blotsfan

2014-15 NBA Season

Who's up next?

Every loss handed to San Antonio right now is unequivocally valuable. The more pile up, the harder it will be for them to climb into the top 4. They get a lower seed and they're fucked.

SA was missing 3 crucial players and still took the game to 3 OT. Once they are full force, they will be winning once again. And nothing shows that they can't go on the road and win.

:(

Rondo's never really been Boston fans favorite player, mostly because the media hates him and does their best to disparage him at every point. But I loved him. He's such a big game player, in the playoffs he takes his game to another level, and he always played awesome on those nationally televised ABC Sunday afternoon games.

He'll probably never be better than he was during that run in the 2010 playoffs where he was our best player, and about 8 minutes away from winning Finals MVP if the refs didn't rig game 7 (just joking :shifty:)

It was fun as hell watching him grow. The night he was drafted. Him quietly having a great rookie season and showing a ton of potential on a rebuilding team, it was clear from the beginning he was gonna be a cornerstone player. Then we get KG and Ray Allen and there was a 5 month long debate about whether they were good enough to win a championship with such an inexperienced PG. His emergence in the 2009 playoffs when KG got hurt. His emergence as a top 3 PG in the 2010 playoffs. Almost knocked off the Heat in 2012. It was a great run, and I hope he gets another ring in Dallas.

As for the Celtics.. we all knew it was gonna be a long rebuild but, I can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. We still have an outside chance at the playoffs because of how weak the East is.

Rebuilding is such a bitch in the NBA when you're not a free agent destination like LA, Miami, or one of those other Southern/southwest teams. We're NOT tanking like the 76ers though, fuck that.

I think the plan by Ainge is just to accumulate as many trade assets as possible (draft picks and good young players), and wait until the next star player becomes available. It happens once every few years (KG in 07, CP3 in 11, Harden in 12, Love in 14). Get the star player, and then go from there. In the mean time, try to draft well and develop the young players (Olynyk, Sullinger, Smart, Young, Pressey). Ainge is a good GM and he has as much time as he wants from ownership to do this rebuild.

Guest Phailadelphia

The first half of OKC @ GSW was great, and then KD rolled his ankle and the 2nd half if stupid. So sick of injuries, man.

SA was missing 3 crucial players and still took the game to 3 OT. Once they are full force, they will be winning once again. And nothing shows that they can't go on the road and win.

Memphis wasn't 100% either. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. The game was in SAN ANTONIO.

Parker, Kawhi, Mills please come back soon. I miss our dominance over the NBA :(

Money Green is playing unreal. Him and Kawhi on perimeter defense, mercy.

Hopefully Tiago's calf holds up - so vital to our system.

I love Marc Gasol/ Curry tho... Wow.

Memphis wasn't 100% either. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. The game was in SAN ANTONIO.

I agree because they were on a b2b but we we missing Kawhi Parker and mills lol - not so much an excuse but rather a statement.

Just continue hating San Antonio, Bware. It is beyond stupidity to deny that missing Leonard, Parker, and Mills affects this team greatly. Manu and Joseph were the only ones that could run the offense...Memphis was missing Allen but thats about it. Teams lose games at home all the time during an 82 game regular season. It all comes down to the playoffs and the Spurs showed they could go on the road and win big games on their way to a ring last season.

The first half of OKC @ GSW was great, and then KD rolled his ankle and the 2nd half if stupid. So sick of injuries, man.

It sounds like its nothing major and he might play tonight. I just hope this doesn't become a common thing with him.

Not convinced Dallas has enough depth to make a run for the championship but that starting five looks sick now.

Really don't see the appeal with the Rondo trade. Or really with Rondo at all. Hope I'm wrong because the Mavs are one of the few west teams I cheer for, but I've never been impressed with Rondo, and I don't see what all the hypes about.

Also, the Pistons suck.

Raptors really need to stop starting off games slow. It's fine and dandy that they can recover now, but come playoff time it'll kill them.

Guest Phailadelphia

Really don't see the appeal with the Rondo trade. Or really with Rondo at all. Hope I'm wrong because the Mavs are one of the few west teams I cheer for, but I've never been impressed with Rondo, and I don't see what all the hypes about.

Also, the Pistons suck.

With you 100%. Lots of hype around a guy who hasn't improved in what, 5 years? And is coming off an ACL tear. And he's not nearly as good on defense as his reputation says he is. Dallas will definitely be better with him but I don't see how this makes them better than GSW, OKC, or SAS.

What's everybody think about Draymond Green? I think he's my favorite 3rd wheel in the league.

Dude's been unserrated since day 1.

Rondo is quite possibly the best disher in the NBA...not sure there isn't to get. The only thing that could hold Dallas back is how ball dominant Ellis can be.

Guest Phailadelphia

Roberson took Kobe to SCHOOL in the 4th quarter.

Soon you guys will come to love him as I do.

2nd year in the league and he's already a top 5 wing defender.

2nd year in the league and he's already a top 5 wing defender.

So the Thunder were wasting more time with Thabo last year? You're kidding...

Guest Phailadelphia

If you're on Twitter you should be following @NBAInjuryR3port.

So the Thunder were wasting more time with Thabo last year? You're kidding...

Roberson wasn't ready to start last year.

If you're on Twitter you should be following @NBAInjuryR3port.

Roberson wasn't ready to start last year.

Neither was Thabo Sefalosha, who has never been ready to start. Should have started Lamb.

Thabo didn't get starter's minutes much of the time and Lamb is too inconsistent. Starting =/= Guaranteed 36 minutes

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Guest Phailadelphia

Lamb absolutely should not start. I'm not even sure he'll even be on the team next year, much less ever deserving of a starting spot.

Raptors with a solid W tonight. Never trailed at any point in the game.

Now on the road for 6 games. Hoping for 4 wins on the trip, but it won't be easy.