blotsfan

2014-15 NBA Season

Fun fact. Matthew Dellavedova and I were born on the same day over 24 years ago.

I didn't know that "arbitrary untalented white guy" was a huge role.

lmao dipshit :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Kill me.

I know this is weird on a football board but I'm just as invested in the Bulls as I am the Packers. I feel more sick to my stomach about this loss than I did about the NFCCG this year.

Two teams, two dipshit coaches who waste a year with some of the best talent in their respective leagues.

Thibs I love you. You and D Rose turned Chicago basketball from a joke into perennial competitors and contenders. You had the most revered defense in the league until this year. You and Jo kept this team not just afloat but battling when Derrick couldn't play. But this year there's no excuse. A healthy Derrick. An all star Jimmy. Pau Gasol. Tony Snell, who's basically a mini-Jimmy. The potentially best European player to come into the NBA in the last decade.

And this happens.

Thibs, I love you. But just like a dog who's gotten too old, it's time to take you out back and put a bullet in ya damn head because your time in Chicago is done. We've got way too much talent on this roster to humiliate ourselves every single playoff series.

No Kyrie Irving. Tristan Thompson bad shoulder. No Kevin Love. And you put up this dog shit? I'd be okay if we lost a competitive series but they just embarrassed us 2 games in a row, after a game they luckily won when it should have been 3-1 Bulls.

Lmao.

I'll be a Bulls fan til I die but this one is going to be hard to live with.

Edited by badgers
  • Upvote 1

Kill me.

I know this is weird on a football board but I'm just as invested in the Bulls as I am the Packers. I feel more sick to my stomach about this loss than I did about the NFCCG this year.

Two teams, two dipshit coaches who waste a year with some of the best talent in their respective leagues.

Thibs I love you. You and D Rose turned Chicago basketball from a joke into perennial competitors and contenders. You had the most revered defense in the league until this year. You and Jo kept this team not just afloat but battling when Derrick couldn't play. But this year there's no excuse. A healthy Derrick. An all star Jimmy. Pau Gasol. Tony Snell, who's basically a mini-Jimmy. The potentially best European player to come into the NBA in the last decade.

And this happens.

Thibs, I love you. But just like a dog who's gotten too old, it's time to take you out back and put a bullet in ya damn head because your time in Chicago is done. We've got way too much talent on this roster to humiliate ourselves every single playoff series.

No Kyrie Irving. Tristan Thompson bad shoulder. No Kevin Love. And you put up this dog shit? I'd be okay if we lost a competitive series but they just embarrassed us 2 games in a row, after a game they luckily won when it should have been 3-1 Bulls.

Lmao.

I'll be a Bulls fan til I die but this one is going to be hard to live with.

What?

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for feeling like that towards the Bulls... but, the Packers were ont he way to the Super Bowl. The way we lost that in no way compares to losing to a Lebron led Cavs team in 6. Maybe I just don't understand because I am not a Bulls fan, but the way the Packers lost their chance at a title was just SO brutal.

And I realize the Cavs were short handed, but they have one of the greatest players of all time.. a player who has carried his team (regardless of which team it is) more than almost anyone else in basketball over the last decade+... lol.

Missed chances are missed chances though I suppose. Hurts regardless.

What?

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for feeling like that towards the Bulls... but, the Packers were ont he way to the Super Bowl. The way we lost that in no way compares to losing to a Lebron led Cavs team in 6. Maybe I just don't understand because I am not a Bulls fan, but the way the Packers lost their chance at a title was just SO brutal.

And I realize the Cavs were short handed, but they have one of the greatest players of all time.. a player who has carried his team (regardless of which team it is) more than almost anyone else in basketball over the last decade+... lol.

Packers have choked for the last 2-3 years now. Plus, we went into that game and I was anticipating to lose to Seattle. It was a crushing blow for sure but I wasn't totally shocked by our loss. Just the way it happened.

Bulls have lost, yes, but they haven't been expected to win. Until this year. We probably wouldn't have beaten the western team that came out but we damn sure could have and should have beaten any of the eastern teams. We had Derrick Rose back, Jimmy was an all star .. fuck I've said all this before and am repeating myself lol.

We were set up for a championship run. And we fucked it up. Unlike the Packers, this loss puts me in doubt for the team. I completely lost hope in the coaching staff and now I'm uncertain of our future. We could have a new coach probably will. Jimmy's a RFA. Pau and Jo and Taj are old. What if our new coach wants something entirely different than the players we have? That could take years rebuilding.

Then you throw in the Derrick Rose factor. A lot of people question me on this (they're not Bulls fans) and it's hard to explain. Dude grew up in the nastiest part of Chicago. Watched the three peats growing up. We won the lottery with a 1.7% chance to win (rigged, hey thanks league). Got our hometown boy. Rookie of the year. MVP. ACL. MCL. Dude endures constant criticism and speculation from fans (even some Bulls fans), media, analysts, etc about things he can't control. I can't even begin to picture what it would be like, Derrick Rose holding the larry o-brien trophy in front of thousands of fans in Chicago at a victory parade. Would be chaotic. People would lose their minds.

As a fan of sports I've always been pretty ... idk what word to say but like undeniably supportive of my team, but never overly attached. Greg Jennings was my favorite Packer, was pretty disappointed when we didn't sign him back but it was ok. As of right now I'd say Eddie Lacy is my favorite but I don't really know if I have one actually. Derrick Rose though, as odd as this sounds, I'd follow to hell and back. He's the only athlete I've ever felt attached to (Jimmy Butler's getting close). Derrick Rose is a big reason why Chicago fans can be so volatile/insane when it comes to basketball these days. After Jordan, we were nothing. Then some kid from the streets gets to play for his home town team and brings us back to life. I feel like I'm no longer explaining myself well here and probably haven't even answered your question. Too much rambling. Just an effect of the shock of losing I guess. Hopefully I did answer you though.

