Dutch

Top 10 RB

Bowe, trust me. I am on the same page as you with the ridiculous statements on this board in regards to peoples opinions on Peyton, Luck and even Brandon Marshall. Definitely some extremist. Don't put me in that category because I agree with you lol. But my comment isn't to slight Charles at all. Just shows my admiration and opinion of A.P.

I'm glad that you acknowledged that A.P has been #1 for years now because that's true. Charles had a great 2010 and 2009 campaign in a running back by committee role sharing the load with Thomas Jones and taking full advantage of his opportunities proving he can start. Jamaal Charles has carried the load for the last 2 seasons and he's been simply amazing. However, what I'd like to know is how does Charles last two great seasons catapult him over A.P when A.P's production has been great to phenomenally epic? I think people can argue that Charles (or Mccoy) has closed the gap to A.P but has done nothing to push ahead of A.P.

As far as A.P's game just being able breaking tackles, the only thing A.P doesn't do that Charles does is be a consistent pass catcher. A.P makes guys miss and please let's not forget that A.P has speed as well. People tend to forget about his speed because he has so many other qualities such as breaking tackles, running people over etc. A.P is still the most "productive" home run threat in the league.

Charles and Mccoy are definitely more complete backs than A.P being more versatile being a threat in the passing game but that doesn't warrant them being better than A.P. The fact that A.P is one dimensional and still produces to the level that he does speaks in volumes. Just because Marshall Faulk was more versatile than Barry Sanders doesn't make him better than Sanders. It's the same thing here.

Jamaal Charles has closed the gap between him and A.P since becoming a full time starter having two great seasons. But two great seasons aren't enough to pull ahead of A.P when he's been great to epic and hasn't been shown any signs of slowing down. Charles is catching up but not there yet.

I Won't argue with any of that, and that's why I made a point to say that it's a real pick your poison/personal preference scenario. At this point I just feel like no matter which of those three guys you place at no. 1, you're pretty much justified. I watch Charles every week, and as a Chiefs fan I'm probably a little biased toward the guy that I watch shred defenses all the time despite everyone knowing where the ball is going. AP is obviously doing the same thing.

I pick Charles over him because with someone finally uTilizing all of his different skills last season, when teams keyed in on the run, they just started calling pass plays and dump routes for Charles. He got over 100 yards and a td in each of the first 7 games I believe, and in some of those games the run game was thwarted.

In the rare games where AP gets stopped in the backfield early and often, the Vikings are screwed. There is no plan B involving him. If you can't turn around and hand him the ball, he's pretty much a non factor. At that point he hurts the team, and I'm aware that there's no paying game to really take any pressure off of him. Charles has pretty much played in the very same scenario since he came into the league, and he adapts very well.

Also both of them have an inexplicable habit of dropping the ball at times, but I'll just never forget that NFCCG where AP fumbled at least the times and cost the Vikings a super bowl birth. All anyone remembers about that game is Favre ending his last run with a ill advised int, but if Peterson just hangs onto the ball they skate to victory. Long time ago yes, but it's just one example. Charles fumbles occasionally, but he doesn't make a habit of it and isn't known for it.

• Upvote 1

Bowe's kind of convinced me on Charles. It's a passing league and when Charles is that good of a receiver out of the backfield that is a huge asset that AP can't replicate and another thing D's have to prepare for. And that NFCCG in 2009 was brutal.

My list

1. Charles

2. Peterson

3. McCoy

4. Forte

5. Lynch

6. Ray Rice - not giving up on this guy, I just think Baltimore O-line was trash last year

7. Frank Gore

8. Alfred Morris

9. CJ Spiller - this guy scares the crap out of me whenever the Pats play Buffalo. Has breakaway potential whenever he has the ball

10. Eddie Lacy - just a stud

• Upvote 1

I would like to take this time to alert everyone of the current voting for the cover of this years Madden. Jamaal Charles is in the quarter finals, and I would really appreciate everyone vote against him as to avoid cursing the leagues best RB.

Thank you and you may now resume your discussion.

• Upvote 1

That NFCCG was 5 seasons ago...lol. Defenses have to prepare for A.P running the ball and solely focus on him and still can't stop him :shrug: I just can't be made to see how any RB after a great season or two can be better than A.P when A.P has been been great and reached epic levels that no RB in the league has reached. They just haven't done enough.They are closing the gap and nothing more. Being pass catchers doesn't warrant them to be better. That doesn't change A.P's impact in the slightest.

