Favre4Ever

Bills Hire Rex Ryan as Next Head Coach

Rex Ryan is sticking in the AFC East.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapport reported Sunday morning that the Buffalo Bills are expected to make Ryan their new coach, per sources involved in the situation. The Bills have offered, and Ryan is planning to accept.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456519/article/buffalo-bills-set-to-hire-rex-ryan-as-head-coach?campaign=Facebook_atn_patra

Edited by Favre4Ever

Welp. It will be interesting to see if Trestman follows him there and how he works with EJ Manuel.

Rex gonna make that D even better.

As posted per Bucman:

The offensive coordinator Rex Ryan is most likely to bring with him to Buffalo is 49ers OC Greg Roman, per source.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Bills making moves. I called Rex going there the minute that job became available. It's nice to be right once in a while. >_>

I dunno how I feel about Roman. SF's offense wasn't looking too hot this past season, and we have no offensive line to work with.

• Upvote 1

The book is out on Kaepernick. I don't think any OC can do anything for him anymore. Roman is a fine OC, IMO.

Edited by Sarge

Did the Bills primarily go 3-4 or 4-3, this season?

4-3. But I don't see that as an issue. Rex's defenses have always shown multiple looks even in the same game.

Rex will obviously be more 3-4 which isn't a big deal because Jerry Hughes is 100% not coming back to the Bills.

I'm kinda disappointed in this, but it's a good hire for the Bills.

Why are you disappointed, Vin?

Because the Bills don't fit my idea of where Rex should go. The defense is nice sure, but the offense is questionable and if he can't turn things around it's going to be the Jets all over again.

I think the Bills probably told Rex something along the lines of, "We're willing to be patient and build an offense. Not going to fire you if the offense sucks. Just keep that defense awesome."

New ownership, remember. They want continuity.

Rex will obviously be more 3-4 which isn't a big deal because Jerry Hughes is 100% not coming back to the Bills.

The only thing is, I don't think Williams, Dareus, or Other Williams could handle being in a 3-4 well.

The only thing is, I don't think Williams, Dareus, or Other Williams could handle being in a 3-4 well.

They handled it fine in 2013, didn't they?

Mario played the stand up rush linebacker position his last year with the Texans, and before he tore his pec he was well on his way to a Pro Bowl caliber season. He's such a freak athlete that he can be successful in any defensive scheme.

That defense is probably going to be even more killer under Rex. Unfortunately he just went from a team with a bad offense right into another in a similar position.

The Bills just need to find some way, any way, to get an average QB. That's all they're gonna need now.

Greg Roman don't mind seeing go. Guy is really overrated. Yeah yeah everyone is overrated. I know.

I steadfastly disagree. He is the epitome of a coach. He should have no say on the roster or front office decisions, just like a coach should (or shouldn't) be doing anyway. He needs a competent front office to keep talent coming in.... Not sure he has that in Buffalo, but whatever.

It's a nice move for the Bills and Rex Ryan is a fine head coach. I hope he does well in Buffalo.