Tridentdawgpound

"Things You Hate" Thread

When people claim you said things you never said.

It's the same thing. "Steeler fan" is easier than "Steelers fan that hates the Patriots."

Point is, you are resorting to "nullifying" an argument/opinion because of someone's fandom/anti-fandom.

when people use "of all time" improperly.

There is no greatest [insert sport here] player "of all time." These sports haven't been around for all time. Stop. Stop now.

Fucking ESPN...

Expectations. Just once I'd like to go into something blind and take it for what it is, and not what I think it should be.

It's the same thing. "Steeler fan" is easier than "Steelers fan that hates the Patriots."

Point is, you are resorting to "nullifying" an argument/opinion because of someone's fandom/anti-fandom.

Nope. Continue to put words in my mouth though.

When someone can't control their dog and they just let there dog come into your front garden to roam. An then does nothing to get the dog out..

when people use "of all time" improperly.

There is no greatest [insert sport here] player "of all time." These sports haven't been around for all time. Stop. Stop now.

Fucking ESPN...

Bware, you're Mr. Hyperbole, so why are you bitching about that? :yao:

• Upvote 1

People who refuse to admit when they were wrong.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Fart on the use of the phrase in sports, but for an example of a similar phrase being misused, my brother teaches an online film course for Florida State and has talked about getting papers that start out with "Since the beginning of time, the film industry has ..." :facepalm:

Motherfucking Snapchat. It's cumbersome and annoying and now the my 9 year old niece has it she only uses it rather than texting.

Why does a 9 year old have something that can use snapchat in the first place?

FTR, I hate it, too.

Ahh, that's something I hate. Being that I am a server, I see so many different kinds of kids and parents... Too often do I see kids who can't even talk yet playing on tablets and things. They can't even talk! They are in a high chair! Yet they are zooming away or watching some video on their tablet. I am not a parent, probably won't be for a while, so I don't want to judge but... I see that and I don't know if I should feel more mad or more sad.

Instagram. Fuck these pictures suck. If it's not a photo of a dog or a hot chick, I don't wanna see it so don't post it kthx.

Gameboys had good games. :yao:

• Upvote 1

People that insist on being obnoxious at the bar. Singing loudly at an otherwise pleasantly quiet bar, knocking your knuckles on the bar to the tune of the music so everyone sitting at the bar has to feel the vibration, having the volume up on your phone so everyone has to listen to whatever retarded video/game you're fucking with...get castrated.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

People who don't pull into turn lanes that are clearly marked. Get out of my fucking lane, asshole.

This new fad of people saying "I love [insert name here] with all of my heart."

What the fuck does "all of my heart" even fucking mean? It's a melodramatic, obnoxious, irritating bullshit sentiment that drives me absolutely crazy. I cringe every time I hear it at a wedding. Shut the fuck up. You love the person, and adding something on that doesn't make sense doesn't get the point across any more.

Jesus Christ, we white people say some of the most stupid, nonsensical shit. Kill it. Kill it with fire!

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 2

Oh man, you must hate poetry. White people love using a lot of words to mean a few, when often all a woman wants to hear is, "I love you".

Nah man, I love poetry. I hate overly sentimental nonsense that makes no sense, though.

This new fad of people saying "I love [insert name here] with all of my heart."

What the fuck does "all of my heart" even fucking mean? It's a melodramatic, obnoxious, irritating bullshit sentiment that drives me absolutely crazy. I cringe every time I hear it at a wedding. Shut the fuck up. You love the person, and adding something on that doesn't make sense doesn't get the point across anymore.

Jesus Christ, we white people say some of the most stupid, nonsensical shit. Kill it. Kill it with fire!

I think that's a pretty terrible example. You're at a wedding... The whole thing is played up, over dramatized, and somewhat theatrical. Why would you expect anything less? It's the sentiment of the room, of the people there, of the people getting married.

Even in a non-wedding setting, I don't really see the problem with it. There are a lot of different ways to share your feelings or opinions.

If you are hearing this be said in a large public setting (like a wedding), chances are it's pretty appropriate. If it isn't in a setting like a wedding, chances are you aren't meant to hear it anyway, so mind your own business.

I hate this whole Bruce Jenner thing. Both sides make it out to be a huge deal, but it's not. I hate how much attention it's getting. I wish people on my Facebook would shut the hell up about it.

• Upvote 1

Motherfucking Snapchat. It's cumbersome and annoying and now the my 9 year old niece has it she only uses it rather than texting.

*insert sad "ok" face here*