Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

They already don't pay income taxes.

You sure they don't under Bernie? :think:

Kasich killed the debate and is polling strong in NH. He may be a big spoiler in that state.

Didn't get to watch it. Hoping for some decent stuff though. Listening to the war mongers up there boast about who can kill more people makes me pretty sick.

I don't know if sand glows, but we are gonna find out...

*shudders*

If you get shit on by Chris Christie, you're gonna have a bad time...

Guest Phailadelphia

Didn't get to watch it. Hoping for some decent stuff though. Listening to the war mongers up there boast about who can kill more people makes me pretty sick.

I don't know if sand glows, but we are gonna find out...

*shudders*

Agreed. Never seen a group of candidates so eager to kill. And Cruz's line about not carpet-bombing indiscriminately was particularly stupid.

Edit: Kasich is growing on me.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Kasich did well last night and looks like the only sane one up there. I would love to see him steal NH.

Unlikely, though.

My insane hatred for Christie made me think Rubio won that exchange so it's W/E. Christie is such a tryhard that I can't ever see him roasting someone.

My insane hatred for Christie made me think Rubio won that exchange so it's W/E. Christie is such a tryhard that I can't ever see him roasting someone.

My hatred for Christie knows no bounds... But he cornered Rubio with the "recycled 25 second speech" bit and Rubio repeated the SAME short speech 4 times in 6 minutes. lmao. Even though he is right, he still manages to act like a conceited asshole, but... Still.

Trump killed NH, but Kasich with a nice 2nd place finish. From being completely irrelevant to being thrust into the spotlight, it's a fantastic place to be for him. I wonder if he can carry any of this momentum forward.

Might just have to jump on the bandwagon.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Kasich is a pretty moderate guy, so I'm not against him gaining some momentum, but he needs it badly. His campaign is almost out of money, from what I've heard, and he's not polling well in Nevada or South Carolina.

Looks like Christie is dropping out. Any chance he endorses Rubio? :p

He should have stuck in there for a little while longer just to take Rubio down further. lol

Christie's masterful initiation of Rubio's debate meltdown was his only significant contribution to the race, and then he drops out. Republican establishment is like, "Thanks a fuckin lot guy."

Guest Phailadelphia

Beginning to wonder if Republicans care about conservatism. Trump is not a conservative, yet he's leading almost all Republican voter demographics by double-digit margins. What is it about him that GOP voters find attractive?

yeah, I'm thinking for the Virginia primary I'm gonna go and vote for whatever Republican candidate seems most likely to beat Trump

Most modern Republicans aren't even all that conservative. The biggest draw for Trump is his lack of political correctness (Being a racist/sexist sack of shit). That said he is still pretty good in some areas.

It looks like we're back to where we were after Iowa: it's a three-horse race.

I noticed something today analyzing general election match-up polls. Granted, it's very early, but I think they reveal an interesting trend regarding primaries.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

tl;dr: in Hilary vs. Republican polls, Kasich does the best, polling far ahead, followed by Rubio, who is slightly ahead. Cruz is essentially tied, while Trump polls the worst, projected to lose.

Edited by SteVo

Kaisch is easily the most moderate and sane republican left. Its just that while that appeals to the general election, it doesn't help for primaries. I wish we had no primaries, and an election system where you can rank candidates.

Kaisch is easily the most moderate and sane republican left. Its just that while that appeals to the general election, it doesn't help for primaries. I wish we had no primaries, and an election system where you can rank candidates.

Ya, that's the difference in dynamics. The further to the left or right you are, the better chance you have in the primaries. The further center you are, the better chance you have in the general election.

Guest Phailadelphia

Biggest SC voting bloc for Trump: male, moderately conservative, no college education. It's Idiocracy come alive.

Also, Cruz losing to Rubio made me super happy.

Super Tuesday will be interesting.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's Idiocracy come alive.

That's really where we're headed.