Sign in to follow this  
Jordan629

3 Round Mock (w/ explanations in 1st rd)

Round 1

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney DE, South Carolina

He's simply the best player in the draft IMO. Houston can't pass this guy up. Watt and Clowney will terrorize offenses.

2. St. Louis Rams (from WAS) - Greg Robinson OT, Auburn

Many have Matthews going here but Robinson is the best OT in the class to me. A big need for St. Louis.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater QB, Louisville

I keep hearing Bridgewater's stock is dropping but i don't buy it. He's far and away the best QB in this class whether you're a stathead or a film geek. Jags need to finally figure this position out.

4. Cleveland Browns - Sammy Watkins WR, Clemson

Watkins paired with Gordon (and, you know, a competant coaching staff) could really help whatever QB Cleveland brings in next. Gordon might walk after next year in free agency but we'll see.

5. Oakland Raiders - Johnny Manziel QB, Texas A&M

Raiders seem to really like him and also want to make a "splash" and get some media attention too. I don't think he's the next best QB behind Teddy but I see Oakland taking Johnny F. here with Watkins off the board.

6. Atlanta Falcons - Khalil Mack OLB, Buffalo

This one is tough. On one side, Atlanta's o-line is putrid and they should make measures to protect their $100MM investment better. But on the other hand, their pass rush sucked and it lead to the downfall of their defense, and season. Hurt them more than the Jones and White injuries IMO. Mack is a monster and should be racking up sacks in no time. Mike Nolan will be giddy over getting this kid.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M

I couldn't even name the OTs for Tampa right now. Matthews helps them right away even though Tampa does have pass rush issues.

8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr OLB, UCLA

Barr's stock seems to be dropping according to the media but I'm certain teams still covet him. I know they need a QB but I don't think there's a QB good enough that's available for right here. Jared Allen is gone and they actually have a pretty decent D-line growing with Floyd, Robeson, and newly signed Linval Joseph. But where Zimmer had Barr fit, we'll see.

9. Buffalo Bills - Eric Ebron TE, North Carolina

Buffalo's defense could eventually be pretty dominant if they aren't already. So now what they really need is some offensive help and a weapon to maybe salvage EJ Manuel (if that's at all possible).

10. Detroit Lions - Darqueze Dennard CB, Michigan State

No brainer, here. Detroit needs CBs and Dennard is arugably the best available CB. Good, physical CB that can add some grit to a defense that really needs it.

11. Tennessee Titans - Kony Ealy DE, Missouri

Kamerion Wimbley was a huge FA bust and Titans have really no one else at pass rusher. Newly hired Dc Ray Horton might go 3-4, Ealy might be a better fit for 4-3 DE, but he's still the BPA here IMO. Has some natural pass rush ability that can be used regardless of scheme.

12. New York Giants - Aaron Donald DT, Pittsburgh

Donald has shot up draft board thanks to his combine and break out senior year. May be a little undersized but fits well in a 4-3. With the loss of Linval Joseph and the Giants needing to use the Eagles DT scraps, it's time the Giants get back to what got them 2 SBs in 5 years, good drafting. Donald could eventually be good pair with big John Hankins.

13. St. Louis Rams - Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix FS, Alabama

Weakest position on the Rams is safety, weaker than OT. "HaHa" is the best safety in this draft, perfect fit.

14. Chicago Bears - Justin Gilbert CB, Oklahoma State

If Clinton-Dix didn't go to St. Louis he'd probably be going here. Secondary in general is the Bears biggest weakness. Tillman is on his last leg, too. I originally had them going DT, but secondary is too much of a glaring need to go DT.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Evans WR, Texas A&M

Biggest threat at WR right now is Antonio Brown, with the loss of Emmanuel Sanders to Denver. Lance Moore and Darius Heyward-Bey are both 1st round bust scraps from pass heavy teams that couldn't even stick there, so they're just stopgap pickups really. Tallest WR on the team is Justin Brown, who is...who exactly? Anyway, Evans brings size and another much needed element to Pittsburgh's offense.

16. Dallas Cowboys - Timmy Jernigan DT, Floria State

What need don't the Cowboys have on defense? They could easily go safety here but with Marinelli at the helm of the defense I can see them strengthening their D-line. Melton could be good if healthy, but that D-line needs a major facelift.

17. Baltimore Ravens - Louis Nix III DT, Notre Dame

Ngata has been more of a DE lately and Terrence Cody isn't very good at all. A chance to bring in the draft's best NT into a defensive unit that has a long history of great play, and I think we'll be hearing about Nix for many years to come.

