DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

Building a Brick House Barnes better than Bogut? ROFL.

And JD, Bogut is their rim protector and best rebounder. He negates so many of Cleveland's extra possessions last night. Don't underestimate the impact of a great defensive Center.

Just to clarify, I'm not selling short what Cleveland accomplished. Just pointing out that Bogut would have made a difference.

Barnes is a critical part of the death lineup

Every lineup needs a guy who likes to miss wide open shots.

Some dumb team is going to max him lol

Lebron now has the same amount of rings Jordan did at his age.

• Upvote 1

Man this all so surreal. I've never seen so many people come together. Every where people are still celebrating. I love this moment. Not gonna lie I cried. We've waited so long for this. No more choking. They made the impossible seem possible. Lebron cemented his legacy and Kyrie gave us our own "The Shot".

which late-game moment was bigger last night, The Shot or The Block? I'm genuinely not sure so I'd be interested to hear from someone who actually watched the game with a rooting interest

Love seems lost in his role and honestly would not be surprised if the Cavs moved him. Tristan Thompson is an in the paint grinder fits a lot better offensively with Bron ad Kyrie.

LeBron became the first player to leads a finals series in Points, blocks, assists, steals and rebounds. That's how dominant he was.

Edited by Bangy

LeBron James is the best all around player in league history.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

which late-game moment was bigger last night, The Shot or The Block? I'm genuinely not sure so I'd be interested to hear from someone who actually watched the game with a rooting interest

I think the shot will be remembered more while the block was a defining career moment for Lebron. So the shot for me was a bigger moment. The excitement in the bar was insane after that. I think that was the moment people realized they may actually do it. Edited by Bucman

That's tough. I want to say the shot and that's probably my answer, but that block was huge. The block was the turning point (GS goes up by 2 at that point), but the shot was the most clutch event of the game. Does that make sense, or no? lol

I think at this point it would be a mistake to move Kevin Love. He was great in the eastern conference playoffs and struggled against the GSW. He looks like a bad fit, and it looks like he doesnt work with them at times but you dont take out whats working unless if you can get something better in return, and I don't see that happening.

But that shouldnt come as a surprise as they have such a unique roster, and especially that death lineup. Against OKC or any other western conference squad he'd be fine.

I think the shot will be remembered more while the block was a defining career moment for Lebron. So the shot for me was a bigger moment. The excitement in the bar was insane after that. I think that was the moment people realized they may actually do it.

that's interesting, because to me watching I think I thought of The Block as a bigger moment of realization, because prior to that I had pretty much assumed the Warriors would score some more points, I didn't think there was any way Cleveland would hold them scoreless for the last four and a half minutes, but after that block and everything required to make it happen I started to think "maybe Cleveland does only need one more bucket"

I said this in the shoutbox last night but with the game tied at 89 late in the 4th quarter.. I was just waiting for the Warriors to sink some clutch 3s and take it. No team has come back from 3 - 1.... The Warriors had not lost 3 straight in like three years... No team had come back from a 3 - 1 deficit and then lost after up 3 - 1 in the same playoffs.... The Warriors are typically the closers and Lebron and Co are typically the chokers.

But history kind of rewrote itself in that Game 7. And I do feel like I have to give some props, because some of the Warriors stayed out on the court, through the initial celebration to congratulate the Cavs -- namely Steph and Draymond. So shout out to them for being class acts in defeat.

They talked about this on Mike and Mike this morning.. but it's crazy to think how even after 13 years in the league how drastically Lebron's legacy shifted in merely 3 games.

They talked about this on Mike and Mike this morning.. but it's crazy to think how even after 13 years in the league how drastically Lebron's legacy shifted in merely 3 games.

Yes. If they lost this series it really would've felt like they never would've. This championship makes LeBron's career gravy. Cleveland fans will love him forever even if he never wins another.

so in all four major sports now the team that has the most regular season wins in league history did not win the Championship that season:

NFL: 2007 Patriots (16 wins - lost in Super Bowl)

MLB: 2001 Mariners/1906 Cubs (116 wins - lost in ALCS/World Series respectively)

NHL: 1995-1996 Red Wings (62 wins - lost in WCF)

NBA: 2015-2016 Warriors (73 wins - lost in League Finals)

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

The Warriors had 73 wins. :mjtears:

The Warriors had 73 wins. :mjtears:

That's what I get for trying to do that quick from memory, my bad

Klay Thompson cheated on his babe of a girlfriend?!

Why did I not hear about this back when it happened????

Wtf!

Anybody see LeBron's interview with SVP yesterday. He was drunk as hell lol

So, where are we putting :bronbron: all-time now?

Edited by Vin
can't spell/type/anything

Top 5. Magic, MJ, Kareem, Wilt still ahead of him in my mind.