SteVo

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

HABS AIN'T DONE YET

HABS AIN'T DONE YET

DRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

By now all I can think about is lolSharks.

• Upvote 1

We're coming back.

Don't doubt you can. Just note... this Kings team is not that loser Red Wing squad from last season they came back against.

I just don't see Chicago winning a 7 game series against the Kings. Thought they would have to get it done in 5 or 6. The Kings absolutely destroy your defenseman over a series like that.

I could use a break from the sport, lmao.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't you find I talk about it too much :shrug:

Been literally watching Hockey for almost 8 months, every Avalanche game, a huge amount of games via game center and now the playoffs. My love for the sport will never change bros

Honestly, I'd be alright if my two favorite teams never met again in a playoff series. :shifty: It was super awkward, really. Never really got to cheer much lol. I'm excited that the Rangers are going to the SCF, but on the other hand I'm a sad cunt that the Habs' great run is over.

Epic goaltender duel tonight, tho. Hank was amazing and Tokarski put on an absolutely sick performance. Really hope Tokarski is Price's heir apparent. Dude was just unreal for how inexperienced he was. Knew he was going to be special when I watched him make a spot start in Anaheim back in February.

Honestly, I'd be alright if my two favorite teams never met again in a playoff series. :shifty: It was super awkward, really. Never really got to cheer much lol. I'm excited that the Rangers are going to the SCF, but on the other hand I'm a sad cunt that the Habs' great run is over.

Epic goaltender duel tonight, tho. Hank was amazing and Tokarski put on an absolutely sick performance. Really hope Tokarski is Price's heir apparent. Dude was just unreal for how inexperienced he was. Knew he was going to be special when I watched him make a spot start in Anaheim back in February.

Yeah I feel your pain...I was like "lolMontreal let up a goal ahhahahahahhaha" but then "fuck the Rangers scored"

I could use a break from the sport, lmao.

Don't you find I talk about it too much :shrug:

Been literally watching Hockey for almost 8 months, every Avalanche game, a huge amount of games via game center and now the playoffs. My love for the sport will never change bros

I agree with these posts. The hockey season is way, way too long. I still love the game, but mid-June Cup finals are ridiculous. The season needs to be cut back a LOT.

:disgust: Kings

Chicago/LA is starting to turn into quite the rivalry.

Well it's 3:50 AM and I can't sleep because I was reading too many scary stories god dammit but what a great game last night. Early in the series we were fucking up bad, the Kings were steamrolling us and everybody I knew was flipping out saying series was lost. I had a gut feeling we'd kick it into high gear, and we thankfully did. And even more thankfully, we were able to continue that high level of play in LA.

It's black and white difference the play we're getting from our guys, from games 2-4 compared to 5-6. The dudes are flying all over the ice, contesting almost every shot, sacrificing their bodies to make blocks, and moving the puck better. Though our passes over the middle are still a bit careless at times. Crawford seems to be back on the horse after rough 3 games.

Just glad the road to the cup goes through Chicago and not LA. It's an even series now and I think we got a bit of momentum. Hopefully we can pull it out I'd love to play against Lundqvist for the championship.

Well whatever. I don't really like either of the teams remaining. Got kinda sick of these announcers though. I know it's a weird thing to complain about but I've never listened to a bunch of morons talk about the Kings' "resiliency" and their mental toughness and what have you more than this. What "resiliency"? If anything Chicago was more resilient. We fought back a 3-1 deficit to take it to 7 games. The Kings just showed lack of ability to close out the series twice. It's like they had no idea about the sport they were announcing for other than the basic rules, so they just talked about what the producers wanted over, and over, and over, instead of coming up with their own thoughts.

Go Rangers I guess. LA won it recently enough so I'd rather someone else did.

• Downvote 1

The Kings wouldn't even be in the Final had it not been them overcoming a 0-3 hole, lol.

FIRST TEAM EVER to win 3 road game 7s in a single postseason. I know your're upset so I'll give you a break.

Edited by Bay

GO KINGS!!!

• Upvote 1

I know everyone is treating the Kings like clear favorites, but 21 games is gonna tire them out. I think it'll be a close series.

Well it's 3:50 AM and I can't sleep because I was reading too many scary stories god dammit but what a great game last night.

wut.

Why are people counting out the Rangers so easily? Lundqvist is a lot more of a challenge than lolCrawford.

I'm taking the Kings in 6. Just think they have such a sound system and the road they've taken to the Finals is incredibly tough. Sharks, Ducks, Blackhawks is an insane road to survive. That'd be a huge disappointment for the Kings to lose now against a team who played the Flyers in round 1 (Flyers were missing their goalie for the 1st 3 games of the series right?), Penguins in round 2 (pretty impressive), and the Canadiens (had just won their Stanley Cup by beating the Bruins + didn't have Price for the ENTIRE series).

So basically I'm picking the Kings because I know the Blackhawks are wayyyy better than the Rangers and the Kings just beat the Blackhawks so they must be able to beat the Rangers. Quick's been pretty inconsistent since the 2012 run so hopefully he can hold his own this series.

• Upvote 1

The Kings wouldn't even be in the Final had it not been them overcoming a 0-3 hole, lol.

FIRST TEAM EVER to win 3 road game 7s in a single postseason. I know your're upset so I'll give you a break.

I understood what they were talking about. I just felt that the announcers wouldn't stop talking about how good the Kings were. They didn't seem a whole lot better than the Blackhawks to me, except during games 2-4. I think we actually out played them this series, in games 1 and 5-7.