RazorStar

All Division Teams (ALL DONE)

I knew Johnathan Joseph was criminally underrated by the media, but I didn't think he'd slide under your nose as well. He's much better than McCourty IMO. Other than that, your list looks pretty damn solid.

Murray and Miller over Chris Ivory? Come on son.

Nobody likes Chris Ivory, Chris Ivory is the space between the balls and the asshole.

• Upvote 2

Chris Ivory is perhaps the most explosive running back in the division, but he can also disappear for stretches at a time. When used properly, Murray and Miller don't disappear.

Man, I'm not even sure the offensive line matters with receivers and TE's like that. Lamar Miller is a pretty good pass catcher out of the backfield.

I'd love to see all of these and then have TGP vote on them head to head.

Give me Wiliamson over Jackson... Other then that, no complaints here...

Soon to be Myles Jack :troll: but yeah, here's Jackson getting bodied by rookie drunk ass shit mechanics Bortles with his eyes for a long Hurns TD in Blake's first ever regular season game action:

TallReasonableAnaconda.gif

AFC West:

QB:

Philip Rivers, Chargers

This one isn’t much of a competition, Rivers has consistently played like a top 10 QB since he took the reins for the Chargers, and while Derek Carr has been impressive for a young QB, he hasn’t been nearly consistent enough to take Rivers to task for this. Alex Smith is a limited QB, but he’s in the right system to maximize his talent and do the most for the Chiefs as he is.

HB:

1. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs

2. Latavius Murray, Raiders

While Charles took a year off due to injury last year, his explosiveness and game breaking ability cannot be denied. We know runningbacks drop suddenly and without warning though, so you always need to be cautious with those players. Latavius makes the second spot, and with an improved offensive line he should be even better at breaking out big gains. He needs to work on his fumbling issue though, he has been a major reason for a few of the Raiders losses last year.

WR:

1. Emmanuel Sanders, Broncos

2. Demaryius Thomas, Broncos

3. Amari Cooper, Raiders

We might have seen a down year from Demaryius, especially in the playoffs, but given the QB’s he had to work with, it’s an excusable lapse in play. However if this scenario continue, he may have to be scrubbed from the list, despite being a physical freak. Sanders has been the more consistent receiver of the two, which is why I gave him the decorative nod of being the top spot of this crew. Amari may only be a second year player, but he impressed for the Raiders and still has room for improvement. Keenan Allen is right on the heels of being included in this group, but he hasn’t been on the field often enough to break through.

TE:

1. Travis Kelce, Chiefs

2. Antonio Gates, Chargers

At the very least, the top two tight ends in the West are pretty stacked. Kelce has broken out as one of the best pass catching Tight Ends in the game, while Gates has been in that conversation since his rookie year. I’m sure Philip Rivers has longed for the day when Antonio Gates was no longer automatically his first, third and emergency option, and now he isn’t.

Offensive Line:

LT: Russell Okung, Broncos

LG: Orlando Franklin, Chargers

C: Mitch Morse, Chiefs

RG: Kelechi Osemele, Raiders

RT: Mitchell Schwartz, Chiefs

Swing: Eric Fisher, Chiefs

AKA the all tackles offensive line. Okung is a great player, but it’s likely he only plays 8 games this year. Eric Fisher may not be able to handle the pass rushers in this division, but he can push a pile and open holes for his group of runningbacks, and this team is really good at pushing a defensive line around. Mitch Morse is mosly here on potential, but no one has really stood as a strong centre candidate. And yes, I’m aware Rodney Hudson got PAID but I’ve never been that impressed with him. Morse did good work his rookie year, and if he keeps it up, then I’m vindicated. Guard play was definitely tough, and I was thinking of moving Slauson from Centre back to guard to fill a spot, but I figure Franklin was good as a RT, and we still haven’t really seen him play guard, so benefit of the doubt to my former boy. Osemele is a good fit at guard, and one of the few guys who can fill all 5 slots. Schwartz mans the RT spot as he is a legitimate RT, and not just the second best LT in a division (see Donald Penn). BEEF IT UP.

Defense 3-4 (3 of 4 teams run it, Oakland will have to make due)

Defensive Line:

DE: Derek Wolfe, Broncos

NT: Brandon Mebane, Chargers

DE: Jaye Howard, Chiefs

Rotational: Dan Williams, Raiders

It’s kind of unfair how stacked the defensive lines are in this division, especially when you consider I’m leaving out Corey Liuget, Allen Bailey and Sly Williams. This defense is gonna get after you, and you are not gonna have an easy time stopping them.

