasty league value, but Lynch will return in 2014. We'll be keeping a close eye on Michael's offseason development.

Broncos declared RB Ronnie Hillman, DB Quentin Jammer, QB Zac Dysert, OL Vinston Painter, OG Chris Kuper, TE Joel Dreessen, and DT Sione Fua inactive for Super Bowl 48 against the Seahawks.

A 2012 third-round pick, Hillman finished his second season with just 55 carries for 218 yards (4.0 YPC) after rushing 85 times as a rookie. He was benched for fumbling in Week 7 and appeared in just two more games (Weeks 16-17), being declared inactive for all three playoff contests. Hillman is only 22, but his long-term Dynasty appeal is limited behind Montee Ball and C.J. Anderson.

Welp.

If Peyton Manning ever makes it to another Super Bowl, I really think Roger Goodell should step in and put a halt to it.

This Super Bowl needs a POWER OUTAGE!

super-bowl-blackout.jpg

Fucking 50 degrees out and Peyton still choking on his cock. :yao:

Shame I didn't bet $500 on Seattle when I had the chance. :sigh:

I really liked the halftime show this year. The overall production of it seemed top notch, which is great.. especially after the BEP a couple years ago where everything looked 3rd rate and awful. Loved the opening with the kids, Bruno's bad kicked it up a notch... The ode to the military was awesome.

RHCP were... kinda gay (weird saying that...lol) and Bruno Mars doesn't exactly sing my favorite music... But Overall, from an entertainment and show perspective, I liked it a lot.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the Seahawks and their fans. Never thought an outcome like this were possible; just domination from the start. Granted, it takes a full team effort of suck to get blown out like this, but the Seahawks should be given credit for it.

Well done.

richard-sherman-more-clapping.gif

• Upvote 1

Let the peyton blows fucking dick talk be filled with the offseason. Sean, zack happy

• Upvote 1

- Peyton Manning sucks

- Broncos made me want more Bruno Mars.

- Congratulations to all the Seahawks and their fans. Especially the man who should get ALL the credit. Ted Thompson protege, and best GM in football -- John Schneider.

John-Schneider-Leading-The-Cheers-630x41

• Upvote 1

yeah... that sucked. not many other words have I. conga rats seahawks.

even being drunk wasn't any fun.