JetsFan4Life

2014 World Cup

Ah, wasn't aware of that.

Probably because it was a bullshit call and he wasnt offsides at all.

• Upvote 1

^One of many horrific ref decisions that fucked over the US.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea's gonna loan him out again, I don't think Mourinho likes him.

I'd be mad if they did again. He's inconsistent, and the game against Russia showed he's got ways to go. But at some point you gotta let the guy loose imo.

USA defense cost us another game. Poor Howard. What a god.

I think the assistant was waving for a goal kick, not offsides???? I think that's what Twellman said.

Can't say we didn't play hard but I think we played more open early in extra time and got burned by Lukaku who was fresh off of the bench. Kompany should've been sent off in extra time, that is the only complaint I have about the officiating.

Tim Howard probably had the best goalkeeping performance I have ever seen.

Tough blow today but not as gutting as 2010. We should've beaten Ghana that year. Belgium thoroughly outplayed us in this one and deserved to win. Howard obviously played out of his mind. Tough to swallow that loss but after getting out of such a tough group and Belgium being in such an easy one and able to rest it's not too shocking. I'm happy with what USA did.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Wondolowski's miss was kinda choke-y.

that was Wondo in a nutshell, he's not a great player but he's always in the right spot, there's something to be said for that but you have to finish

oh, and Julian Green made Klinsmann look brilliant

Edited by oochymp

USA defense cost us another game. Poor Howard. What a god.

I know all too well what it's like seeing a defense give up shot after shot after shot. So does Turry. Goalies can only do so much.

^One of many horrific ref decisions that fucked over the US.

What? He missed. It didnt fuck over the US at all.

I hope we never have to see Michael Bradley's ugly fucking mug in 2018.

Absolute brutal play the entire tournament.

• Upvote 2

Will be interesting to see team USA moving forward. I saw Yedlin play a couple times while at Akron when I was watching my high school teammate play for Western, and he looked like a blur back then.

Bradley was playing out of position, and its a shame he had to play it so much because there was no one else capable. They need a creative midfielder. Finding talent isn't the issue imo, its just developing them in technical stuff like passing, positioning, spacing, ball control. The academy that Yedlin went to is a start, but I wouldn't trust the MLS coaches, etc to get it done. If I was one of these younger guys I'd take at least a couple years oversea.

where our group stage performance showed how far we've come, I think yesterday's game showed us how far we still have to go, Belgium is a very good team and a team on the rise, so there's no shame in losing to them, but in all honesty we were completely dominated yesterday, without possibly the best goalie performance this World Cup will see (okay, maybe I'm letting a little bias creep in, but Howard was beyond spectacular yesterday) we would have lost that game about 5-0, we need more playmakers if we're going to be truly competitive on the world stage (CONCACAF doesn't count as the world stage)

Brfpmp6IUAASzDP.jpg

If we're gonna be honest the US didn't play very well in this WC save for a few guys. The only game we did play well in as a team was against Portugal, and even then at the end they let up to allow the equalizer. But then again Altidore holding deep with his back to the goal was a big part of their attacking plans. Blows hammy in first 20 minutes or so of the WC and they immediately were on to plan B to try and score. The US still doesn't have any true fullbacks other than maybe Cameron (who didn't play fullback once this WC.) Beasley, Yedlin and Fabian Johnson are all better suited in attacking. We didn't really play well in our win against Ghana, nor against Germany obviously and up til desperation time when Belgium parked the bus we didn't play well against them either. Still, the guys gave all they could, we're just not up to par talent wise yet. Guys are playing out of their natural roles, we need more capable bodies to take on the needed roles.

I haven't posted about the WC on this board much because it didn't seem like many were taking it serious any time I checked. Mostly baseball talk etc. But I've been pushing for Yedlin starting on the wing all tournament. I get he's young so that's why they didn't do it but it was pretty obvious how much more effective he was than all other guys going forward out wide. Creating chance after chance. Didn't matter though because none of the players in the box could capitalize off his chances.

Still, the future is bright. Yedlin, Fabian, Boyd, Green, Brooks, etc. Lots of young talent to grow for the upcoming Gold Cups, and other tournaments leading into next WC in 2018.

What? He missed. It didnt fuck over the US at all.

Alright, actually looking at it again, I don't think the ref is calling offsides. He is signaling for a goal kick.

Soooo yeah. Wondo would have won the game if he puts that in.

• Upvote 2

Yup, just like I told Ricky on twitter. Announcer got it wrong, ref was calling for goal kick not offsides. Wondo blew it.

Their striker sub: Lukaku, our striker sub: Wondo

:(

Why did Jozy have to blow his hammy in the first 20 minutes of the tournament

dwadecrying.png

german-flag-640.jpg

• Upvote 1

GERMANY!!! On to the semifinals! Much better game today than against Algeria but I still feel like this team can play at a higher level. It almost looked as if they were just kind of coasting after taking the 1-0 lead today.

France was fun to watch this tourney, sad to see them go. Germany wasn't all that impressive, but there doesn't seem to be a dominant team this World Cup. I think they can still win it not playing their best.