BLUE

2014 TGP Fantasy Baseball

I have no issues with OBP if it can be switched since the league has already been created. In fact for the league I had mentioned in another thread here...Not for the faint of heart (an espn daily line-up league) I included MANY non traditional fantasy stats simply because imho they line-up with more true worth of the players in real life. If anyone is interested I have several slots still available in that league (with espn you can have as many as 10 free fantasy baseball leagues at one time). For any interested the password is faint2014heart it is currently a 20 team league with a 40 man roster that is private...however a few days before the draft I will change it to a public league (most of the time they fill out within minutes once made public).

I switched AVG to OBP. :yep:

Good luck, everyone. :yep:

Edited by BLUE

Sweet.

Hope as many people show up for the draft as possible. :yep:

I want some suggestions on how to use my 4 bench spots... I am thinking about drafting the Brewers Sausage Presidents. Thoughts?

Interesting draft, comrades. Good luck to all this year.

I like my draft a lot (as I am sure everyone does). I made sure to draft a little more power than usual, as it's always my biggest weakness. A lot of my success (or lack thereof) comes down to a lot of very young pitchers... Dunno if I should feel weary or optimistic.

I like my OFs and my relievers, that's about it. Pitching is weak, mainly the back-end, and my non-OF bats are eh.

Still gonna win the league though :yep:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I already offered to help you out on that, but you refuse. Neg for complaining about your team.

I couldn't make the draft (obviously) with just too much going on in real life. Besides one of my sons having a birthday today had a long time family friend pass away yesterday and the visitation was tonight. Thankfully I had set up my predraft list to help me out in case I couldn't make it. Overall I was very pleased with what I got. Don't know how will it will work over the long haul (since injuries and such play a part--although not as big as in fantasy football), but I am pretty confident with the team I have that it will be a force to reckon with all season long.

I couldn't make the draft (obviously) with just too much going on in real life. Besides one of my sons having a birthday today had a long time family friend pass away yesterday and the visitation was tonight. Thankfully I had set up my predraft list to help me out in case I couldn't make it. Overall I was very pleased with what I got. Don't know how will it will work over the long haul (since injuries and such play a part--although not as big as in fantasy football), but I am pretty confident with the team I have that it will be a force to reckon with all season long.

It's totally understandable that you couldn't make the draft, southdawg, given those reasons.

Thanks to everyone that made the draft. I think this was the best turnout we've had for a TGP fantasy baseball draft. And everyone drafted well, IMO.

Post your roster if you feel like it. I thought I did OK. I had the 9th pick, overall:

C Jason Castro

1B Mark Teixeira

2B Robinson Cano

3B Ryan Zimmerman

SS Jose Reyes

OF Ryan Braun

OF Jayson Werth

OF Nellie Cruz

UTL Pedro Alvarez

UTL Pablo Sandoval

UTL Xander Bogaerts

SP Max Scherzer

SP David Price

SP Francisco Liriano

RP Jim Johnson

RP Greg Holland

RP Grant Balfour

P Clay Buchholz

P Ervin Santana

P Tyler Clippard

BN Taijuan Walker

BN Tim Hudson

BN Kyle Lohse

BN Joakim Soria

Also, sorry that this league doesn't start until the 2nd week. I changed the draft date multiple times, but it still set the 2nd week as our starting week every time, for some weird reason.

Good luck, guys. :yep:

Edited by BLUE

C 1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
OF
OF
Util
Util
Util
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP
RP
P
P
P
BN
BN
BN
BN
  • (Sea - 1B)

Pitching is a little weak...but it'll do :yep:

Edited by ATL

Also, if for some reason I don't make the championship, both Blue and F4E need to. Best championship of all time.

C Carlos Santana (Cle - C,1B)

1B Anthony Rizzo (ChC - 1B)

2B José Altuve (Hou - 2B)

3B Todd Frazier (Cin - 3B)

SS Ian Desmond (Was - SS)

OF Mike Trout (LAA - OF)

OF Yasiel Puig (LAD - OF)

OF Wil Myers (TB - OF)

Util Matt Adams (StL - 1B)

Util Leonys Martín (Tex - OF)

Util Chris Johnson (Atl - 1B,3B)

BN Billy Hamilton (Cin - OF)

BN Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)

SP Félix Hernández (Sea - SP)

SP Alex Cobb (TB - SP)

SP Jeff Samardzija (ChC - SP)

RP Craig Kimbrel (Atl - RP)

RP Glen Perkins (Min - RP)

RP Addison Reed (Ari - RP)

P Bobby Parnell (NYM - RP)

P Travis Wood (ChC - SP)

P Tanner Scheppers (Tex - RP)

BN Jorge De La Rosa (Col - SP)

BN Jake McGee (TB - RP)

C: Buster Posey
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Aaron Hill (yeah I know it needs improved)
3B: Josh Donaldson
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Michael Cuddyer
OF: Hunter Pence
OF: Carl Crawford
Util: Jean Segura
Util: Starlin Castro
Util: Jurickson Profar
SP: Jose Fernandez
SP: Gio Gonzalez
SP: Anibal Sanchez
SP: Hiroki Kuroda
SP: Matt Moore
SP: Danny Salazar
RP: Koji Uehara
RP: David Robertson
RP: Fernando Rodney

Bench:

Josh Johnson
Scott Kazmir
Nolan Arenado
Nori Aoki

Need more homers but I will win strikeouts.