18. New York Jets - Brandin Cooks WR, Oregon State

Decker was a decent addition but the Jets have been short on offensive weapons for years now. It's time to address that. CB is a big need for them but it's time to finally get weapons and at least try and make your 2nd round pick from last year look like a serviceable QB.

19. Miami Dolphins - Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan

I don't know if you guys have heard, but the Dolphins didn't have a great O-line last year. On or off the field. Lewan is an incredibly athletic OT, but with questionable character (not what the Dolphins need) but Tannehill was the most sacked QB last year. I really think Tannehill has potential and he needs some help.

20. Arizona Cardinals - Zack Martin OT, Notre Dame

Another team with a bad O-line. Carson Palmer's head-scratching decisions don't do him any favors, but his O-line doesn't do him any either. This O-line has been a work in progress for years now. Martin is a guy who can play everywhere on the line and hopefully Johnathan Cooper returns well and they can have a solid o-line.

21. Green Bay Packers - Calvin Pryor FS, Louisville

Packers fans all want a safety. Well here's your guy. Not as good as HaHa, but I think Pryor just might have a higher ceiling than Haha. Pryor plays a lot like Bob Sanders, so let's hope his career doesn't end up like his.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Marqise Lee WR, USC

Eagles have a glaring need at safety and pass rush, but with both of the best options at safety gone, there's a drop off to the next best. And pass rush also falls off after Clowney, Barr and Mack. Chip Kelly is an offensive junkie and even called Lee "The best WR he's ever faced" I assume he meant in college. With Jackson gone, there's Maclin, Cooper and... Brad Smith. Better get a WR while you can, they're gonna fly off the shelves soon.

23. Kansas City Chiefs - Xavier Su'a-Filo OG, UCLA

Chiefs picked Eric Fisher last year who was not impressive before he got injured. Chiefs need O-line help badly with the loss of Brandon Albert, especially interior. Reid loves his o-linemen too.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Kyle Fuller CB, Virginia Tech

Dre Kirkpatrick has not worked out like Marvin Lewis had hoped. He's still got time but CB has to be the pick here. Terrence Newman is declining (when hasn't he been?) and Leon Hall is coming back from his 2nd achilles tear in 3 years.

25. San Diego Chargers - Jason Verrett CB, TCU

Chargers biggest need. I was thinking WR here, but CB is just too weak to overlook here.

26. Cleveland Browns (from IND) - Derek Carr QB, Fresno State

Stop me if you've heard this before, but the Browns need a QB. I'm not Carr's biggest fan but I see him going here out of pure desperation from Cleveland.

27. New Orleans Saints - Odell Beckham Jr. WR, LSU

Colston and Stills are your starting WRs going into the 2014 season, which isn't bad. But Beckham has real star potential and can obviously shine in such a pass heavy offense.

28. Carolina Panthers - Kelvin Benjamin WR, Florida State

Panthers have nothing at WR. Nothing. Benjamin is a raw prospect but Carolina really needs a pick or two (maybe 3) at WR).

29. New England Patriots - Ra'Shede Hageman DT, Minnesota

Wilfork is declining and the Pats need DT/NT help in general. Hageman helped himself at the combine and I think fits in well. Maybe isn't a pure NT, but he doesn't have to be in NE.

30. San Francisco 49ers - Bradley Roby CB, Ohio State

Roby has all the talent you could want from a CB, and none of the brains. A good front 7 in SF can probably mask some of his mental lapses, but with good coaching he has all the tools you want for a good CB.

31. Denver Broncos - CJ Mosley ILB, Alabama

Easily the BPA here and Broncos need to strengthen their LB corps. Hopefully Von Miller has a bounce back year, because Miller and Mosley can be a real force.

32. Seattle Seahawks - Jeremiah Attaochu DE, Georgia Tech

I wanted to go OG here but Seattle loves their pass rush and this is a good chance to strengthen it even more. Attaochu has played as both a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE in college so I think he'd fit in well with the Seattle's 4-3 Under scheme.