If two HBs have almost equal total yards, what could your argument be for there not being an argument that one is potential better then the other?

Perhaps that one of them is the only productive offensive player on his entire team. So, there's that...

That NFCCG was 5 seasons ago...lol. Defenses have to prepare for A.P running the ball and solely focus on him and still can't stop him :shrug: I just can't be made to see how any RB after a great season or two can be better than A.P when A.P has been been great and reached epic levels that no RB in the league has reached. They just haven't done enough.They are closing the gap and nothing more. Being pass catchers doesn't warrant them to be better. That doesn't change A.P's impact in the slightest.

Ya, because defenses spend A LOT of time focusing on the likes of Tyler Thigpen, Damon Huard, Matt Cassell, Alex Smith, and the gang of misfits KC has had during Jamaal's tenure.

I think you could easily argue that Peterson's cast has been superior.

I've said for years now that the Vikings have the playmakers, just not the QB or coaches to adequately get them involved.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps that one of them is the only productive offensive player on his entire team. So, there's that...

Just how well do you think KC's offense has been outside of for the most part Charles throughout the years?

• Upvote 1

Ya, because defenses spend A LOT of time focusing on the likes of Tyler Thigpen, Damon Huard, Matt Cassell, Alex Smith, and the gang of misfits KC has had during Jamaal's tenure.

I think you could easily argue that Peterson's cast has been superior.

I've said for years now that the Vikings have the playmakers, just not the QB or coaches to adequately get them involved.

No... I don't think you can easily argue that Peterson's cast has been superior lol... Both of their offenses have been equally horrible.

In general:

I'm sorry. Two great seasons can't topple A.P when he's been (and still) playing at an elite level for so long. Like I've been saying, Charles and Mccoy have merely just closed the gap and just entering into the conversation. They haven't done enough and A.P has not slowed down. Charles and Mccoy have to either continue playing this great while A.P slows down or Mccoy and Charles have a tremendously epic season (like A.P had) outplaying him in order to get that title / recognition. A.P is one season removed from a 2000 yard rushing season following that up with almost a 1300 season (while missing two games) and Mccoy and Charles have one better season and now they are better than A.P? Please stop.

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 1

AP will fall from the throne eventually. :shrug:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I guess I forgot about all of the HOFers that Charles has had taking the focus off of him. lol

I don't think anyone is arguing that A.P. doesn't impact the game. That would be ridiculous. What I am saying is that Charles impacts the game in more ways than does A.P., and he runs the ball nearly as well. For that I give him the nod. I want a guy who gets more than 5 ypc and can also kill teams catching out of the backfield. They both run hard. They both finish runs. They're both home run threats. One is a little more sure-handed than the other and is a threat catching the ball too. I want that guy.

No... I don't think you can easily argue that Peterson's cast has been superior lol... Both of their offenses have been equally horrible.

In general:

I'm sorry. Two great seasons can't topple A.P when he's still playing at an elite level for so long. Like I've been saying, Charles and Mccoy have merely just closed the gap and just entering into the conversation. They haven't done enough and A.P has not slowed down. Charles and Mccoy have to either continue playing this great while A.P slows down or Mccoy and Charles have a tremendously epic season (like A.P had) outplaying him in order to get that title / recognition. A.P is one season removed from a 2000 yard rushing season following that up with almost a 1300 season (while missing two games) and Mccoy and Charles have one better season and now they are better than A.P? Please stop.

Sure you can. Peterson played with Favre in arguably his best season, he's always had a killer D backing him up, and there's no doubt that his o-line has been superior to Charles'. He had a really good spell back as well.

As for his Wolverine-like healing act, that's just an insane season. It's one of the best seasons in history. That's awesome, but this is a current list of the current RB hierarchy. I'm not using the last however many years of stats as the end all be all factor in my decision on who I would rather have right now, today. Taking everything into account, I'm going with Charles. The guy is automatic for 1,800 yards a year, he can hurt teams in multiple ways, and last season he was the best "closer" in the NFL. There's a reason that the Chiefs didn't lose many 4th quarter leads with Charles suited up.

