Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Better Receiving Corps--GB or Minnesota, Who Wins the Game

Battle of Pass Catchers  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better receiving corps?

• Green Bay (Randall Cobb, DaVante Adams, James Jones, Ty Montgomery, Jeff Janis, Jared Abbrederis
    • Minnesota (Stefon Diggs, Mike Wallace, Jarius Wright, Charles Johnson, Adam Thielen, Cordarrelle Patterson)
  2. 2. Who wins the ball game?

See, I don't think either team is a finished product. You're underselling the Vikings' coaching staff. They're slowly figuring out who their playmakers are, and while I don't like the OL, this was their first truly bad game in weeks, and a lot of that had to do with their best lineman (Kalil) playing on an injury that he probably should have sat out a game or two with. The only bad thing about the little bit of yesterday's success was Kyle Rudolph giving them reason to leave him on the field. He will revert to his massive suckitude in the coming weeks. They need to give Pruitt those reps.

Both of these teams will get better. The Packers just need to protect Rodgers like yesterday to give Jones, Cobb, Adams, etc. time to get open. As for the TE position--are they unwilling to sign and put Finley back on the field after his scary injury? Would it be the worst idea to call him up and see if he wants to sign on for the rest of the season as purely a pass catcher at the position?

Edit--I suppose coming back to play would get him in trouble legally after his insurance claim. My bad.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Losses are salt inducing :yep:

I still don't think the Panthers have much of a shot though. Lol

I really don't see how on earth you can say that.

If Carolina doesn't have much of a shot, no one in the NFC does, because Carolina is quite clearly the best team in the conference. The only one close is Arizona.

You Viking fans do realize that this 'debate' is irrelevant next year when Jordy comes back, right?

I think the Vikings as of right now have a better receiving group...but that's because of injuries with Jordy is injured while Cobb is playing hurt.

Speedy Mike stretches the field, Diggs is a promising rookie, Wright is average and Johnson...well has some work.

I really don't see how on earth you can say that.

If Carolina doesn't have much of a shot, no one in the NFC does, because Carolina is quite clearly the best team in the conference. The only one close is Arizona.

Right now. Sure. Do you think Carolina is gonna go 16 - 0 ? If not, they will slump at some point, and it's looking lke they are going to hit those bad games when you don't want to hit them. If I were a fan of the Panthers, I'd WANT to start dropping some games because if you don't... You're gonna drop the games that send you home. The NFC Winner is going to be the team that "get hot" at the end of the year and has momentum. The Panthers aren't looking like that team.

Right now. Sure. Do you think Carolina is gonna go 16 - 0 ? If not, they will slump at some point, and it's looking lke they are going to hit those bad games when you don't want to hit them. If I were a fan of the Panthers, I'd WANT to start dropping some games because if you don't... You're gonna drop the games that send you home. The NFC Winner is going to be the team that "get hot" at the end of the year and has momentum. The Panthers aren't looking like that team.

We just annihilated the Redskins.

Cam threw five TD passes. Cam Newton. The dude who never threw for four TD passes in his career threw four in the first half. Carolina is getting Charles Johnson back. The Panthers are the second best team in the entire NFL in December the last four years.

Why, exactly, do the Panthers not look like that team? You wanting the Panthers to not be that team doesn't make it so.

Tell me again how we aren't red-hot? There's only six games left bro. This narrative that you've been pushing is pretty much bs. Tell me, does this logic also apply to the New England Patriots? Did it apply to the 9-7 Cardinals, who lost the last four games of the regular season, and then went on to win the NFC Championship?

That said, I do want the team to drop at least one, but only because I don't want 16-0 pressure. But can they go 16-0? Absolutely. Dallas is probably the best shot that they don't, unless we drop a division game because its an NFCS division game.

But the idea that Carolina should somehow WANT to play poorly now because that will mean they will play better in the playoffs is just dumb as shit.

