ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Well the Nets-Heat series is proving that it wouldn't have mattered who the Heat played in round 2. Miami pretty much has an easy ride to the Final now.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are two of the dirtiest little cunts in the NBA, imo.

I've been calling Chris Paul the dirtiest player in the league for years.

I once saw a stat that someone compiled for most organ shots, and Paul was at the top by a very wide margin. The dude throws more elbows, does more grabbing, and pushes off more than any other player in the league. Just a dirty, dirty player. I hate him and hope the Thunder crush the Clippers and, at some point, crush the living shit out of CP3's face. I fucking hate him.

The Thunder have gotten multiple technical fouls thanks to CP3/Griffin's cheap bullshittery. So dumb.

What i love is how the Clippers' fans think their team surpassed the Lakers lol. Come back when you've won 17 titles.

What i love is how the Clippers' fans think their team surpassed the Lakers lol. Come back when you've won 17 titles.

I hate this argument.

Also the LA Lakers have only won 11 titles.

Well the Wizards decided not to show up tonight, hope they're ready for game 4 or this is gonna get ugly

Guest Phailadelphia

Blake Griffin's game is the worst. His theatrics are embarrassing.

I hate this argument.

They have to at least put together some semblance of a dynasty. They're not even close.

And fuck you, Ancient History Museum (Brooklyn). Don't sweep the Heat during the regular season then get your shit kicked in the post season.

Regular season is completely meaningless. Has absolutely no weight to it lol.

Guest Phailadelphia

Russ has thoroughly outplayed CP3 for 2 straight games.

Russ has thoroughly outplayed CP3 for 2 straight games.

He has, and I prefer him as a player, but remember CP3 is injured. I can't remember what it is, but dude's not close to 100%.

I hate this argument.

They have to at least put together some semblance of a dynasty. They're not even close.

the current Clippers are far better than the current Lakers, nobody can argue against that, and in sports that's all that really matters

Guest Phailadelphia

I was really hard on Scott Brooks in the Memphis series so I need to give him his due...he's totally outcoached Doc Rivers in this series (so far). The KD-Russ-Reggie-Ibaka-Butler lineup is one for which Rivers doesn't seem to have an answer. It's provided OKC with some incredible floor spacing, leaving KD & Russ to run a high P&R (which LAC can't defend regardless of who else is on the floor for the Thunder) and either get to the basket for easy lay-ups or kick out to open 3-point shooters. OKC's guards are too big and too fast for any LAC guards to defend, which is an adjustment Rivers is probably incapable of making. Reggie beats Collison off the dribble with ease while Westbrook posts up both CP3 and Collison. When LAC sends the double, Russ finds the open man (usually Ibaka, by design...OKC is putting Russ in the post with Ibaka at the elbow on the weak side...as soon as Griffin or Jordan helps, Ibaka is wide open for a shot he can make with his eyes closed).

I said this in the shoutbox last night and I think it showed last night: The Clippers can't win this series. And I say that believing they totally could, but they won't. Scoring for LAC is a chore. For instance, OKC's bigs are carrying LAC guards in the LAC P&R until the OKC guard can recover. The 2nd OKC big shadows the roll to prevent the lob or easy rolls to the basket. They're essentially defending LAC's P&R with 3 players, then use their speed/athleticism/length to recover on the perimeter shooters--a similar tactic they deploy against the Spurs with great results. Meanwhile, OKC uses relatively little effort scoring points. The team had a LOT of points in the paint last night with most coming seemingly uncontested, and LAC doesn't have a clue how to defend the KD-Russ P&R.

Scotty has done a masterful job so far this series. Fantastic coaching so far.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Yeah, I'll even admit that perhaps we harp on coaches too much, at times, especially me. At the same time, you have to find a way to not let a 7 seed be one suspension + a bad Mike Conley injury away from potentially beating you. I mean, we can talk about matchup issues all we want, but inferior teams shouldn't give serious trouble to elite teams.

For instance, you pull your vets against Memphis and give significant time to Reggie and Lamb, because Memphis is going to force you to play your best offensive players because of the Grizzlies' elite defense. Reggie and Lamb are better and more consistent offensive players than Fish Butler. There's no reason that Scott shouldn't have seen that that was the adjustment he needed to make.