Round 2

33. Houston Texans - Blake Bortles QB, UCF

34. Washington Redskins - Morgan Moses OT, Virginia

35. Cleveland Browns - Carlos Hyde RB, Ohio State

36. Oakland Raiders - Ryan Shazier OLB, Ohio State

37. Atlanta Falcons - Dee Ford DE, Auburn

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jarvis Landry WR, LSU

39. Jacksonville Jaguars - David Yankey OG, Stanford

40. Minnesota Vikings - Zach Mettenberger QB, LSU

41. Buffalo Bills - Scott Crichton OLB, Oregon State

42. Tennessee Titans - Keith McGill CB, Utah

43. New York Giants - Allen Robinson WR, Penn State

44. St. Louis Rams - Marcus Roberson CB, Florida

45. Detroit Lions - Trent Murphy DE, Stanford

46. Pittsburgh Steelers - Antonio Richardson OT, Tennessee

47. Dallas Cowboys - Jimmy Ward SS, Northern Illinois

48. Baltimore Ravens - Deonne Bucannon SS, Washington State

49. New York Jets - LaMarcus Joyner CB, Florida State

50. Miami Dolphins - Brandon Thomas G, Clemson

51. Chicago Bears - Dominique Easley DT, Florida

52. Arizona Cardinals - Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech

53. Green Bay Packers - Chris Borland LB, Wisconsin

54. Philadelphia Eagles - Kyle Van Noy OLB, BYU

55. Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Tuitt DE, Notre Dame

56. San Francisco 49ers (from KC) - Jordan Matthews WR, Vanderbilt

57. San Diego Chargers - Marcus Smith OLB, Louisville

58. New Orleans Saints - Gabe Jackson OG, Mississippi State

59. Indianapolis Colts - Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB, Nebraska

60. Carolina Panthers - JuWaun James OT, Tennessee

61. San Francisco 49ers - DaQuan Jones DT, Penn State

62. New England Patriots - Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE, Washington

63. Denver Broncos - Donte Moncrief WR, Ole Miss

64. Seattle Seahawks - Davante Adams WR, Fresno State

Round 3

65. Houston Texans - Phillip Gaines CB, Rice

66. Washington Redskins - Travis Swanson C, Arkansas

67. Oakland Raiders - Joel Bitonio OT, Nevada

68. Atlanta Falcons - Jack Mewhort OT, Ohio State

69. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Carl Bradford OLB, Arizona State

70. Jacksonville Jaguars - Weston Richburg C, Colorado State

71. Cleveland Browns - Bashaud Breeland CB, Clemson

72. Minnesota Vikings - Tre Mason RB, Auburn

73. Buffalo Bills - Dakota Dozier OG, Furman

74. New York Giants - Troy Niklas TE, Notre Dame

75. St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Garoppolo QB, Eastern Illinois

76. Detroit Lions - CJ Fiedorowicz TE, Iowa

77. San Francisco 49ers (from TEN) - Marcus Martin C, USC

78. Dallas Cowboys - Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas

79. Baltimore Ravens - Cyrus Kouandijo OT, Alabama

80. New York Jets - Trevor Reilly OLB, Utah

81. Miami Dolphins - E.J. Gaines CB, Missouri

82. Chicago Bears - Shane Skov LB, Stanford

83. Cleveland Browns (from PIT) - Dion Bailey FS, USC

84. Arizona Cardinals - Jeremy Hill RB, LSU

85. Green Bay Packers - Will Sutton DT, Arizona State

86. Philadelphia Eagles - Terrence Brooks S, Florida State

87. Kansas City Chiefs - Paul Richardson WR, Colorado

88. Cincinnati Bengals - Billy Turner OT, North Dakota

89. San Diego Chargers - Cyril Richardson OG, Baylor

90. Indianapolis Colts - Ahmad Dixon S, Baylor

91. New Orleans Saints - Telvin Smith LB, Florida State

92. Carolina Panthers - Pierre Desir CB, Lindenwood

93. New England Patriots - Yawin Smallwood LB, UConn

94. San Francisco 49ers - Ed Reynolds FS, Stanford

95. Denver Broncos - Victor Hampton CB, South Carolina

96. Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) - Christian Jones LB, FSU

97. Pittsburgh Steelers - Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida

98. Green Bay Packers - Demarcus Lawrence DE, Boise State

99. Baltimore Ravens - Charles Sims RB, West Virginia

100. San Francisco 49ers - Tajh Boyd QB, Clemson

• Upvote 2

As I mentioned in one of the other threads.. I am beginning to think the Packers may be looking at Mosley more, especially with his stock dropping relatively speaking -- but can't go wrong with a safety. Nice mock, it can be a pain to draw it out into 3+ rounds sometimes. Bortles and Ford dropping to the 2nd though? I dunno...

Pretty good overall man, welcome by the way.

Matthews to the Bucs seems forced. They just paid big money to Anthony Collins and expect to start him. Much better places to go with that pick. Maybe Barr or Evans?