If we are doing anything over the past few weeks, it's that we are getting better. To say the Panthers don't have much of a shot when they are 10-0 is just so fucking stupid.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

I don't think you are understanding me.

I never once argued that you are not playing well right now. I never once argued that you aren't the best right now. I am not arguing you aren't streaking right now. But we have 7 weeks left. Is your streaking really going to carry you through to the end of the season and then through the playoffs?

Maybe.. it isn't IMPOSSIBLE. But at some point you would have to think that the Panthers will drop a little. Not because they are bad or because they are frauds.. but just because that is how a season goes. You have to expect them to drop some games.

And if Carolina is going to wait to have their slump at the end of the season... They aren't going to make it through the playoffs and win a Super Bowl, they just won't. The team that is going to do that is the one that is going to face adversity... understand what losing is like.. and crave winning much more than a team who has won all season.

I will take a team who has to fight for a victory over a team who thinks they deserve victory any day. And if the Panthers don't experience a little turbulence... their egos will destroy their chances.

Like I said.. You should be rooting for a loss in the next couple of games before it's too late.

Letting the Packers nearly come back and beat us before standing up as a defense and finishing the game doesn't count as turbulence? Letting the Colts come back and take us to OT- and then becoming the first team in the NFL to ever win scoring second in OT- doesn't count as turbulence? Letting the Hawks go up 20-9 on us and then having three great drives isn't fighting hard for a victory in the face of adversity?

Their egos? Have you watched this team at all besides the time we beat your team? After every single fucking game it is "We have to get better." After Cam threw five TDs on the Skins, he said, "I have to be able to do better," and he then proceeded to detail some passes and throws that he missed.

If either of our teams have egos, its the Green Bay Packers. After the Packers won four games to start the season, your players openly talked about their desire to have the NFC go through Lambeau. When they were 4-0 they were thinking about getting homefield advantage. The Panthers? "One game at a time." Always, its one game at a time.

The Panthers don't think they deserve victory. They don't overlook anyone. They just keep pounding out wins.

You don't know anything about this Panthers squad. You're just repeating media talking points.

Edited by Thanatos19

Alright. We'll see. I think my point is being proven already though. Your confidence is oozing, as it should be. The expectations are going to crush you when you get beat in the playoffs and make it that much harder to recover. :(

I'm not playing for the Panthers. They aren't cocky, and they don't assume they're going to win. That is the point.

As a fan, am I confident? Well, yes, we are 10-0. If the Packers were 10-0 everyone would be screaming Superbowl.

IF we lose in the playoffs, we will be back next year even better for the experience, as we managed to put together a hell of a season without our #1 WR, after everyone had written us off and continues to claim we aren't really all that good.

I was a fan of this team when we were 2-14. I was a fan during our 1-15 season. I didn't swap teams. I never, ever, will. I don't care if we go 16-0 and then go 1 and done. Would it hurt? Hell yes. Would it hurt more than going 14-2 and going one and done? A bit more, yes. Would I come back next year rooting for them and following them throughout the offseason? Most certainly.

So sorry that I am very much enjoying a 10-0 run by a team that most media and "experts" said would finish 3rd or 4th in the "lackluster" NFC South.

I find your logic very suspect. The team that wins the NFC will be the team that plays better in the playoffs, hot streaks be damned. The Cardinals were 9-3, then lost four straight games to finish 9-7. Then they went to the Superbowl and narrowly lost to the Steelers.

Edited by Thanatos19

One example is really good of you to show and prove your point. We can easily point out more teams that get hot and steamroll through the playoffs though. So much so that I don't even need to provide the example to you.

All I am suggesting is that you temper expectations and come off your high horse, because the fall is going to suck that much more when it happens. And I know... 15 - 1 is worthless if you are going to play your worst game in the postseason. You'll learn to better handle success as it comes though.. :yep:

You don't even know what my expectations are. You're basically telling me I should just assume we're going to lose.

"You'll learn to better handle success as it comes, though."

Can you possibly get any more condescending?

