Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Louisiana passes "Blue Lives Matter" law

I tried, Thanatos, I really tried but I got two lines in and my brain sort of glazed over. The thing I hate about these groups that fight for equality is that some of them just want to be the oppressors instead of wanting to treat people fairly. Like the classic, "I'm not racist because I'm a minority but all white people should kill themselves." or "I'm a feminist and I just want equality, but actually feminism is about women's liberation and men should just shut up and be our servants." bullshit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Preach Razor... PREACH. Saying tuff like that though usually make you a racist or misogynist though.

Edited by Favre4Ever

13620035_935196696590778_391778411440463

Interesting background I just found out about this guy (somebody shared it on Facebook and a little bit of googling had it verified by a number of sources) shortly after David Brown was promoted to Chief his son was killed in a shootout with police. By all accounts, the shootout his son was involved in was a shootout, David Brown Jr. was apparently high on PCP and shot and killed an officer and a civilian. Clearly that's not really comparable to the recent cases that have brought police reform back to national attention, but I still think it's an important thing to know about his background.

What are you insinuating Ooch? :think:

What are you insinuating Ooch? :think:

I'm not insinuating anything, I'm just relaying a story that I think is interesting. Honestly, I don't really know what to make of the story. I do think that it means that the issue of violent confrontations between officers and civilians may have a more personal impact on him than it would on other police chiefs. But, like I said it seems like his son was in a much different situation than "shot in a traffic stop," so maybe it doesn't actually have much of any bearing.

well this is pretty awesome:

BLM protest changed to cookout

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita Police Chief, Gordon Ramsay, says he has been working with Black Lives Matter leaders, and a protest that was planned for Sunday is being canceled.
Instead, the police department is hosting a cookout at McAdams Park. Black Lives Matter leaders are calling it the First Steps BBQ.
Chief Ramsay says the event is a much more positive way for police and activists to interact, as opposed to meeting head to head at protest line.
Many have come forward to donate to help fund the cookout. Ramsay says by the time you pay for additional officers and overtime that needed for a protest, a cookout is actually cheaper.
The Wichita Police Department has event details on their Facebook page. So far, the cookout is gathering a positive response, with many suggesting Wichita's example should be followed across the country.

• Upvote 1

dhMeAzK.gif?noredirect

also lmao at his name being Gordon Ramsay.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

THIS PROTEST IS SO RAW EVEN MALCOLM X SAID NO THANKS.

And the insidious thing about hate groups is there are a lot of people who are there just because they feel like black lives are being marginalized by society as a whole and want to be treated legitimately like people and not just criminals. But there are always those who don't want to make their cause about making things better, they want to respond to intolerance with greater intolerance because apparently Hammurabi didn't know shit about shit.

It's being reported that BLM blocked an ambulance in Chicago for 43 minutes, during which time the patient in the back died. There is video of the incident on youtube, and certainly someone blocked the ambulance, I'm just not finding any evidence that it was BLM.

Regardless, whoever did this should be jailed and charged with manslaughter.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

"Hey! Heeeeyyyy! We're sick of our people being hurt, so we're going to...regularly hurt people and destroy property, not to mention affect peoples' lives."

How many drivers with conditions like Crohn's and IBS have suffered severe cramps waiting in their cars? How many people with arthritis have had flare-ups because they've been stuck in their cars much longer than they intended to be? How many peoples' medical conditions have flared because of these assholes?

You don't create more good by doing more harm than good.

Edited by BwareDWare94

http://theundefeated.com/features/michael-jordan-i-can-no-longer-stay-silent/

As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing of police officers. I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.

“I was raised by parents who taught me to love and respect people regardless of their race or background, so I am saddened and frustrated by the divisive rhetoric and racial tensions that seem to be getting worse as of late. I know this country is better than that, and I can no longer stay silent. We need to find solutions that ensure people of color receive fair and equal treatment AND that police officers – who put their lives on the line every day to protect us all – are respected and supported.

“Over the past three decades I have seen up close the dedication of the law enforcement officers who protect me and my family. I have the greatest respect for their sacrifice and service. I also recognize that for many people of color their experiences with law enforcement have been different than mine. I have decided to speak out in the hope that we can come together as Americans, and through peaceful dialogue and education, achieve constructive change

“To support that effort, I am making contributions of $1 million each to two organizations, the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s newly established Institute for Community-Police Relations and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. The Institute for Community-Police Relations’ policy and oversight work is focused on building trust and promoting best practices in community policing. My donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, the nation’s oldest civil rights law organization, will support its ongoing work in support of reforms that will build trust and respect between communities and law enforcement. Although I know these contributions alone are not enough to solve the problem, I hope the resources will help both organizations make a positive difference.

“We are privileged to live in the world’s greatest country – a country that has provided my family and me the greatest of opportunities. The problems we face didn’t happen overnight and they won’t be solved tomorrow, but if we all work together, we can foster greater understanding, positive change and create a more peaceful world for ourselves, our children, our families and our communities.”

I'm never gonna hate on a man like Jordan for giving, but my reaction when I first learned about this, and my reaction after sleeping it over and talking to others hasn't changed.

james-harden-sideeye-gif.gif

Shooting black people is legal in the US.

http://www.local10.com/news/no-charges-to-be-filed-against-north-miami-police-commander-in-charles-kinsey-shooting

Edit: Not really. Cop who actually shot him is still going to trial. I can't read well. Keeping this for posterity.

Edited by blotsfan

Why did those tweets have to mention that they were going after white people? All Lives Matter

Edited by blotsfan
  • Downvote 1

Why did those tweets have to mention that they were going after white people? All Lives Matter

Cmon blots. It doesn't even matter at this point. If a black person is killed by a white person or a cop of any color, there is a large segment of BLM that doesn't wait for the facts of the case, they jump to conclusions and do things like burn down a gas station, or impede an ambulance, or stop a highway from flowing.

Arrest the entire lot of the rioters that are standing there chanting that while burning it down and throw them all in jail for a week.

Edited by Thanatos

Cmon blots. It doesn't even matter at this point. If a black person is killed by a white person or a cop of any color, there is a large segment of BLM that doesn't wait for the facts of the case, they jump to conclusions and do things like burn down a gas station, or impede an ambulance, or stop a highway from flowing.

Arrest the entire lot of the rioters that are standing there chanting that while burning it down and throw them all in jail for a week.

wikipedian_protester.png

Why did the tweets have to mention they were going after white people.

"THERE'S A WHITE GUY GET HIM."

Apparently all lives matter is dumb until someone says it to defend assaulting a white guy.

Edited by Chernobyl426

It demonstrates how dumb it is to say "All Lives Matter" when it is clearly something effecting one group of people. Similar to how its dumb to say "All Lives Matter" when we deal with a consistent pattern of cops murdering black people without repercussions.

wikipedian_protester.png

How about every single one of their official twitter accounts?