BwareDWare94

A Supposed "Country" Song in 2015

This little fragment of audio diarrhea is hitting airwaves, and will likely soar to #1 on the charts because Americans in this decade are some of the dumbest and easily pleased music fans the world has ever seen:

Seriously, there are no redeeming factors to this song. It's pure, utter garbage. It took 14, count 'em again, FOURTEEN goddamn songwriters to put this mess of stale urine together.

What on god's green earth makes this a country song? Why is a format separated from pop music being disrespected and shit on by so many people and yet fans of this kind of music insist on calling it "Country" for some purpose? If someone can explain a legitimate reasoning for this nonsense, give it a go.

Oh, and here's a link to a funny review of this song that tears it a new one:

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/thomas-rhetts-vacation-aka-adolescent-girls-in-bikinis-singing-about-drinking-beer

that's really disappointing, especially coming from Thomas Rhett, whose first cd was one of the better recent country albums

Edited by oochymp

Country has becoming more infused with pop in the past few years. Pop music has always been mainstream, country has not. Suddenly "country" becomes more mainstream and then you hear songs like this and it should be no wonder why. It's not what I'd consider country but the mainstream definition of country has changed I think. It suits the industry better to label pop-country as "Country" music.

I listened to about 1 min of the video, didn't like the song. But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of others do.

I'm as open minded as anyone when it comes to music, but that's plain awful. Didn't even finish it. Can't say that about too many songs.

Edited by Sarge

I don't know how anybody would even label that "pop-country" or whatever that bullshit they play on the radio these days. There's nothing in that song that even sounds country-esque.

Surprised I even made it halfway. Shit was turrible.

Country music is no longer the country music of old. Very few songs are that sad emo crap.

Edited by Bucman

*Listens to Black Flag to wash this shit away*

Atrocious.

I'll admit I enjoy some "pop" country such as Luke Bryan, but this was pretty bad. I know someone earlier said Rhett's first album was good, but I never cared for him.

Kenny Chesney and Eric Church = gawds

Not all pop country is bad. David Nail is phenomenal. There's only a handful of his songs I don't like.

Luke Bryan sounds like a muppet, Mav.

Edit: holy crap that song is awful, Bware.

Edited by GA_Eagle

"Beer with Jesus" is a phenomenal song and you will not convince me otherwise, he also had a handful of other great songs on that first cd

Unfortunately, oochy, Thomas is apparently a megadouche, as well. I've worked concerts he played at, and heard several first hand stories of his arrogance. It's unfortunate that a guy who only had a shot to be successful because of his dad has no humility.

Unfortunately, oochy, Thomas is apparently a megadouche, as well. I've worked concerts he played at, and heard several first hand stories of his arrogance. It's unfortunate that a guy who only had a shot to be successful because of his dad has no humility.

I don't doubt it, unfortunately if I refused to listen to artists who are douchey in real life that would severely limit my music options

• Upvote 1

Rock, country, rap...everything is turning into pop music.

• Upvote 1

Rock, country, rap...everything is turning into pop music.

All of the good country is on independent labels hiding under the "Americana" term, which seems to encompass country, folk, bluegrass, and alternative country.

At this point, mainstream country isn't country at all. It's a horrible mix of pop, arena rock, hip hop, and EDM. Like all four sounds had an awful car accident and each horn is blaring at full blast.

I wanted to circle back around to this now that the cd has come out, I'm about halfway through it and really enjoy it aside from this song, it's more of an R&B album so Bware probably hates it because it's not "real" country, but it's good

Don't care for Sam Hunt and his spoken word bullshit.

Yeah, I thought "Take Your Time" was well done and easy to listen to, but spoken word is a Red Sovine and CW McCall type of thing.

Break Up in a Small Town is so lazily composed and dumb. I can't believe it's climbing charts.

Yeah, I thought "Take Your Time" was well done and easy to listen to, but spoken word is a Red Sovine and CW McCall type of thing.

Break Up in a Small Town is so lazily composed and dumb. I can't believe it's climbing charts.

Agreed on both points.