I hope we get the Pack again and crush them this time.

Not at all. Every post of yours so far as been making assumptions of my assumptions. lol. You feel hurt because you think the Panthers are so underrated and that everyone is underestimating them... Stop. Your emotions are annoying.

You are gong to get your asses kicked if the Panthers meet Green Bay again... And probably by the Cowboys too. You don't belong nor deserve the undefeated mark your team has. Every team has douche bag fans, I suppose. But you shouldn't thrive in being that guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Not at all. Every post of yours so far as been making assumptions of my assumptions. lol. You feel hurt because you think the Panthers are so underrated and that everyone is underestimating them... Stop. Your emotions are annoying.

You are gong to get your asses kicked if the Panthers meet Green Bay again... And probably by the Cowboys too. You don't belong nor deserve the undefeated mark your team has. Every team has douche bag fans, I suppose. But you shouldn't thrive in being that guy.

You claim to get annoyed because of my annoyance with getting zero respect. And then you give us zero respect, lol.

I'm not the one saying a 10-0 team doesn't have a shot in the playoffs. That's just stupidity. And me calling you out on that stupidity is not being a douchebag fan, it's called being a realist. I'm not claiming Carolina is for sure going to win the NFC. I'm not claiming no one can beat us. I said in this thread that Green Bay can beat us. So can Arizona and probably Seattle if they make it in. But we have just as good of a shot as anyone else, if not slightly better because of HFA and for you to act like it makes me a douchebag fan to say that is just stupid.

Nor am I making assumptions about your condescending posts, you almost always talk down to people when you "debate" them. It's just how you make your posts. You need to learn to debate with people without acting like a total condescending douchebag, although I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Edited by Thanatos19

I don't get how this went from us all exclaiming how amazing the Vikings were to talking about the Panthers and Packers. I do not approve.

I apologize, I was drawn in by TGP's resident troll in these matters. I shall cease and desist responding to his baits.

Vikings have a solid core to build around, just don't quite think they are there yet.

Shut up, OSUViking.

I've been enjoying this. Always entertaining to see JD and Thanatos going at it.

Hey Thana... the Panthers really do have no shot. You know why?

lolrefs :p

• Upvote 1

You don't even know what my expectations are. You're basically telling me I should just assume we're going to lose.

"You'll learn to better handle success as it comes, though."

Can you possibly get any more condescending?

I hope we get the Pack again and crush them this time.

I hope you play them again because you're clearly better than they are. Green Bay looked very vulnerable on Sunday, despite a 30-13 score.

I hope the Packers and Panthers both get decimated come playoff time by the true hero of football.

:Giants:

He's coming. Elisha the best ever.

I apologize, I was drawn in by TGP's resident troll in these matters. I shall cease and desist responding to his baits.

Vikings have a solid core to build around, just don't quite think they are there yet.

Lol, I was just messing. I agree though, Vikings are a few years away from being contenders.

• Upvote 2

Why aren't the Vikings contenders now? They have the players. They have the coaching, and the Packers look as weak as they've ever been in the Rodgers era.

The time is now.

Also. Thana vs F4E is like Meek Mill v. Drake 'beef'

yeah, the NFC has a lot of good teams this year, but I'm not really sold on any of them being great, so I don't really see how the Vikings aren't among those, to be clear, I think they're definitely behind Carolina, Arizona, and Green Bay (no particular order) but I don't think there's a gulf between Minnesota and the top teams, and anything can happen once the playoffs start

I hope you play them again because you're clearly better than they are. Green Bay looked very vulnerable on Sunday, despite a 30-13 score.

You aren't exactly going out on a limb, Defensively there weren't that many vulnerabilities in the Minnesota loss. Offensively, absolutely. The offense is at the worst it's been in a decade (under McCarthy, anyway)... Aaron and the passing attack are still out of sync. Mistimed throws, bad drops, wrong routes being run. You name it, the Packers offense is probably experiencing it.