Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Relationship Discussion: Separate Beds

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is it absolutely vital to you that you and your partner share a bed?

2. 2. What would be your ideal sleeping arrangement in a relationship?

• Same bed, cool room
    • Same bed, warm room
    • Separate beds, same room
    • Separate beds, separate room
  3. 3. Do you believe sharing a bed has any correlation with frequency of sex?

I've seen a lot of articles and opinion pieces popping up about this topic, so I thought it'd be something we could discuss on here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josey-vogels/couples-sleep-separately_b_1212775.html

I'll post some poll questions and then add my discussion of each. Do the same and let's see how TGP feels about the tradition of sharing a bed with partners.

Question One:
My answer is no, and I say that because I've come to the conclusion that I simply cannot share a bed with a partner without two key components. 1. She has to like the room cold, too, while tolerating a running fan. I need white noise to sleep, and I cannot sleep in a warm room. Waking up drenched in sweat is the worst. 2. The bed absolutely has to be big enough that body heat doesn't create a huge sweat issue.

Nevertheless, I understand how unlikely it is I find a woman with these same viewpoints. It's unfortunate but sleep is more important than cuddling until you're damn near on fire.

Honestly, this is the very reason I refuse to have the "living together" discussion. It's not an option. Space is necessary.

Question Two:

I would love separate beds, separate rooms, but would be OK with same room if she felt it was absolutely necessary.

Question Three:

Most happy couples have plenty of sex, regardless of sleeping situation.

What say the rest of you?

I definitely would want to share a bed with my partner. I prefer the room to be warm too, but not to the point where Im sweating. I don't like freezing while I'm trying to sleep. Warmth is more relaxing to me :shrug:. As for sharing a bed and sex. It really shouldn't make a difference if both parties are happy.

Me and my hand have to be in the same room at nearly all times. It's a pretty rough life.

After my last two relationships. I do enjoy sleeping with someone in a nice cool room. If it gets too hot, more clothes simply come off. I generally sleep shirtless and in shorts but sometimes I'll just say fuck it and sleep naked.

It's not mandatory that I sleep in the same bed with them but I'd prefer it, it absolutely leads to more sex sharing the same bed.

I don't understand how people out there sleep in a "cold room". One of the worst parts of having roommates is how they always leave windows open at night, even when the temp tempature dips below freezing and sometimes below 10°. Or they will turn on the damn fan, have my ass freezing all night.

I've only had three partners though, including the one im currently dating, and to avoid having sex we mutually agreed to simply never sleep in the same bed or room... unless we are camping or something.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The issue with sleeping in a warm room is that there isn't anything you can do to cool off if you suddenly get really warm. Cool room means more blankets. Get too hot? Pull one off. Personally I can't sleep without a blanket or two anyways so it works out fine.

A better question is, do you use a fan/would you be able to sleep with your partner if they did/did not use one?

BTW we've had this thread before like a year ago I'm almost 100% on that.

Count me among those who need a fan to sleep. I got used to it when I was like 10 and never got out of it. I sleep like shit when I sleep somewhere else and I can't use a fan.

In a relationship I prefer to share a bed. I'm just a sucker for affection.

I like a warm room, the girlfriend likes it cold. Needless to say, I sleep in a cold room with multiple fans going... :lol:

• Upvote 2

giphy.gif

She's white, and it's her idea of "fun", I would never in a million years suggest, or want to go camping. Lol

She's white, and it's her idea of "fun", I would never in a million years suggest, or want trouble go camping. Lol

My girl is white...and you know what she says about camping?

GIF-WTF-is-this-shit-What-the-fuck-is-th

^Good man for using a gif containing a Liverpool player.

I always knew you were a Red at heart. <3

^Good man for using a gif containing a Liverpool player.

I always knew you were a Red at heart. <3

You have a better chance getting milk from my tits than that happening, partner.

I wouldn't say it is completely vital but it's definitely preferred on my end. I've never lived with a significant other but any time I stay over or they stay over we would always sleep in the same bed.

As for the noise thing, I used to need complete silence but now I can pretty much sleep whether there is noise or not. As for warmth my current girlfriend has about a billion blankets and pillows so cool room is preferred since there are plenty of options for warming up.

And I would say sleeping together would be more intimate and thus lead to more sex.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

A better question is, do you use a fan/would you be able to sleep with your partner if they did/did not use one?

BTW we've had this thread before like a year ago I'm almost 100% on that.

Absolutely not. I need the cool air around me in order to not sweat while sleeping and the white noise drowns out any other sounds that would otherwise keep the mind stimulated. House sounds aren't a big of a deal. It's the vibrating of a cell phone or the wind outside or someone driving by in a car. If we lived in the country and she agreed to have a window open for the white noise of nature outside along with keeping the room cool, I would try it.

As for same thread--we've had something similar but I don't know if it was this exact topic.

Logically separate beds is better, but something about it just feels wrong to me.

My girl is white...and you know what she says about camping?

GIF-WTF-is-this-shit-What-the-fuck-is-th

That's... Crazy. Lol. I guess things are different in PA. :p

Camping is awesome...if you like being devoured by mosquitoes regardless of how many bug repellent methods you use.

• Upvote 1

The old white people like camping cliche...

Fuck going outside.

• Upvote 1

That's... Crazy. Lol. I guess things are different in PA. :p

PA may be the most abominable state in the union...but I'll be damned if I let some snowbunny tell me I'm going camping. :bronbron:

PA may be the most abominable state in the union...but I'll be damned if I let some snowbunny tell me I'm going camping. :bronbron:

Stop accusing PA of being that giant shithole they call Florida.

• Upvote 1

Hey now, you leave my state out of this.

Hey now, you leave my state out of this.

Gladly.