Linebackers:

ILB: Brandon Marshall, Broncos

ILB: Derrick Johnson, Chiefs

OLB: Von Miller, Broncos

OLB: Khalil Mack, Raiders

Rotational: Justin Houston, Chiefs

It’s also unfair how stacked the outside linebackers are in this division. Von Miller and Khalil Mack are already unstoppable, and then you add Justin Houston to the mix? Keep in mind, Melvin Ingram, DeMarcus Ware and Tamba Hali all fail to crack this list, and I’m confident they could find a few all division rosters to start on. Meanwhile Brandon Marshall and Derrick Johnson clean up the inside, picking up the tackles like dirty laundry. Johnson has been doing it for a long time, and this is the first year Marshall has really stepped up to the plate and started doing a great job cleaning up.

Secondary:

CB: Chris Harris, Broncos

CB: Aqib Talib, Broncos

SS: T.J. Ward, Broncos

FS: Eric Berry, Chiefs

NCB: Marcus Peters, Chiefs

You only need to watch the Broncos run in the playoffs to see just how dominant our secondary was at shutting down the weapons of the teams of we faced. Chris Harris has always been able to man up against anyone, and Talib is about the only cornerback insane enough to try and cover Gronk 1 on 1. TJ can hit like a truck, and spread out into coverage, and Eric Berry is a do it all hybrid safety which just makes it impossible for any offense to make a lot of positive plays on them. Nickel Corner was a bit of a debate for me, but I figured the sheer playmaking potential of Marcus Peters is worth more Jason Verrett shutting down a weapon. When you consider the defensive talent across the board, having a guy who can score some points on the defense is a valued commodity.

Special Teams:

K: Brandon McManus, Broncos

P: Dustin Colquitt, Chiefs

KR: Taiwan Jones, Raiders

They play special teams, they might even score a touchdown when no one expects it. Kickers are good people.

Chargers: 4 players (QB, TE, LG, NT)

Raiders: 6 players (Spell RB, WR3, RG, rotational DL, OLB, KR)

Broncos: 10 players (WR1, WR2, LT, DE, OLB, ILB, CB1, CB2, SS, K)

Chiefs: 11 players (RB, C, RT, Swing Tackle, DE, ILB, 3rd pass rusher, FS, NCB, P)

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 2

Phillip Rivers would be tough to stop with this team. Charles and Murray are a perfect 1-2 punch and no division will come close to matching this defense. Jaye Howard is one of the most underrated players in the game. I'm not sure I have Mebane at Nose but I guess you can stick Dan Williams in there in certain situations. Special teams is beyond stacked too. Not sure this team would be beatable tbh.

Bennie Logan should have been on this list and I think after this year Vinny Curry will take his increased snaps and turn it into a 12 sack season. I really think the potential is there for him to be a top 10 at least 4-3 DE.

Also I know DeSean Jackson isn't well liked but he'd be seeing a lot of single coverage which means a lot of big plays. How many 3rd corners can run with him and how many safeties are shitting themselves with OBJ, Dez and Jackson coming at them?

Man there's a lot of Bronco Bias for that AFCW...

Give me Crabtree over Sanders all day. Far more reliable

Crabtree is a possession type that is more consistent than Amari at this point in time. Sanders? Dude is hit or miss.

Hudson... let me just say did you watch the Raiders after Hudson got hurt? Totally changed the dynamic of the offense.

Penn is also far more reliable and consistent than Okung simply due to injuries. Pass pro Penn is still on par with Okung even when healthy.

Same goes for Gabe Jackson over Franklin...

RZ pls.

You would take Crabtree over Sanders? :huh:

A lot of people don't like Sanders on this board. Crabtree over Sanders after one decent year is just Raiders bias, though.

If not for injuries, I'd have Maclin on that board.

I knew Johnathan Joseph was criminally underrated by the media, but I didn't think he'd slide under your nose as well. He's much better than McCourty IMO. Other than that, your list looks pretty damn solid.

I was under the impression that he had declined considerably. I don't follow CBs as closely as I used too though.

If not for injuries, I'd have Maclin on that board.

But almost more importantly, if not for Alex Smith....

I was under the impression that he had declined considerably. I don't follow CBs as closely as I used too though.

He quietly had one of his best seasons last year. Only one INT, but his 22 PDefs was incredible for an at the time 31 year-old corner. He didn't have the flashy plays that you'll see replayed on ESPN, but he practically shutdown his side of the field.

• Upvote 1

He quietly had one of his best seasons last year. Only one INT, but his 22 PDefs was incredible for an at the time 31 year-old corner. He didn't have the flashy plays that you'll see replayed on ESPN, but he practically shutdown his side of the field.

:notbad: Always preferred JJ to Hall when they were both in Cincy.

• Upvote 1

Easily the best FA acquisition the Texans have ever made in their short history. :yep:

Hopefully Brock and/or Lamar can change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah I decided to go over my notes, check some more metrics, and leaving off Joseph was probably a mistake, I;m remembering Kareem's great 2014, and McCourty being more like his brother Devin than like he actually has been the past coupla years.

• Upvote 1