Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Broncos Piss Away Playoff Hopes

The Denver Broncos will start Peyton Manning at quarterback in the playoffs, the team announced Thursday.

Head coach Gary Kubiak told the team at its Thursday morning meeting that Manning would start.

The team said that Kubiak met with Manning and Brock Osweiler prior to announcing the decision.

The Broncos play in the AFC divisional playoffs on Sunday, Jan. 17.

Manning replaced Osweiler in the the third quarter of last Sunday's win over the Chargers. Manning helped lead four scoring drives -- two touchdowns, two field goals -- in his first game since Nov. 15.

Asked after the game if he thought he would start for the Broncos in the playoffs, Manning said: "I don't know, we've got two weeks before we play again, we'll see how I feel [Monday], we'll see how my foot feels."

For his part, Osweiler said Sunday night: "As long as this football team wins games, that's all I care about. And that's the truth. ... As long as this football team is winning games, shoot, I don't care who's playing quarterback."

Edited by Chernobyl426

It only figures. Nobody in denver wants to win a championship, that's why the offense only decided to block once Peyton was in the game. What a joke.

let's not kid ourselves, Denver is going to go however far they go on the strength of their defense and their running game, and that's true whether it's Manning or Oswieler under center, so I'm gonna go with the veteran savvy and in-game adjustments Manning brings

It only figures. Nobody in denver wants to win a championship, that's why the offense only decided to block once Peyton was in the game. What a joke.

45241815.jpg

What was the point of firing John Fox if this is just what the Broncos were going to force Kubiak to do? Loser franchise. I hope they get crushed.

• Upvote 2

ESPN's FPI obviously didn't take into account that it is Peyton Manning

Haters gonna hate.

manning_medium.jpg

• Downvote 1

Haters gonna hate.

manning_medium.jpg

9 TDs to 17 INTs. Give up Vin.

ESPN is fucking drunk.

No picks last week though, and that's what matters.

No picks last week though, and that's what matters.

Playoffs matter.

The Steelers get to play AJ McCarron and then Peyton Manning? Lmao.

They have an easier road to the AFC Championship than the Cards do to the NFCC lol.

• Upvote 2

Playoffs matter.

Which starts for the Broncos in two weeks. :yep:

The Steelers get to play AJ McCarron and then Peyton Manning? Lmao.

They have an easier road to the AFC Championship than the Cards do to the NFCC lol.

Both can shred our weak secondary easily. We'll be lucky to get out of the WC round.

Also ends in two weeks.

sNebp1W.gif

Edit.

Brock Osweiler has a "low-grade" right MCL strain.

Osweiler woke up "extremely sore" on Monday, but played through the issue against the Chargers before being benched for ineffectiveness. He'll be ready to back up Peyton Manning for the Divisional Round.

Source: NBC Denver

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

I would start Peyton as well. The run game has performed better with Manning than not with Manning. As long as Manning doesn't turn it over as much they have a good shot in the AFC, with that defense.

I would start Peyton as well. The run game has performed better with Manning than not with Manning. As long as Manning doesn't turn it over as much they have a good shot in the AFC, with that defense.

Players actually doing their jobs with one guy and not the other is kind of shitty. Cut all of them.

Players actually doing their jobs with one guy and not the other is kind of shitty. Cut all of them.

Peyton runs the offense better

Are you insinuating that's the case here? If so, lol..

it couldn't have anything to do with Manning's audibles and other at the line adjustments, could it?

Stop making stuff up please

Are you insinuating that's the case here? If so, lol..

Olineman protect Peyton much better. Do they do it on purpose? Ehhhh.

Olineman protect Peyton much better. Do they do it on purpose? Ehhhh.

perhaps Peyton does a better job of recognizing blitzes and alerting the olinemen as to where to expect rushers?

perhaps Peyton does a better job of recognizing blitzes and alerting the olinemen as to where to expect rushers?

That's what it is. I mean , that's one of the things that made Peyton a great.