Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

Sueños y Aventuras en Colombia

I speak for everyone, Sarge. Post pics pls

The pics will come once I start meeting bigger groups of girls. This weekend maybe? Apparently that's what you have to do to get into a lot of the nightclubs here. They don't let guys fly solo inside. You have to arrive with girls. I'm still trying to work on my social network. Slowly making some headway.

• Upvote 1

Or just slip the bouncer a Benjamin (or the Colombian equivalent).

Requiring you to have a group of girls with you to gain entrance to a club is international law

The pics will come once I start meeting bigger groups of girls. This weekend maybe? Apparently that's what you have to do to get into a lot of the nightclubs here. They don't let guys fly solo inside. You have to arrive with girls. I'm still trying to work on my social network. Slowly making some headway.

We don't want excuses, we want our demands met.

• Upvote 1

Wow that's a beautiful view, Sarge. How nice is your apartment?

I've been watching Narcos on Netflix, (great show btw) I can only imagine how hot the girls there are irl

• Upvote 1

Wow that's a beautiful view, Sarge. How nice is your apartment?

I've been watching Narcos on Netflix, (great show btw) I can only imagine how hot the girls there are irl

My apartment isnt really that high end. It's plenty nice enough for me though. I have everything I need. Cable, wifi, hot water, comfy bed, A/C, etc...

Here's what I'll say about the women here so far. They are very beautiful and also very smart and flaky. I've had a few dates flake on me already. Not really a huge deal, I'm just noticing that someone's word isn't really good for anything here compared to back home. When I asked a girl why she blatantly lied about wanting to see me, she said this was just the culture here and I had to get used to it. Needless to say I haven't spoken to her since.

Just gotta keep moving. Lots of beautiful women here that would love to meet me, especially as my Spanish continues to improve every day it seems.

Edit: I think a lot of the girls here are attracted to me but they're afraid of me. Maybe they think I can't speak Spanish (they're right), maybe they think I wont stay very long, so they don't want to try a relationship with me. I totally get why they wouldn't want to fall for a foreigner so fast. I don't think there are going to be many easy lays for me here.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

You posted pictures that aren't of beautiful Colombian women...

:disgust:

These hoes even less loyal

Actually loyalty isn't the problem. It's not like her and I were dating. It's very hard for me as an outsider who barely speaks the language to gain the trust of the people here. Same goes for the men. Friendships aren't coming that easily. It's going to take more time. The good news is I've only been here 3 weeks.

This is why I said the first 6 months are gonna be hard and confusing. :yep:

13102760_10153610198490886_9090957086517

Bandeja Paisa -- a very typical Colombian lunch.

That looks pretty delicious.

I'm still full from it. Here it's common to eat a huge lunch and a small dinner. Maybe that's one of the reasons I'm losing weight.

I'm still full from it. Here it's common to eat a huge lunch and a small dinner. Maybe that's one of the reasons I'm losing weight.

Fairly typical in Central and South America. When I was in Chile they have a tradition called once (11 in Spanish) where they drink tea and eat pastries/sweets a little before having a small dinner. Large dinners are typically reserved for special guests and occasions.

Sounds like you're adjusting pretty well, dude. And your language will only get better with practice and exposure. :yep:

This is awesome to read and a super cool to track your growth. Do you live in Bucaramanga?

I do live in Bucaramanga. I'll be honest when I say that some things here are incredibly frustrating. But I actually do love it here. I could see myself staying here a long time.