The Price Is Wong

C: Wilson Ramos
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Martin Prado

SS: JJ Hardy
3B: Edwin Encarnacion
OF: Starling Marte
OF: Allen Craig
OF: Mark Trumbo
UTIL: Freddie Freeman
UTIL: Domonic Brown
UTIL: Daniel Murphy

SP Michael Wacha
SP Shelby Miller
SP Sonny Gray
SP Gerrit Cole
SP Justin Masterson
SP Ian Kennedy
RP Trevor Rosenthal
RP Steve Chisek
RP Huston Street

Bench Jhonny Peralta
Bench Torii Hunter
Bench Michael Brantley
Bench Ublado Jimenez

Pretty much have this championship locked up :smug:

Seriously though, need my entire pitching staff, which outside of a couple of guy is full of young guns to come through and while I don't think I need it, I would really appreciate Daniel Murphy not being a one-year wonder last seaosn. Chances of that, I am sure, are pretty low... But, I can hope.

Sarge's Screwballers

C Wilin Rosario

1B Albert Pujols

2B Ian Kinsler

SS Asdrubal Cabrera

3B David Wright

OF Andrew McCutchen

OF Matt Holliday

OF Jason Heyward

Util Carlos Beltran (OF)

Util Brandon Belt (1B)

Util Curtis Granderson (OF)

Bench: Adam Lind (1B)

Bench: Nick Swisher (1B/OF)

SP: Stephen Strasburg

SP: Cliff Lee

SP: Cole Hamels

RP: Jason Grilli

RP: Ernesto Frieri

RP: Mark Melancon

P: R.A. Dickey

P: Lance Lynn

P: Joel Peralta

Bench: Bartolo Colon

Bench: A.J. Griffin (dropping him soon though)

I should once against have a stranglehold on holds. I also have a great chance at having the lowest team WHIP in our league. This year I will be competitive in saves and strikeouts as well. I should be competitive ine very aspect of pitching. My lineup will struggle in most areas except for home runs and doubles. I should be able to compete with most teams in those two hitting categories. I need Pujols to return to his normal ways as much as possible and for Jason Heyward to finally put it all together for a full season if my lineup is going to be as competitive as possible. Overall I have a pretty decent team that should definitely make the playoffs mainly on the strength of the pitching.

Are you guys excited or what?!

Okay I will admit that I am new to Yahoo fantasy sports but is there a disabled list at all? I looked and looked this morning and couldn't find it. Kershaw is on the DL in real life and wanted to see if I could put him on DL in the fantasy league and use someone else while he is out. Couldn't figure out how to do it.

NEVERMIND....i found out that although i never saw a tab saying manage DL or anything like that if you click on the player's position it gives ya the option.

Edited by southgadawg

How do you get to see your matchup totals? Everytime I try to look all I see are --- across where stats should be. Yahoo is much different that the cbs, espn, and even the old mlb leagues that I used to play in the past and I am having a lot of difficulty finding information on it that should be common place (and probably is, just isn't intuitive to me).

How do you get to see your matchup totals? Everytime I try to look all I see are --- across where stats should be. Yahoo is much different that the cbs, espn, and even the old mlb leagues that I used to play in the past and I am having a lot of difficulty finding information on it that should be common place (and probably is, just isn't intuitive to me).

You can't see matchup totals because the league hasn't started yet. It starts week 2 (starting Monday, April 7th) because Yahoo was being weird and making it start at that date no matter when I set the draft date. I made a post about it in here a few weeks ago:

Also, sorry that this league doesn't start until the 2nd week. I changed the draft date multiple times, but it still set the 2nd week as our starting week every time, for some weird reason.

If you still wanna just look at your individual stats for this or any week, you can do so by clicking on the "My Team" tab. :yep:

lol yeah i could see the active one on that day, just not a matchup total. Sorry someway I had missed that we were starting on week 2.

lol yeah i could see the active one on that day, just not a matchup total. Sorry someway I had missed that we were starting on week 2.

No need to apologize, dude.

Anyways, Jose Reyes is already on the DL for me, although it doesn't look to be a serious injury (for now). >_> I put him on the DL and put Xander Bogaerts at SS and picked up Justin Smoak to replace Bogaerts at a UTL spot.

Edited by BLUE

Sarge gonna win this again.