Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

He also is a complete moron when it comes to scientific issues and thinks his degree qualifies him to talk about issues such as climate change when in reality I'm just as qualified to talk about it as he is.

Oh and then there's that little thing where he basically blamed the victims of the Oregon shooting for not rushing the shooter, as if anyone can possibly say what they would have done in such a situation.

He's a despicable sack of shit. Fortunately, he isn't winning the nomination and he'd be crushed by any Dem anyway.

Which candidate IS qualified, scientifically, to talk about climate change? "Where he basically...", you're making an inference and implying what he meant, which can be used against any candidates at any point on any issue.

Pick your top candidate and an issue and I will do what you just did and make them seem evil. It's really easy to do. lol.

Which candidate IS qualified, scientifically, to talk about climate change? "Where he basically...", you're making an inference and implying what he meant, which can be used against any candidates at any point on any issue.

Pick your top candidate and an issue and I will do what you just did and make them seem evil. It's really easy to do. lol.

No candidates are qualified, scientifically, to talk about climate change. That's why they should leave it to the scientists- ya know, the guys who study this thing- who are overwhelmingly of the opinion, that yes, it is real, and yes, it is at least partially man-caused. Carson saying that is just pandering to his more fundamentalist base who still think climate change is some liberal plot to take your money.

As for part 2: You've done this several times now. "Oh you're just inferring that's what he meant."

Nope. It was 100% what he meant:

Ben Carson says he would have led an effort to stop the shooter who killed 13 people last week in Roseburg, Oregon, had he been there during the attack.

During an interview of Fox & Friends Tuesday, host Brian Kilmeade asked the GOP presidential candidate what he would do if a gunman asked him, "What religion are you?" The shooter allegedly asked his victims their religion before shooting them and opted to fatally injure those who responded that they were Christian.

"Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me," Carson responded. "I would say, 'Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can't get us all.'"

Edited by Thanatos19

No candidates are qualified, scientifically, to talk about climate change. That's why they should leave it to the scientists- ya know, the guys who study this thing- who are overwhelmingly of the opinion, that yes, it is real, and yes, it is at least partially man-caused. Carson saying that is just pandering to his more fundamentalist base who still think climate change is some liberal plot to take your money.

As for part 2: You've done this several times now. "Oh you're just inferring that's what he meant."

Nope. It was 100% what he meant:

How many of them are economically qualified to talk about the debt? Militarily qualified to be commander in chief?

It's similar to the mindset of, "You're not a fan X team, so you can't say anything about them". Just incredibly flawed logic at it's very core, which is kind of hilarious or ironic in the context of this conversation.

I read that and say... Wow, Ben Carson is a hero. What a courageous thing he would do if he were in that situation. I would like to think that I would be that brave, but in the moment, I probably wouldn't be.

Perception is a beautiful thing.

• Downvote 1

I read that and say... Wow, Ben Carson is a hero. What a courageous thing he would do if he were in that situation. I would like to think that I would be that brave, but in the moment, I probably wouldn't be.

but that's the point, it's easy to say what you'd do in that situation but until you've been in that situation you really can't say definitively, also saying that "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me" implies a contempt for the victims' failure to attack an active shooter that I find somewhat disgusting

It's easy to say what you'd do when you're not in the situation. They do teach that in schools though that if there is an active shooter you should attack them, not cower and let them take your life.

I'm pretty sure this is what happens in a highly stressful/dangerous situation: Your body will respond in one of two ways naturally. You will either decide to stay and confront the person or run away/hide. Whichever response your body feels like in that split second is the one you're going to do. 99.9% of people see someone with a gun and correctly (IMO of course) feel that the best chance of survival is to get as far away as quickly as possible.

As a gun owner, I know this is especially true with handguns. The more distance you put between yourself and the shooter, the higher your chances of survival. I feel like that should be common sense, but common sense goes out the window under stress.

but that's the point, it's easy to say what you'd do in that situation but until you've been in that situation you really can't say definitively, also saying that "I would not just stand there and let him shoot me" implies a contempt for the victims' failure to attack an active shooter that I find somewhat disgusting

I don't think there is anything wrong with people saying what they think they would do. That's what candidates do all the time. What would you do if put in this tough situation? Putin is being an ass... Iran is building nuclear weapons.... What do you do? None of them can actively put themselves in that position. They have to tell us what they would do or what they imagine themselves doing.

