Favre4Ever

2015 NFL Mock Draft Discussion Thread

So essentially Robert Quinn netted a 1st and 2nd rd pick? :notbad:

Traded up with intentions moving with ATL. He didn't budge so I picked. Wasn't that big a hassle.

It's all good man. Just felt like stalling to me. Also very NBA and not NFL. No worries brah.

Edited by FartWaffles

So essentially Robert Quinn netted a 1st and 2nd rd pick? :notbad:

Technically. Netted a 1st and a high 2nd. Basically flipped Quinn for Leonard and moved up 8 spots.

If the NFL was more like the NBA transaction wise It'd be bonersville, USA for me tbh. Just don't become more like the NBA on the field (hopeless request, I know.)

It's all good man. Just felt like stalling to me. Also very NBA and not NFL. No worries brah.

My goal the whole time was getting Leonard, I just wanted to see if I could get more value vs Williams at #3. Definitely satisfied with the pick though, as Leonard was the highest rated player on my board.

The only real issue I have with what occurred, (re: trading) is that I find it kinda neat to show others, "Here's what our mock draft looked like. Yeah we do all seven rounds, its kinda cool." Having a bunch of trades for actual players dilutes the realism and makes it more a simple game- which is still a very fun game, don't get me wrong, it's just not as cool.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Understandable... We will put it to a vote for next year. Although you will definitely have to remind me. :laugh: I appreciate the feedback.

Cherry...you're not satisfied with that pick. You were trying to get out of there desperately.

No way am I trading up one spot for a DT where there's already Dan Williams and Justin Ellis. Do your hw. Either way I was taking. Leonard, White, or Cooper there.

Not wasting a 3rd rounder to trade up there.

:Bears:

#7 (Browns)

#71 (Browns)

:Browns:

#12 (Bears)

#19 (Bears)

Cherry...you're not satisfied with that pick. You were trying to get out of there desperately.

No way am I trading up one spot for a DT where there's already Dan Williams and Justin Ellis. Do your hw. Either way I was taking. Leonard, White, or Cooper there.

Not wasting a 3rd rounder to trade up there.

If I wasn't satisfied with taking Leonard at #3 I wouldn't have made that trade. My goal was to take Leonard from the start, but I wanted to see if any offers would be made on #3 would be more valuable than Leonard. I assumed you would pass anyways, but I was completely confident with my own trade and the selection I made. I'm incredibly happy to get the best DL in the draft, and one who would easily be worth the move from #4 to #3. I understand your selection, the Raiders had a multitude of guys to pick from, was just a matter of how much you liked Leonard.

TE Luke Willson and RB Christine Michael available for mid rounders. I also assume that I have Will Blackmon (CB) & Jimmy Graham on my roster?

Someone is gonna get a hell of a steal with Shane Ray.

Agreed.

It was him or Gregory for me at #8. Felt like I really couldn't go wrong with picking either of 'em to be honest. In the end I felt like Gregory was just a better fit for Quinn's defense.

Agreed.

It was him or Gregory for me at #8. Felt like I really couldn't go wrong with picking either of 'em to be honest. In the end I felt like Gregory was just a better fit for Quinn's defense.

I'd disagree, but I understand the logic. IMO Ray was a much more complete product. That said, Atlanta is in a win-win situation.

Gotta side with Fart, With Dan Quinn there in ATL I assume they're gonna run something similar to what the Seahawks and Jags run and if so Shane Ray isn't a fit at all if we're talking a weakside speed rusher/LEO. He's not long enough. Gregory is an ideal fit frame wise. That's typically the type they look for in that scheme.

I used to like Ray two years ago a lot, but then I realized I was watching him against his teammate Michael Sam and I knew that Ray was infinitely better yet Sam was getting all the accolades. In all honesty I'm not a huge fan anymore. I think his game is limited. I think he could be solid, I dunno like a Bjoern Werner type.

:shrug:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson
  • Upvote 1

:Bears:

#7 (Browns)

#71 (Browns)

:Browns:

#12 (Bears)

#19 (Bears)

So the Browns trade both first-rounders to move up 5 spots? Trident got fleeced.

Etiquette rules, bro: don't blab about prospects still on the board.

• Upvote 1

So the Browns trade both first-rounders to move up 5 spots? Trident got fleeced.

Etiquette rules, bro: don't blab about prospects still on the board.

Okay no prob.

#10 on the block, but I need another first. Let me know if you're 11-17 and looking to move up.

Not sure if Browns or Bills... :laugh: Especially pricey in a draft stacked with WR talent. Love the player though... Just would have been nicer in a weaker class or if a good WR would actually like... Help the Browns, which it won't.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it needs to be said or not. But at your very best, please try working trades before you are on the clock. Obviously early on in the process it's a little harder, but we need record fast pace to get this done as we waited for FA and the actual draft moved up this year. Don't have a ton of time to spare, if we can help it.

Edited by Favre4Ever

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it needs to be said or not. But at your very best, please try working trades before you are on the clock. Obviously early on in the process it's a little harder, but we need record fast pace to get this done as we waited for FA and the actual draft moved up this year. Don't have a ton of time to spare, if we can help it.

I tried from the moment we started. People didn't want to trade until I was on the clock :sigh:

Not talking about anybody specifically. Just in general. Ha. Taking up a little time is no biggie... Just when it drags on for hours or whatever 'waiting' for a reply or something, that's when it becomes problematic. :yep:

Not talking about anybody specifically. Just in general. Ha. Taking up a little time is no biggie... Just when it drags on for hours or whatever 'waiting' for a reply or something, that's when it becomes problematic. :yep:

I'll be waiting till about 4 or so on it just so everyone gets a shot to talk to me and all that. If not I'll go ahead and pick. Tough to work trades out beforehand anyways. Results in stuff like last year where I lost Dennard because I moved too early. Best option is to say "If this guy is available, let's make a deal."