DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

2 straight 41 point games, The King is back.

Also as much as I like Steph Curry his reaction to getting tossed was a little OTT and his misses tweeting the game was fixed was laughable.

Time to see who will be Mr Game 7, Cavs with the historic come back or small ball over all.

NBA got exactly what they wanted. Either the GOAT Warriors win back-to-back and have the greatest season ever against LeBron, or LeBron wins one for Cleveland and is the first ever to come back from 3-1 and ends the 73-9 season.

IMO, the way these last two series have removed the Warriors from "Best Team Ever" conversations. Still great obviously, but not the level of the 96 bulls.

Without a doubt, i think Harrison Barnes has made a case for being the third member of the Cavs big 3 this series over Love and Thompson...

Haha, missing every shot leads you to that conclusion? :D Richard Jefferson is love. Richard Jefferson is life.

Don't knock Tristian Thompson. He's had a fantastic finals.

• Upvote 1

13428655_10154961081079535_7839023280664

That's clearly fake. LeBron is a grow man with 3 kids.

Also as much as I like Steph Curry his reaction to getting tossed was a little OTT and his misses tweeting the game was fixed was laughable.

I like to consider myself pretty objective and not at all invested in this series. I'm a Timberwolves "fan", after all (in the sense that I'm technically a fan of every team from Minnesota).

That being said, Steph Curry is probably my least favorite athlete in the world right now. I'm probably forgetting some douchebag in the NFL or something like that, and my knowledge of athletes outside of the NBA and NFL is pretty lacking, but he is the worst. He's very subtle about it, but he's also very cocky and arrogant. I've also had the impression that he's quite immature as well, and last night didn't help his case (though really, no one cares what a 19 year old on the Internet thinks of one of the best players of the last two years).

Steph is a great player, but I don't get how people like him... at all.

This instance was easily the least worrisome, and absolutely looked 100% incidental. I mean, I can't even tell where he almost makes contact. If LeBron doesn't try to be the asshole who steps over him, nothing happens at all. Seems like a very fishy suspension to me. I understand that Draymond was pushing his lock, but that doesn't justify the softest and most questionable flagrant foul in NBA history.

Frankly, I think Draymond should have been suspended from that nut shot against the OKC player. At first I thought it was entirely accidental, but the more I watch it the more I think he did that on purpose. I don't care for Draymond Green, but I don't outright hate him, but he pretty much deserved that suspension.

Curry let success get to his head. He is one of the most unlike able guys now

• Upvote 1

Unlikeable... Curry? A guy that is a team player? That isn't an attention whore with the media or a diva on the court? The guy goes out there and plays his game every single night and the one time he has some emotions about the refs who had questionable calls EVERYWHERE the entire night he's now some pretentious douchebag?

But oh. Let's just worship the guy that does this?

5741126c1600002a00f94193.gif

Let's worship the guy that has called out teammates, coaches and refs in the past multiple times because he hasn't had shit gone his way?

Give me a fucking break. Lebron is the most arrogant douchebag in all of sports and it's not even close. Curry had a valid reason to be upset since they were giving fouls out like candy.

I will implode if Cleveland wins and probably will chokeslam someone if that douchebag wins a title tomorrow.

Does it bother you that Lebron is better than Curry Charles?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Get out of here, edgelord

Kyrie is carrying the Cavs, not that douchebag.

• Downvote 4

Get out of here, edgelord

Kyrie is carrying the Cavs, not that douchebag.

Lebron leads everyone in this series in every meaningful stat. Stop being blinded by your hate.

Lebron's flopping is hilarious(ly bad).

But Curry does come across as super immature a lot of the time.

They are both fun to watch, but neither are guys that I would say that I am actively rooting for or anything like that.

It's hard to like LeBron. While he doesn't get into trouble off the court or anything, and his support of such a shithole in Cleveland and Ohio in general (because it's where he's from) is heartwarming, he is the epitome of what's wrong with basketball nowadays. Coaches are no longer allowed to coach, and you know why? Because the best player in the world dictated it with his constant under-the-radar whining if things are exactly how he wants them. Now we've got second tier stars like James Harden refusing to take any coaching whatsoever because...well, LeBron does it, so why can't I? Star players have begun to pick and choose their teammates, creating superteams that often cakewalk through their conference playoffs. You know why? Because LeBron thought it'd be great to play with his buddies.

LeBron James is an incredible player and a joy to watch, but as a person I can't like him because I honestly feel like he's ruined a lot that was great about basketball. So many players are uncoachable, now. It's ridiculous. LeBron's whining about coaching even got a very good coach in David Blatt fired in favor of Lue, who is nothing special whatsoever. His rotations are silly. His decision to start Tristan Thompson was fucking dumb and only worked out because the East is a laughingstock.

