DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Playoff Thread

Ibaka could not stop Aldridge at all today, while Kawhi and Green showed they can contain Westbrook and Durant quite well. How can a "defense" allow 105pts in 3 quarters?

San Antonio's pick and roll is deadly...

Green hitting 3's really makes defending that so much more difficult. Spurs really playing great team ball on both ends.

Defensively, Leonard on Westbrook is def the answer.

Thunder can make this a series...but they need to do so quick

Wow. Those referees from Spurs/Thunder should be DONE for the rest of the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Whoever wins the Spurs/Thunder series is my team going forward for playoffs. I wouldn't be mad to see GS repeat, there's just a bunch of players I like on both teams. I didn't catch the game last night though. What happened with the refs?

A fan was holding Steven Adams arm on the final shot. He has to be banned from ever attending a game again

Huge fan of the Spurs and hope they move on to the finals. In the east, of course I want the Cavs there. The only team that scares me is the Heat and that's only moderate. I don't think LeBron plays his best against that team.

I hate the Heat more than I should and it's directed right at the people of Miami and not at the Heat org.

Huge fan of the Spurs and hope they move on to the finals. In the east, of course I want the Cavs there. The only team that scares me is the Heat and that's only moderate. I don't think LeBron plays his best against that team.

I hate the Heat more than I should and it's directed right at the people of Miami and not at the Heat org.

You mean the people that left Cleveland for Miami and then returned to Cleveland because of LeDouche? If so..you should hate Cleveland more than Miami :smug:

You mean the people that left Cleveland for Miami and then returned to Cleveland because of LeDouche? If so..you should hate Cleveland more than Miami :smug:

Nah, that's not what I meant at all. There was a super small minority of fans in Cleveland that followed LeBron to Miami. It was very rare to see any heat gear up here. I hate and have hated Miami fans for years. I'm not saying it's logical, it just is. They are a bandwagon, fair weather city when it comes to their sports teams. They come late and leave early.

Nah, that's not what I meant at all. There was a super small minority of fans in Cleveland that followed LeBron to Miami. It was very rare to see any heat gear up here. I hate and have hated Miami fans for years. I'm not saying it's logical, it just is. They are a bandwagon, fair weather city when it comes to their sports teams. They come late and leave early.

I figued that's what you meant...that's just how Florida sports is...it's sad really.

Cavs record 3pts made in a single game reaction

tZ20ZXt.jpg

Channing Frye tho :smug:

Edited by Bucman

Cavs record 3pts made in a single game reaction

tZ20ZXt.jpg

Y'all ain't beating Miami haha

Miami can barely beat the shitty Raptors.

Conversely, the Raptors can barely beat the shitty Heat.

Miami could potentially beat Cleveland with Bosh, but they need Whiteside to get healthy in order to win this series and win any games against Cleveland. Toronto could compete with Cleveland if they get Jonas back healthy.

It's a 5-6 game series, either way. Toronto is a good team, but they're very poorly coached. Miami might do slightly better because Spo.

Edited by BwareDWare94

So who would have thought that San Antonio could lose to anyone in less than 7 other than GSW? I really think Oklahoma City is going to overwhelm them in game 6 and take this series.

San Antonio and Golden State beat OKC if they do one thing--get Adams in foul trouble. The instant Kanter is on the floor the defense for the Thunder goes downhill. I think he's gotten better but he's not even close to Adams.

Edited by BwareDWare94

So somehow after not doing a very good job all year, Donovan is now out-coaching Pop in the playoffs?

Record =/= Coaching ability

We lost a lot of games this year because they were figuring shit out. Rotations were everywhere, but in the playoffs he's made adjustments. Aldridge has been mostly shut down by Ibaka and these past two games have been won largely due to that adjustment. Adams is great, but he was getting owned by Adridge's mid-range J.

I'm not saying Donovan is out-coaching Pop, not sure anyone is. But he got way too much flack all season because they weren't chasing records like GSW and SAS in his first year as an NBA coach.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Yeah..it's not so much out-coaching as it is he's making adjustments to whatever the Spurs throw at them. Never liked Donovan, but he knows how to tweak lineups/matchups mid-game pretty well.

I'm not saying Donovan is out-coaching Pop, not sure anyone is. But he got way too much flack all season because they weren't chasing records like GSW and SAS in his first year as an NBA coach.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I was saying that. I didn't think Donovan did a good job this season, but he's done a great job this series. I'm more surprised as that was something I did not see coming at all.

• Upvote 1

Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I was saying that. I didn't think Donovan did a good job this season, but he's done a great job this series. I'm more surprised as that was something I did not see coming at all.

Ah, gotcha. You're inherently sarcastic in my mind and I thought you were responding to Phail.