Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

It is time. 16-0?

16-0?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Panthers or Patriots go undefeated this year?

• Yes, the Patriots will finish 16-0.
    • Yes, the Panthers will finish 16-0.
    • Yes, both of them will finish 16-0.
    • No, neither of them will finish 16-0.

It is time to discuss it.

I'm not asking can they, as both teams certainly can, given their remaining schedules. But will they do so? Do you think either team will finish 16-0? Or perhaps both?

Remaining schedules:

:Patriots:

@ :Broncos:

vs :Eagles:

@ :Texans:

vs :Titans:

@ :Jets:

@ :dolphins:

:panthers:

@ :Saints:

vs :Falcons:

@ :Giants:

@ :Falcons:

vs :Bucs:

Also, I really dislike the NFL suddenly scheduling two games against the same opponent in 3 weeks. 4 weeks should be minimum inbetween contests.

I say neither, for what its worth. The Patriots rash of injuries is going to make it difficult to finish 16-0.

Carolina has an easy schedule on paper, but 4 of those 5 games are against division rivals, and the 5th is against the Giants. Plus, if we get to 14-0 or so, I feel like Rivera will rest starters. For all the talk about him being "Riverboat" Ron, he still plays conservative at times and I think this would be one of them.

Edited by Thanatos19

The Patriots will, the Panthers might fail to step on the gas, but they're playing their best football right now.

Patriots are losing against the Eagles, so :chip:

The Patriots will. Not being a homer but I think the Jets probably have the best chance to knock them off because we always play them tough. But, with the way we're currently playing I just don't see it.

I feel like with Carolina having four more divisional games they'll get caught in one of them probably. Not a detriment to the team I just feel like it's tough to win all the games with four of your last five against the division.

Pats still have the Brosweilers, which isn't going to be an easy game, unless they forget to play defense like they did against the Colts, and a couple late division games that could be interesting.

Panthers only really have the Giants and maybe the Saints next week.

I'm going to say they both lose at some point. :yep:

The Panthers only lose a game if they beat themselves with that schedule.

NE gon get the rottweiler.jpeg on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

With Edelman and Dion out I'm afraid the Pats won't be able to keep undefeated the rest of the way. The Panthers have a good shot though.

Considering the Pats injuries, they'll probably finish like 14-2.

Panthers probably get tripped up by the Falcons with them having two chances to knock them off in a short time frame.

I really don't like two division games in 3 weeks. Don't know why this was implemented, noticed it a few times the last couple of years.

Pats are losing to Denver, would be stunned if we win. We're vulnerable because of injuries and on top of that we always play shitty in Denver going back to like 05.

I do not want 16-0, I just want the #1 seed. Losing in the playoffs after an undefeated season is the worst feeling Ive ever had as a sports fan, do not want to relive that.

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 2

I really don't like two division games in 3 weeks. Don't know why this was implemented, noticed it a few times the last couple of years.

:jags:-:Titans: do the same this year as well. Just played, Jags play Chargers this week, Titans play Raiders then they play again in Tennessee.

Carolina does not strike me as a team that would be stubborn enough to actually play starters with HFA already secured should they do so. They just got to the top of the mountain while always being an overlooked underdog. This might be the best chance they ever have in winning a SB, which they are hungry as they've ever been for. So it wouldn't make sense with that logic that they would beat wild card teams that are fighting hard late in the year.

New England in '07 didn't believe in benching their starters. It's just a Belichick thing I guess. It doesn't make sense, given the how beat up they are now at this point, that he would do the same thing this year, but maybe he will. If Osweiler can be decent I agree the Patriots offense will flounder this week. Should they be lucky enough and stubborn enough maybe they'll pull off 16-0, but as far as predictions go, for the sake of trying to be accurate, I think we are looking at a couple of 14-2 teams.

Man. The NFL playoffs look scary this year :panic:

Edited by BC