Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

He's proven he can't beat an incumbent Obama, I like his odds against Hillary a lot more

Yeah agreed. There's going to be a lot more moderates leaning toward Romney if that's the case. I voted for Obama in 2012 but if it came down to Clinton/Romney in 2016 I might side with Romney (don't know for sure though).

Guest Phailadelphia

He's proven he can't beat an incumbent Obama, I like his odds against Hillary a lot more

Romney didn't lose because he was facing an incumbent.

Guest Phailadelphia

This is encouraging:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-trump-vs-clinton-would-reshape-the-electoral-map/2016/03/19/783a834c-ed35-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html

Trump led 49 to 40 percent among white voters, while Clinton led 73 to 19 among non-whites.

Romney scored 59% of the white vote in 2012 and lost by 3m votes. McCain scored 55% of the white vote in 2008 and lost by 10m votes. Considering Hillary's current favorability with minorities (comparable to Obama in 2008 & 2012), if the most Trump can muster is 49% of the white vote this election is going to be the biggest landslide we've seen in a long time.

We're still a long way out and Clinton has plenty of skeletons in her closet for Trump to get.

I almost feel like I did against Obama second term, if the Republicans could have put up anyone worth voting for, they would have won. Except in reverse.

Really.

I have to choose between Trump and Clinton?

Brokered convention chaos + Kasich for President pls&ty. :yep:

I'd like the pick but the idea of a few elite players taking the choice of the people away, however stupid that choice is, rubs me the wrong way. To put it lightly.

• Upvote 1

interesting read, and something I've been thinking for a while, it's a long article so I won't quote the whole thing, but it's worth a read:

Why #NeverTrump Will Never Work

But here’s the problem for Bush and Romney and the whole #NeverTrump thing generally: You don’t win campaigns solely by running against somebody else. You have to give voters something — or someone — that they can be for.

Not sure if that still holds given how racist and bigoted Trump and the majority of his supporters are. It just might work.

I could post this in the Democrat thread, but...

Libertarian presidential hopeful Gary Johnson, possibly benefitting from dissatisfaction with the two major parties’ front-runners, is in double digits in a potential three-way race, according to a poll released Thursday.

In a three-way contest, Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton was at 42 percent, GOP front-runner Donald Trump was at 34 percent, and Mr. Johnson, who is seeking the Libertarian Party’s nomination, was at 11 percent, according to the Monmouth University poll.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/24/libertarian-gary-johnson-double-digits-race-agains/

If the libertarians get more than 5%, that could be a major change to US politics.

Libertarians are real people, regardless of what Blots says ;)

Trump gonna get Nader'd.

And no one's gonna be sad.

Libertarians are real people, regardless of what Blots says ;)

I never said they aren't real people. I just think they're usually wrong.

If freedom and liberty isn't your thing, I can definitely see you not agreeing with Libertarians much.

And if you like letting anyone below middle class die and starve, I can see you being a libertarian.

See? I can do it too.

What have any of the proposals in the last 50 years done to actually end poverty? Nothing. If anything the problem has only gotten worse. A welfare state really solves nothing. Reforming our education system on the other hand... sounds like a fantastic idea.

• Upvote 1

Honest question, here: What percentage of welfare recipients do you think are leeching the system? Just give me a ballpark percentage. This question is for everybody.

I'd say 25%. Not as high as some think but still high enough to be cause for concern.

Gonna go softball and say 15%

• Upvote 1

Honest question, here: What percentage of welfare recipients do you think are leeching the system? Just give me a ballpark percentage. This question is for everybody.

I'd say 25%. Not as high as some think but still high enough to be cause for concern.

I'd guess 15%

Not really sure, honestly.. I know I get upset when I see food stamp recipients frequently purchasing better food than I do at the grocery store though. That happens way too often.

I just think increasing the tax burden on low and middle class people hurt them even more.. Which is why we can't let Bernie Sanders win this election. We have to keep the little cash we have in our hands -- we can't afford to give it all to the government.

We won't need money if everything is free.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Odds the #TedCruzSexScandal is real? *fingers crossed*

It looks like the people of twitter have identified multiple women that were previously blurred out in the NE article. It's becoming too big for the Cruz campaign to ignore, and they are going to have to address this, I imagine.

https://twitter.com/GolightlyGrl427/status/713385584278962176

https://twitter.com/markcritch/status/713381033006211072

Edited by Favre4Ever

On the one hand: lol

On the other hand: this means 0 chance of a brokered convention, which is disappointing.

Back to the first hand: lol

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 2

On the one hand: lol

On the other hand: this means 0 chance of a brokered convention, which is disappointing.

Back to the first hand: lol

Ya, one of my first thoughts was how great this is going to be for Trump and how not great it will be for the rest of us. Although at the time I thought it may blow over.. then i checked social media and I am not so sure.