Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Update: Packers Sign Sam Shields to 4yr, $39M Extension

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Wednesday on NFL Network’s “NFL Total Access” that the Packers plan to take advantage of their nearly $30 million in cap space and acquire outside free agents, according to sources informed of the team’s thinking.

Rapoport reports that the Packers could sign as many as five players, which would be the most for the team since 2006.

He also stated that the team could let B.J. Raji walk in free agency. I think this would be a very intelligent thing to do, especially when you look at Raji’s production. It has continued to decrease over time.

Not going to believe it until it happens. But please, please do both of these things. Spend big AND let The Freezer walk.

The other 31 NFL teams should forfeit the 2014 season if this comes true. Packers dynasty incoming.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Repent, ye sinners. The end is nigh.

• Upvote 1

I think Alex Mack is a big possibility as well, depending how the EDS negotiations work out. As long as Cleveland is dumb enough to let him go. :shifty:

Reportedly, Mack has the right amount of butt sweat for Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by Favre4Ever

They said "5 players" they didn't say they'd be 5 good players, hold onto your butts people.

• Upvote 1

Jairus Byrd
TJ Ward

Alex Mack

Tony Gonzalez
Paul Soliai

The next ten super bowls will be OURS!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Man what are we going to do about all those free agents...

gotta spend a lot of money to get people to come to Green Bay.

gotta spend a lot of money to get people to come to Green Bay.

Having the best quarterback in the league helps their cause.

Doubt it.

This. Unless the dudes are hardcore "win-now" mentality, they won't give a shit because we're not targeting major offensive free agents (idk if we're targeting any major free agents at all, probably just depth guys or POSSIBLE starters). They'll be defensive guys, who won't be playing with Rodgers they'll just be on the same team as him.

I don't think going out and signing a big name automatically resorts to a "win now" mentality or the negativity associated with the phrase.. But eventually you do get to the point where you can't just draft every single player and wait 2-3 years for them to develop. Not only will it help us win now, but it will help win next year.. and the year after, and so forth.

Here comes the onslaught of free agents

Packers signed RB Michael Hill.

A "name" undrafted free agent last season, Hill was plucked off the Packers' practice squad by the Bucs in November. He remained on the 53-man roster through the end of the season, but was waived after getting arrested for disorderly conduct in January. Hill carried the ball nine times for 23 yards as a rookie. He'll compete for a job on special teams and No. 4 running back duties in camp.

Very unlikely he stays on the roster.

Former Rams GM Billy Devaney referred to free agent DT B.J. Raji as "pretty much just a guy."

Raji's stock has sunk sharply at the wrong time. He has zero sacks over his last 39 games (including playoffs), has zero forced fumbles in his five-year career and graded out dead last against the run among 3-4 ends in PFF's 2013 grades. Raji might be better off in a scheme that allows interior linemen more freedom, but there's a good chance he's also regretting the decision to turn down $8 million annually a year ago.
Source: ESPN
  • Upvote 1

Fuck that arrogant douche. He's worthless sack of shit.. Literally. Almost. I liked him when we drafted him, and he actually cared about doing well back then. Ever since the SB run he has no fire, no passion.. He's super inconsistent, and dramatically overvalues himself. He is a pretty AWFUL player. It was a blessing he turned down our offer because I would be uneasy paying him HALF of that.

Let him walk... Plain and simple.

Jairus Byrd

TJ Ward

Alex Mack

Tony Gonzalez

Paul Soliai

The next ten super bowls will be OURS!

If we get either of these two I will orgasm everywhere, seeing as how you all know how much I love Byrd and Bossman Ward.

Edited by Arz

Packers will not even pursue Ryan Pickett, James Jones, or BJ Raji in Free Agency according to reports.

Sad about James. Great guy, but it's time.

Who's the impressive slot receiver waiting to take James' spot? Or have his increased stats just inflated his pricetag too much?

Who's the impressive slot receiver waiting to take James' spot? Or have his increased stats just inflated his pricetag too much?

Well Cobb is our slot receiver and if it wasn't for his injury he could have had 100 catches. James Jones is good but very inconsistent in my opinion. He would have great games and other times be nonexistent. He thrives off the long ball, but with Boykin emerging and with Nelson and Cobb entering contract seasons, Jones becomes expendable. If he could come back cheap, I would like him back but I'm sure some team is willing to pay him.

Ya. Cobb primarily plays slot. James Jones is usually on the outside opposite Jordy Nelson. But there are numerous factors at play here, unfortunately.

One, I think they are overplaying his value, just like players and agents always do during free agency.

Two, Packers are right now workign on a mega extension for Jordy Nelson and they say that Randall Cobb is the next priority. Too much money going into the WR position already.

Thirdly, the emergence of Jarrett Boykin and the depth (or perceived depth) of the draft really limits the return opportunities for James.

I love James... great hard working and under appreciated player. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. My guess is somewhere with Packer ties. Oakland, Seattle, or Kansas City if the price is right. Maybe Miami, but who the hell would want to sign there.

Sam Shields is only asking for 4 years and a little over 22 million according to reports. WHY ISNT HE SIGNED YET!

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting the Packers and free agent CB Sam Shields will not reach an agreement before free agency begins.

This comes as a surprise as all indications had been Shields and the Pack would work something out before free agency began. Shields could still return to Green Bay, but it looks like he will test the market first. He should not be at a lack for suitors, with CBS's Jason La Canfora already suggesting the Browns would be interested. Shields, 26, is Rotoworld's No. 6 free agent corner and could command $7 million annually.

I hate Ted Thompson with most inner fiber of my being.

If we don't get him signed....

Edited by Favre4Ever