Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

DeMarco Murray: " I'm Not Getting the Ball Enough "

With just eight carries versus Washington, the 2014 Offensive Player of the Year's lack of productivity this season is now coming into question. When asked if he was getting the ball enough after the game Murray said, "no I'm not. I don't think I am."

He then softened his stance a little.

"But it's how the plays are being called. You know, I love this offense, I love playing with these guys and it's how it is."

Yet the lack of production is as clear as day on the field and numbers don't lie. If a featured running back has just 47 yards heading into Week 5 there is an obvious problem.

NFL.com

The Eagles definitely have a nice little trio of backs there. Heck, I think Sproles needs more time, too. ha. Regardless, it begs the question... If you only need or want DeMarco Murray to carry the ball 5 times a game and get like 10 yards... Why give him $40 million?

Edited by Favre4Ever

During the game I was under the assumption he was hurt. If he's 100%, then there's no excuse for a) not playing him enough or b) signing him in the first place, because Mathews has looked great (when the offensive line isn't total garbage).

I'm pretty sure we asked that question when they signed him, when they traded away McCoy the theory was they wanted this sort of set up and didn't need to put that kind of money into a part time RB, which made some sense until they gave that kind of money to McCoy a couple weeks later

:yep:

So I think maybe the question has to be asked.... Was the signing of Murray just some kind of poor reactionary tale? did they see the Cowboys having trouble with Murray and decide to pounce just to rub it in? Sure seems that way right now.

Eagles C Jason Kelce called the team's offensive line play a "disgrace."

"Bottom line is our defense plays good enough, our offense struggles to move the ball when we don't do our job," Kelce said. "And right now we don't run the ball when we need to, we don't pass block when we need to, and it's a disgrace right now." Sam Bradford got the offense going in the second half of the Week 4 loss the Redskins, but the Eagles struggled to run the ball after taking a 20-16 lead early in the fourth quarter and could not protect Bradford on a failed comeback drive. With LT Jason Peters (quad) and RT Lane Johnson (knee) now banged up, it is unlikely to offensive line play improves anytime in the near future.
Source: CSN Philly

:yep:

So I think maybe the question has to be asked.... Was the signing of Murray just some kind of poor reactionary tale? did they see the Cowboys having trouble with Murray and decide to pounce just to rub it in? Sure seems that way right now.

Tough to tell. In theory, Murray is the perfect running back for this offense, but that's assuming good offensive line play. With the blocking we have now, Mathews is perfect for those outside runs where you run laterally, wait for a hole, and then hit it.

In other words, this is just another reason the biggest problem for the Eagles has been the offensive line.

For whatever reason the line has just blocks better for the other backs. Watching the games it's not Murray's fault and I don't think it's that his teammates don't like him, but Matthews and Sproles have to get touches too. I'd really like to see multiple backs in at once. Maybe some misdirection could get the run game going more consistently.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6585/demarco-murray/1

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk theres a "lot of truth" to the idea that DeMarco Murray would like to return to Dallas.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported something similar on Thursday. A disastrous fit for Chip Kelly's offense, Murray would love to resume going north and south for the team he broke out for last season, but his contract makes him all but un-tradable. He's due $7 million guaranteed in 2016. Both sides are going to want to move on, but they'll have to be willing to get creative.

:yao:

You know what they say about the green grass...

It makes a shit smoothie. :chip:

Edited by Chernobyl426

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6585/demarco-murray/1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeMarco Murray will be the Eagles' fourth-string running back Sunday against the Bills.

The soap opera continues in Philly. Coach Chip Kelly has effectively benched Murray for ratting him out to owner Jeffrey Lurie. According to Rapsheet, Murray said he questioned both Kelly and running backs coach Duce Staley and feels Kelly is not "approachable." It's been quite a fall from grace for Murray, who led the NFL in rushing yards a year ago in Dallas. It remains to be seen if Murray will be an Eagle next season. Darren Sproles will start Sunday against Buffalo.

:lol:

At this point I'm surprised Chip hasn't put in Duce to push Murray back even further on the depth chart.

Once again, Chip Kelly decides to railroad the solution and ignore the problem that is his offensive philosophy.