I like this. Pretty solid overall man, welcome to the site.

Like that you have the best QB in the draft getting taken by the Browns. Smart man.

Mack. :megusta:

Just because you can't name our OTs doesn't mean we need one. Anthony Collins and Demar Dotson is a solid duo there, I'd rage if we wasted our first rounder on a tackle.

I did want to go pass rusher, but it's not like Tampa's tackles aren't upgradable. I wasn't really set on that pick to begin with. Hell, I had Dennard going there when i first made this 2 weeks ago and I switched it up.

What a boring draft for the Jags. Not a bad draft really, but my goodness that's an incredibly boring and anticlimactic one.

Don't like Phildelphia draft at all.. and buccannon will not go that early he is projected late 2nd early 3rd

Don't like Phildelphia draft at all.. and buccannon will not go that early he is projected late 2nd early 3rd

Which part dont you like the most? i was thinking of putting Marcus Smith in the Eagles 2nd rounder spot originally.

Edited by Jordan629

Can't name our tackles. Yet we have a Top 5 RT in the NFL :yao:

I will be surprised to see us use a high pick on a corner, yes, we lost Verner, but we've got a couple guys waiting in the wings in Coty Sensabaugh (a 4th round pick in 2012) and Blidi Wreh-Wilson (a 3d round pick last year) who will compete for the second spot across from McCourty and we'll be fine there

What a boring draft for the Jags. Not a bad draft really, but my goodness that's an incredibly boring and anticlimactic one.

Would be fine with Bridgewater and Richburg. I just want no parts of Yankey, not a fan at all.

I will be surprised to see us use a high pick on a corner, yes, we lost Verner, but we've got a couple guys waiting in the wings in Coty Sensabaugh (a 4th round pick in 2012) and Blidi Wreh-Wilson (a 3d round pick last year) who will compete for the second spot across from McCourty and we'll be fine there

I wanted Wreh-Wilson so badly last year hope he does well

Btw, 49ers fans, the Boyd pick has nothing to do with certain accusations of a certain QB that came out today haha...

I enjoy it all around. Probably my best-case scenario for the first round.

Don't really agree with some of your rankings (don't agree with most people's), but I LOVE the Odell Beckham to the Saints pick.....just a nice toss up from all the other same old same mocks at that spot.

Laughing at Bortles in the second round though.

Panthers have Jason Avant and Jerricho Cotchery. They don't have "nothing". Still agree they will likely take a WR in the first, though.

Teams always have players at positions. The Panthers let go all their WRs. Avant and Cotchery are far from #1 receivers. It's more then a stretch to even call them #2 receivers. Situational depth receivers at best. I think it's pretty safe to say they have almost nothing at receiver. Those aging 30 and over guys are going to need younger play makers to open up opportunities for them.

Avant and Cotchery are exactly that... nothing. And this is coming from somebody who rode the Cotch Train wayyyyyy too long.

Teams always have players at positions. The Panthers let go all their WRs. Avant and Cotchery are far from #1 receivers. It's more then a stretch to even call them #2 receivers. Situational depth receivers at best. I think it's pretty safe to say they have almost nothing at receiver. Those aging 30 and over guys are going to need younger play makers to open up opportunities for them.

Disagree entirely, I suppose.

Cotchery has been underrated his whole career, I believe Zack would back me up on this.

Avant is a possession guy, sure, but weren't you the one who was linking him being top-5 in yards or something in the shoutbox?

My point is, we get one big dude in the draft, and our WR corps is suddenly better than it was last year.

Edited by Thanatos19

Avant and Cotchery are exactly that... nothing. And this is coming from somebody who rode the Cotch Train wayyyyyy too long.

I'm sure people said the same thing about Ted Ginn, too.

I believe it was I who linked Avant being top 5 since like 2008 or some year in yards from the slot. :yep:

One things for sure, he's no Mohamed Massaquoi :nope:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson
  • Upvote 1

Disagree entirely, I suppose.

Cotchery has been underrated his whole career, I believe Zack would back me up on this.

Avant is a possession guy, sure, but weren't you the one who was linking him being top-5 in yards or something in the shoutbox?

My point is, we get one big dude in the draft, and our WR corps is suddenly better than it was last year.

That was over a period of time; a span of years. All I'm saying is that the free agents Carolina picked up are complimentary guys and need other guys around them in order for them to be effective because they aren't starter material. As it stands right now, if the season were to start, the Panthers would have nothing at receiver. Add some other guys around them and it allows the older receivers to play comfortably in their role positions and be effective.