Making implications and how we perceive them are two totally different things. I am not saying you are a bad person for perceiving his comments one way or another... But as I mentioned earlier, that's the beauty of perception. We can all listen or read what he says and reach different conclusions.

Guest Phailadelphia

How many of them are economically qualified to talk about the debt? Militarily qualified to be commander in chief?

It's similar to the mindset of, "You're not a fan X team, so you can't say anything about them". Just incredibly flawed logic at it's very core, which is kind of hilarious or ironic in the context of this conversation.

Perception is a beautiful thing.

Except that Carson has been in this situation, and instead of acting heroically he pointed the gunman to someone else and said "I think that's the guy you're looking for." So courageous.

I don't think there is anything wrong with people saying what they think they would do. That's what candidates do all the time. What would you do if put in this tough situation? Putin is being an ass... Iran is building nuclear weapons.... What do you do? None of them can actively put themselves in that position. They have to tell us what they would do or what they imagine themselves doing.

Making implications and how we perceive them are two totally different things. I am not saying you are a bad person for perceiving his comments one way or another... But as I mentioned earlier, that's the beauty of perception. We can all listen or read what he says and reach different conclusions.

that's fair, but I think his comments were worse for form than substance in that I think he could have made his point without saying the victims were pussies that just let the shooter kill them (I am well aware that he didn't explicitly say that, but it's what he implied)

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is suspending his campaign for president after a disappointing finish in Iowa, turning his focus now to his Senate re-election bid.
"Across the country thousands upon thousands of young people flocked to our message of limited government, privacy, criminal justice reform and a reasonable foreign policy. Brushfires of Liberty were ignited, and those will carry on, as will I," the Republican said in a statement.
"Although, today I will suspend my campaign for President, the fight is far from over," he continued. "I will continue to carry the torch for Liberty in the United States Senate and I look forward to earning the privilege to represent the people of Kentucky for another term."

I didn't realize he was running for Senate and President simultaneously, weird

Edited by oochymp

Yeah, I don't anticipate voting Republican anymore.

Truth and understanding is an uphill battle. Reality is that Cruz just took too much of that core voting block... Heck, Cruz proclaimed himself the predecessor to Ron Paul. Lol.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum is ending his presidential bid, two Republican sources told CNN.
He is expected to make the announcement Wednesday night and will endorse a candidate.
Santorum won the 2012 Iowa caucuses and ended that race with the second-most number of delegates to eventually GOP nominee Mitt Romney. But he was unable to capture any momentum this year, despite extensive barnstorming efforts in Iowa.
He is the third Republican presidential candidate to drop out after Monday's caucuses. Mike Huckabee ended his campaign that night, and Rand Paul suspended his campaign Wednesday morning.

I didn't realize Huckabee had ended his campaign, but then I kinda forgot Huckabee was still officially in the field

That's depressing... Oh my gosh. Jeb has had probably the worst fall of any candidate and it's hard to watch. Dude is trying his hardest to stand up to schoolyard bully Don and he keeps punching himself.

Guest Phailadelphia

Rubio says lots of dumb things.

CaVWfPzUMAA7qO3.jpg

Cruz , Trump, and Rubio.

Holy shit.... I am. I don't know what to do.

• Upvote 2

Cruz , Trump, and Rubio.

Holy shit.... I am. I don't know what to do.

trump.jpg?w=660

That's the bad thing... Like, Out of those three, I DO prefer Trump. That should never come out of my mouth. I think I will have to go back and hit up some more rallies of candidates. Too bad they are pretty much done around here. Lol.

Trump is a huge piece of shit but economically he's the best option available. Personally I don't think he'd have the support to invoke a mass ban on muslims or anything like that.

Trump is a huge piece of shit but economically he's the best option available. Personally I don't think he'd have the support to invoke a mass ban on muslims or anything like that.

The dude has bankrupted businesses multiple times.

• Upvote 1

Rubio says lots of dumb things.

CaVWfPzUMAA7qO3.jpg

Oh the hypocrisy. But I'm sure it was met with a ton of "FUCK YEAH" "OBAMA IS A MUSLIM" and fist pumps.

The dude has bankrupted businesses multiple times.

For the umpteenth fucking time I'm looking at his tax policies not his business failures. Tax brackets are the most important part of any new President's plan.