Rockets without Harden = Offensive Powerhouse.

What?

Lebron wasn't himself that series. He had 3 games where he shot in the ball horribly (low 30s). Turned the ball over 27 times. Outside of game 2 and 5, Lebron was pretty average for a player of his caliber. Jimmy Butler did a helluva job guarding him.

The Bulls won 6 goddamn championships in the nineties. They can go on as long of a drought as they want.

The Bulls won 6 goddamn championships in the nineties. They can go on as long of a drought as they want.

Don't skirt the Delly fiasco, pussy.

He played one good game. he's still an absolutely terrible player.

This Wizards game is such ass. It's gonna be crazy if either of these teams beat the Cavs. Lol.

Hawks are gonna get destroyed. Wizards would put up more of a challenge.

The Hawks will beat the Cavs

That was an absolutely brutal way to end the series, the right call was made, but that doesn't make it any easier

He does not play pesky D. He plays hard and runs all over the floor but he isn't capable of defending most NBA players. He's like a constantly moving bobblehead--it's entertaining but it really isn't doing anything.

At some point as a basketball fan, you sense the inevitable end for your team. I sensed it the second I saw LAC in Houston's bracket, but now that it's obvious to everyone, I'd like to make a few vicious and completely warranted statements:

1. Fuck you, James Harden. Other stars make their damn jump shots when defenders collapse in on them. I understand that you're trying to facilitate more but when you only shoot an arbitrary jump shot here and there, you give yourself no chance at developing a rhythm. Shoot the damn ball and forget about driving until they no longer give you space.

2. Get Josh Smith the fuck out of Houston. He is an absolute on-court cancer, even if he is by all account a good individual. His game is outdated and inefficient and he has no business in an offense predicated on floor spacing. He sucks and I hate him more with every second he's on the floor.

3. It's time to fire Kevin McHale. I don't give the slightest damn about how good his resume looks--Houston has had pieces, and he's failed them at crucial moments. This team has no offense, whatsoever, and they make no adjustments to what other teams do. Their defense has completely fallen apart in the playoffs, and I don't see him holding anybody accountable and making changes. They simply fire away and let James drive and hope shots fall through the basket. It is no sustainable and will always backfire on them. Fuck off with this nonsense.

4. Daryl Morey is an absolutely terrible GM and I can't stand him. He pushes this Morey-ball philosophy that specializes in inefficiency and he wants to put inefficient shooters on this team. This 3 point shooting team needs a bench that can score and he adds Corey Brewer and Josh Smith? Are you fucking kidding me? Even if you're a terrible shot, you'll eventually hit your foot if you keep aiming in that direction.

5. I am absolutely furious about the overall lack of effort this team has put forth in this series. They pranced into game 1 like they were untouchable and have since forth gotten bitch-slapped by Austin Rivers, a player that no other team in this league has had any issue defending. Talk about pathetic in every sense of the word.

6. Why is it so hard for Dwight Howard to not toss everybody around and pick up stupid fouls?

The good things:

1. I'd like to thank guys like Dwight Howard, Trevor Ariza, and Jason Terry for playing like champions while everybody else plays like chumps. James Harden looks disinterested. Terrence Jones plays hard but somehow can't find a way to defend anybody. Pablo Prigioni can't hit the broad side of the barn. Corey Brewer is completely out of control so far in this series. Josh Smith is the NBA equivalent of disgusting processed American cheese. Kevin McHale looks confused and incapable of general basketball thought. Anyway--thank you to Dwight, Ariza, and Terry. You at least put forth an effort. Everybody else can fuck off.

That's about it. There's nothing worth really stating in a positive manner. There is no foundation built here. This team is constructed to be as inefficient as possible and about the only way they can possibly improve is to chase LMA or a real, actual point guard, not to mention some bench pieces that can actually shoot the fucking ball.

Houston got outcoached, outplayed, outsmarted, and outclassed in this series. They had no chance from the get go, decided to act like a bunch of cats with awful cases of Little Bitch Syndrome, and have since paid for their sins. They can go to Hell ten times over and I'm about ready to tell this team to fuck off and give my support to a team like Memphis, who may not have what's necessary to win it all but at least they play hard, smart, and are very, very well coached.

I've had enough of this nonsense. How dare this team waste what Dwight Howard has brought to them. How dare they allow a nonsensical approach to the game undermine what they're capable of. How dare they bitch out and put forth a lackadaisical effort against a great Clippers team? How dare they expect us fans to continue to care with the way they've bitched out of this series?

I would take 25-30 wins with a clear upward trajectory over this nonsense.

Would you still take 25-30 wins over this nonsense?

Would you still take 25-30 wins over this nonsense?

When Houston loses by double digits in game 7, you'll see my point

• Downvote 1

The Hawks will beat the Cavs

Cavs win 4-0 confirmed.

• Upvote 2

When Houston loses by double digits in game 7, you'll see my point

No. I wouldn't. Your team is going to come, at the least, within 1 game of the Conference Finals. A Conference Finals against the very beatable Golden State Warriors which would be followed with a NBA Finals against a team that is decidedly worse than Golden State. But you'd seriously take a 25-30 win team over that. Please just stop.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe the Rockets didn't choke in round one. It's a miracle postseason.