• Upvote 2

Unlikeable... Curry? A guy that is a team player? That isn't an attention whore with the media or a diva on the court? The guy goes out there and plays his game every single night and the one time he has some emotions about the refs who had questionable calls EVERYWHERE the entire night he's now some pretentious douchebag?

But oh. Let's just worship the guy that does this?

5741126c1600002a00f94193.gif

Let's worship the guy that has called out teammates, coaches and refs in the past multiple times because he hasn't had shit gone his way?

Give me a fucking break. Lebron is the most arrogant douchebag in all of sports and it's not even close. Curry had a valid reason to be upset since they were giving fouls out like candy.

I will implode if Cleveland wins and probably will chokeslam someone if that douchebag wins a title tomorrow.

I've disliked Curry long before that little temper tantrum. It's not easy to pick up on, but he's very subtly a cocky douchebag. Lebron is a lot more open about it, but it doesn't change the fact that deep down Curry is a cocky douchebag.

I also don't worship Lebron at all. I really don't give a damn about him. I was rooting for the Cavs because I wanted Love and Mo Williams to get a title, but it's hard to root for them because Love has sucked and I don't even think I've seen Mo play.

tJaBJjl.gif

I laughed way too hard at this. Thank you.

If you're an advocate for Lebron over Curry that's cool.

But just know you are part of the problem with America. Curry has done nothing wrong but play the game right ever since he came in...ever since he was at Davidson.

I'm a Bulls fan. So yes. My hatred for the Cavs runs deep within me, but as Bware said. Lebron has played an active part in destroying the game.

That being said, Steph Curry is probably my least favorite athlete in the world right now. I'm probably forgetting some douchebag in the NFL or something like that, and my knowledge of athletes outside of the NBA and NFL is pretty lacking, but he is the worst. He's very subtle about it, but he's also very cocky and arrogant. I've also had the impression that he's quite immature as well, and last night didn't help his case (though really, no one cares what a 19 year old on the Internet thinks of one of the best players of the last two years).

Steph is a great player, but I don't get how people like him... at all.

Curry let success get to his head. He is one of the most unlike able guys now

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I loved Steph and Klay back when Mark Jackson was there and then suddenly Curry let the hype hit him in the ego and now I can't stand him.

If you're an advocate for Lebron over Curry that's cool.

But just know you are part of the problem with America. Curry has done nothing wrong but play the game right ever since he came in...ever since he was at Davidson.

I'm a Bulls fan. So yes. My hatred for the Cavs runs deep within me, but as Bware said. Lebron has played an active part in destroying the game.

Not an advocate for Lebron at all. Absolutely hated the Heat during his tenure there strictly because of Lebron. How he behaves is deplorable, especially considering he pretty much launched a coup against Blatt. I sincerely hope that he isn't one of those guys that cheats on his wife, because that would make him 100% unlikable.

I don't know if I like Curry more than Lebron. I'll just go with that I don't care for Lebron and I straight up don't like Curry. I won't go as far as saying that means I prefer Lebron. It's a weird situation... I just don't like Curry. I don't know what he was like before last season, but pretty much as soon as I watched him play last year and during his various post-game interviews he just had this super subtle but very cocky attitude that drove me crazy.

I like Steph and LeBron. Greatness is fun, and they are both great. I will be happy for whichever one of them wins tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

It's hard to like LeBron. While he doesn't get into trouble off the court or anything, and his support of such a shithole in Cleveland and Ohio in general (because it's where he's from) is heartwarming, he is the epitome of what's wrong with basketball nowadays. Coaches are no longer allowed to coach, and you know why? Because the best player in the world dictated it with his constant under-the-radar whining if things are exactly how he wants them. Now we've got second tier stars like James Harden refusing to take any coaching whatsoever because...well, LeBron does it, so why can't I? Star players have begun to pick and choose their teammates, creating superteams that often cakewalk through their conference playoffs. You know why? Because LeBron thought it'd be great to play with his buddies.

LeBron James is an incredible player and a joy to watch, but as a person I can't like him because I honestly feel like he's ruined a lot that was great about basketball. So many players are uncoachable, now. It's ridiculous. LeBron's whining about coaching even got a very good coach in David Blatt fired in favor of Lue, who is nothing special whatsoever. His rotations are silly. His decision to start Tristan Thompson was fucking dumb and only worked out because the East is a laughingstock.

Dude you live in North Dakota. o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg

People are complaining about Curry's ego, yet BronBron has been insanely egotistical ever since returning to the Cavs. Like come on. If you were a mechanical god like Curry, you'd be a little cocky too.