That series is over in 5-6 if Scott Brooks looks at the result of game 2 and says, "I gotta play my young guys who can consistently put the ball in the basket." At the very least, he should have tried it out.

I say this fully believing Memphis is an elite team, by the way, but they don't have the talent to win series against the likes of OKC/MIA/SAS.

Kevin McHale, on the other hand, is an awful coach who should have been fucking fired. Screw you, Morey.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I hate this argument.

the current Clippers are far better than the current Lakers, nobody can argue against that, and in sports that's all that really matters

Right but to say LA is the Clippers "town"....that doesn't change hands until another team is on top for a REALLY long time.

LA has been the Clippers' since CP3 got there, man.

The Lakers are currently a joke. It won't be the Lakers' town until they prove otherwise.

Yeah, I'll even admit that perhaps we harp on coaches too much, at times, especially me. At the same time, you have to find a way to not let a 7 seed be one suspension + a bad Mike Conley injury away from potentially beating you. I mean, we can talk about matchup issues all we want, but inferior teams shouldn't give serious trouble to elite teams.

For instance, you pull your vets against Memphis and give significant time to Reggie and Lamb, because Memphis is going to force you to play your best offensive players because of the Grizzlies' elite defense. Reggie and Lamb are better and more consistent offensive players than Fish Butler. There's no reason that Scott shouldn't have seen that that was the adjustment he needed to make.

That series is over in 5-6 if Scott Brooks looks at the result of game 2 and says, "I gotta play my young guys who can consistently put the ball in the basket." At the very least, he should have tried it out.

I say this fully believing Memphis is an elite team, by the way, but they don't have the talent to win series against the likes of OKC/MIA/SAS.

Kevin McHale, on the other hand, is an awful coach who should have been fucking fired. Screw you, Morey.

You can call them a seven-seed, and its true, but the Grizz were not your normal seventh seed. They had 50 wins for gods sake.

That conference was just stacked this year.

You can call them a seven-seed, and its true, but the Grizz were not your normal seventh seed. They had 50 wins for gods sake.

That conference was just stacked this year.

Man, I love Memphis but OKC is the most talented and best team in the west and only the likes of SA and LAC should challenge them.

It's all about Matchup in a stacked Western Conference, but with the proper adjustments Scott Brooks could have kept that series from going 7 games., imo.

Memphis is the perfect opponent for the Thunder. They've always played the Thunder tough. The only two game 7's in KD's career have been against Memphis...

I hate this argument.

Right but to say LA is the Clippers "town"....that doesn't change hands until another team is on top for a REALLY long time.

I'm pretty sure what I said in that previous post is even more true in LA than in the overall national sports scene

Fuck. The. Blazers.

For wasting our damn time. Houston/San Antonio would have been a classic 6-7 gamer.

WHY play out of your minds for 6 games only to get shitkicked in the second round?

Fucking Portland. Go home.

Fuck. The. Blazers.

For wasting our damn time. Houston/San Antonio would have been a classic 6-7 gamer.

WHY play out of your minds for 6 games only to get shitkicked in the second round?

fuck the dogshit Rockets for not playing D
  • Upvote 1

Fuck. The. Blazers.

Love how you only blame the Blazers and think the Rockets would have been better. The Spurs have played great and are exposing the Blazers and would have done the same thing against the Rockets. The Rockets and Blazers are very similar teams. They would have run the Rockets' 3pt shooters off the line and force Harden into even more poor shots. While Splitter, Duncan, and Diaw would have made Howard work for everything like Aldridge is doing. Rockets' defense is just as bad as the Blazers' except for Beverly possibly slowing Parker down a bit.

Oh can it. Don't just ignore that Houston presents bigger matchup problems to San Antonio and swept them in the regular season.

It might not matter when a team like Brooklyn sweeps Miami but when at top 4 west team sweeps another, you're damn right it does.

I agree with Bware, Houston-San Antonio would've been a much better series (though it's hard for one to be worse). Too bad the rockets didn't show up for most of the round.