oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

Why do Nate & Matt have to get hurt? Neither one of them are superstars or anything (sorry Dutchy), still we need that speed in our lineup. I gotta say though Nathan MacKinnon is a bit disappointing.He needs to figure out how to finish more in this league. No question about it. His shooting percentage this season is 8.6 and last season it was 7.3 :ugh: This could cost Duchene at 30 goals. :mad: Only needs one more. :notamused:

I bet he tries to argue the stick was just following him as he rolled over (though his arm/stick moved before anything else) he should miss a couple games at least for that

I get the Keith hate...

Violence..I felt the hatred when I saw that swing...but you can't do that.

Also it should be noted no Canadian teams will make the playoffs if Ottawa loses their next game.

Don't hate Keith. He is very smug and sarcastic though. Has every right to be since he has won so many individual and team awards. Cups, Olympic Gold, Conn Smythe, Norris. Maybe I'm a bad person, I don't really care what he did since it was against the Wild. Of course if it was against the Avalanche or something I'd be singing a different tune.

Stupid move by Keith. I don't care who it is, or if it's a rival team, you don't do that shit, especially with the playoffs coming around the corner.

Stupid move by Keith. I don't care who it is, or if it's a rival team, you don't do that shit, especially with the playoffs coming around the corner.

It's possible Keith could miss game 1 of his series. Hawks, have 5 games left - he was offered an in-person hearing which could mean 6 game suspension.

I would suspend him for at least the first 2-3 games of round 1 in addition to the rest of the reg. season myself. If Keith wanted to get back at him, a good, clean hip check would have sufficed.

we need games like that one down the stretch, I don't really care about results at this point (especially when the result doesn't come until the shootout) but the tough, physical games are going to keep us from taking our foot off the gas too much as we close out the season, I'm still hoping Holtby gets the wins record, at 46 wins he's two away from Brodeur with six games left, we do still have two back to backs so Holtby will probably only get four more starts, I think the record is still very doable, but I'm not sure he'll hit 50, one interesting note they made in the broadcast tonight was the number of games played, Holtby so far has played 61 games to get to 46 wins, Brodeur needed 78 to get to 48, and they showed the top five goalie win seasons (Holtby is already tied for 4th on that list) and everyone else on the list was around 75+ games

And that's it. With the Flyers win there are no Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time in 46 years.

Really fun game between the Flyers and Caps last night, albeit a bit sloppy one--tons of hooking, slashing, holding, and roughing that went uncalled. I'm all for the refs being conservative, but last night was a bit much, I think.

That being said, I have to wonder what a Flyers/Caps series would be like. If last night is any indication, it would be hard-hitting, physical, and draining...probably not what the President's Trophy winners want in the first round.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

Really fun game between the Flyers and Caps last night, albeit a bit sloppy one--tons of hooking, slashing, holding, and roughing that went uncalled. I'm all for the refs being conservative, but last night was a bit much, I think.

That being said, I have to wonder what a Flyers/Caps series would be like. If last night is any indication, it would be hard-hitting, physical, and draining...probably not what the President's Trophy winners want in the first round.

Nope and the Flyers are coming in hot.

Smells like a one and out to me.

Caps are not gonna have an easy time in the 1st round regardless. All the teams they could potentially play (Isles, Bruins, Flyers, Wings) are more than capable of knocking them out. But really, anyone can beat anyone. Nowadays, there really isn't a big disparity between the 1 seed and 8 seed.

Caps are not gonna have an easy time in the 1st round regardless. All the teams they could potentially play (Isles, Bruins, Flyers, Wings) are more than capable of knocking them out. But really, anyone can beat anyone. Nowadays, there really isn't a big disparity between the 1 seed and 8 seed.

where the Habs at though? :smug:

yeah, I'm expecting hard fought games/series throughout the playoffs, because it's the playoffs, that's why I like seeing the team get those challenges already, knock them out of complacency, and looking at their schedule it looks like all of their remaining opponents are mathematically still alive and most are fighting tight playoff/seeding races, so it should be good to get us playing well again

where the Habs at though? :smug:

What do the Habs have to do with it? lol. I'm a Rangers fan too fwiw... the team that's knocked the Caps out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons. I'm not even that invested in hockey that much anymore. srs, I barely get around to watching the games. I was a much bigger fan of hockey when both the Habs and Rangers were much worse. :yao:

What do the Habs have to do with it? lol. I'm a Rangers fan too fwiw... the team that's knocked the Caps out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons. I'm not even that invested in hockey that much anymore. srs, I barely get around to watching the games. I was a much bigger fan of hockey when both the Habs and Rangers were much worse. :yao:

I hate the Habs

Go Wings... <_<

Avs need to beat the Caps tho :yao:

Pens looking good all of a sudden.

Pens looking good all of a sudden.

How about that Kris Letang? Pfft, 60-point season. *scoffs* scrub.

• Upvote 1

#FeelTheBJERN :smug:

• Upvote 1

okay, I'm getting a little worried now, we've been held to one or fewer goals in 4 of our last 6 (shut out in 3) hopefully the last four (all against teams jockeying for playoff position) will be enough to wake us up