BLUE

Cowboys trade for Rolando McClain

Guest Phailadelphia

Looks like he's playing well, but how long do you guys think it takes before he gets arrested again? Over/under 6 months.

The season is over in 6 months, so who cares? As long as he keeps his head on straight during the season and continues to play well, the Cowboys will, for once, look kind of brilliant.

stfu, hater

It's the Cowboys. I'll admit it if/when I'm wrong, but until then I will hate on everything this team does. That's just the way it is lol.

I love Rolando McClain more and more every week. He's just a difference maker out there and his presence on the field just makes us a better team.

Also, the man loves football

Rolando McClain: "It's football. You play through pain. You play through fatigue. You play through everything. You do it for your team."

Rolando McClain: "There aint no key, man. Its just 53 guys together with the same belief that no matter where we go, we can win."

Edited by Mathias

Guest Phailadelphia

Early candidate for Comeback Player of the Year?

Does he qualify?

Also, when players like Jeremy Maclin come back from consecutive devastating injuries, I'm more inclined to give it to them than a guy who dug his own hole and had to find a way out of it. I'm excited to see an individual who, by all accounts, has changed his life, but he put himself there.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Does he qualify?

he was out of football last year, why wouldn't he?

McClain will be back in jail soon and the Cowboys will suck again :yep:

McClain will be back in jail soon and the Cowboys will suck again :yep:

Haters gonna hate.

Lovers gonna love...and I love Ro-Mac. I just hope he keeps it together. The talk around Dallas is he's found a new 'lease on life' kind of deal. He's loving life and loving being a Cowboy. Me too.

He is gonna (or should) sign for some BIG BIG dollars this offseason.

I hope Dallas shells out those big dollars, fucks themselves against the cap and he gets arrested again. :yep:

I don't think there is anyway he signs a mega deal without certain clauses to cover those kind of circumstances.

He's certainly playing like the 1st round draft pick he was capable of. Even last Sunday when he was hurt, he sure didn't look hurt at all. Poor Oakland. Yet he still has all these red flags. He's only on the football field now because he had nowhere else in life to go. He's walked away from it twice. Once he has his money, he's sure to backslide. He's just not all there as a person. I believe that he absolutely can change but not that it happened that easily overnight.

• Downvote 3

You know he retired to get his life together right? And only came back once he did?

Happy for Rolando. Was a great backer for us at Bama..and even though his head might not be on straight and distracts him from football at times...

He's a hell of a player and he's been a great fit in Dallas. I hate all things Dallas minus Dez Bryant, but Rolando is doing what he should've been doing in the first place.

Focusing on football :megusta:

Roll Tide.

• Downvote 1

CPOY is Rolando, no real question in my mind. Steve Smith springs to mind, but McClain had actually retired and has now come back to the game, and that beats Smith's resurgence pretty easily.

CPOY is Rolando, no real question in my mind. Steve Smith springs to mind, but McClain had actually retired and has now come back to the game, and that beats Smith's resurgence pretty easily.

I really think you're overlooking Jeremy Maclin. Jeremy Maclin has recovered from consecutive serious injuries. Rolando McClain chose to step away from the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I really think you're overlooking Jeremy Maclin. Jeremy Maclin has recovered from consecutive serious injuries. Rolando McClain chose to step away from the game.

I love you so much right now bro. No homo lol

I think you're overlooking Julio jones.....

He's certainly playing like the 1st round draft pick he was capable of. Even last Sunday when he was hurt, he sure didn't look hurt at all. Poor Oakland. Yet he still has all these red flags. He's only on the football field now because he had nowhere else in life to go. He's walked away from it twice. Once he has his money, he's sure to backslide. He's just not all there as a person. I believe that he absolutely can change but not that it happened that easily overnight.

I always love it when fans act like they know players personally, I apologize to BC for singling him out on this because there's a lot of it going on in this thread on both sides, truth is none of us really knows whether he's actually straightened himself out, but all is looking good so far

I think you're overlooking Julio jones.....

Julio Jones had one season ending injury, and most of us were fairly sure he'd be OK the next year. Jeremy Maclin had a crippling second injury that made us all wonder if he'd ever be the same player. Not only is he the same player, I'd argue that he's better.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

CC: Seanbrock

Headline: Team Leader

@jonmachota: Stephen Jones asked about Rolando McClain halftime speech, said his leadership has been a pleasant surprise. Seems comfortable as a Cowboy

@jonmachota: Rolando McClain: "Best thing about this win is that when we came back in the locker room, guys weren't satisfied. We expect to play better."

• Upvote 1

I would love to sign McClain this offseason. Being that he has been given a 2nd life with Dallas, I assume he would rather stay there... But I can dream.

I wonder how much money he's willing to leave on the table. We all know Dallas' cap situation isn't the best.

Edited by seanbrock

What scares me most for Dallas' success after this season is the idea that they keep Lee, taking a chance that he'll be good to go for a long time, and let McClain walk.

Rolando McClain, in terms of everything involved with the MLB position, has been better than Sean Lee. Dallas needs to keep him. Let Lee play OLB, or let him go.

Imagine that LB corps. Bruce Lee. McClain.

Edited by BwareDWare94

What scares me most for Dallas' success after this season is the idea that they keep Lee, taking a chance that he'll be good to go for a long time, and let McClain walk.

Rolando McClain, in terms of everything involved with the MLB position, has been better than Sean Lee. Dallas needs to keep him. Let Lee play OLB, or let him go.

Imagine that LB corps. Bruce Lee. McClain.

I don't think Rolando is going anywhere, even if they think Lee can come back and not get hurt again. Lee is made of glass, everyone knows that.