• Upvote 2

Because Alex Smith is a sick game managing QB. :yes:

I think Charles is the better overall player and more talented, obviously has more YPC and yards. Lynch however, is the hardest man to bring down in all of football, and given how he usually needs three or more defenders to slow him to a gradual stop, and also has missed only one game with us in 4 seasons with us while getting 300 touches per year makes him really hard to looks past. In a division like ours where there are no running lanes, Lynch is the guy to have.

First, AP is just as hard to bring down as Lynch, if not more difficult, on a consistent basis. And a guy with Charles' ability creates his own running lanes. Have you seen Kansas City's OL? Yea, Charles doesn't play against top flight defenses all the time, but it's not like the running lanes are paved with gold for him, either. Charles is on a whole different level than Lynch.

Edited by Sarge

First, AP is just as hard to bring down as Lynch, if not more difficult, on a consistent basis. And a guy with Charles' ability creates his own running lanes. Have you seen Kansas City's OL? Yea, Charles doesn't play against top flight defenses all the time, but it's not like the running lanes are paved with gold for him, either. Charles is on a whole different level than Lynch.

Sarge, read the first line of his post. This was why I never even bothered addressing that post. "I think Charles is the better overall player and more talented, obviously has more YPC and yards." He ended that discussion before it even got started. I like ya BC. I really do, but sometimes you should read what you've typed before you click on post. It would save time and lulz.

Edited by Charles-in-Charge
  • Upvote 1

Eddie Lacy 8th and no Frank Gore at all?

9jhz00.jpg

I did mine based on last season, Eddie Lacy had a beast of a year for a rookie RB and one that nobody rated preseason last year because of his apparent lack of work rate, a theory that he pretty much blew out the water. I did think about Frank Gore because of what he has done previously during his career, however by looking at he hasn't really progressed into a top tier RB imo. Baring one 1600 yard season he has stayed at a consistent level allowing others to pass him.

Look at the like of AP, Shady and Charles. They have all progressed year on year and all have had worse offence's around them. To me Gore has stayed pretty much stagnant around the 1100 yard a season mark with under 10 rushing TD's.

Don't get me wrong Gore is still a hell of a player but for me he is like the gatekeeper now to rate a top tier RB in the league.

http://newsok.com/barry-sanders-says-adrian-peterson-still-the-nfls-best-running-back/article/4851383

Barry Sanders says Adrian Peterson still the NFL's best running back

On ESPN’s SportsCenter Tuesday morning, NFL Hall of Famer and former Oklahoma State running back Barry Sanders was asked his opinion on who was currently the best running back in the NFL.

Last week, Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy went on the radio to say that he was the best running back in the NFL, not former OU rusher Adrian Peterson.

Sanders said the title still belonged to AD.

“I think the last couple of years he’s (McCoy) certainly made a strong statement. I would probably still give Adrian Peterson the slight edge on that,” Sanders said.

Sanders also talked about the devaluation of the running back in the NFL:

“I think that’s certainly the going trend for a lot of teams,” Sanders said of the decline of his old position. “As a young running back, that’s something you certainly have to be aware of and you have to try to make yourself more valuable.

“I think that if you look at the NFL game, you’ll still see running back that are still very much a part of the game, very much a part of the offense. I still think there are a lot of running backs that are very much a part of what’s going on. Things tend to go in cycles and I think we’ll see a re-emergence of running backs.”

You can check out the entire interview here. Sanders also gave his thoughts on retired NFL players and their lawsuit against the NFL for alleged illegal drug use and distribution to players.

The G.O.A.T has spoken.

Edited by Dutch

But... That isn't an interview with Jim Brown.

But... that isn't an interview with Justin Timberlake...

GoatGenemaster2.jpg

That is a baaaaaaad interview.

:lol: :lmao: :rofl:

pretty good top 10 based off everyone's lists. Alfred Morris is a system back. What makes Foster not is his well rounded skill set. I'd bump the bottom 3 and put Matthews at 10.

so my list is

Peterson

McCoy

Charles

Lynch

Forte

Gore

Murray

Lacy

Foster

Matthews

GoatGenemaster2.jpg

That is a baaaaaaad interview.

Dude, I had to bump this post. I laugh at it every time I open this thread. Wish I had four hands so I could give that :corn: four thumbs up...

Alright. I'm calling an intervention. Either Razor or Bowe has to change avatars. This shit doesn't work, I can't tell who's who without scrolling down to your damn signature.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

photo-560.gif?_r=1400534680

Breathe it in. Embrace it Thanatos. Change your avatar today.

• Upvote 2