Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

TGP Mt. Rushmore

It's December 31st, 2024. Vin and Ed are the last remaining TGP members in the shoutbox. On Jan 1, 2025, Vin pulls the plug. But before he does, in place of the former site, the link to TGP re-directs to a Mt. Rushmore of TGP members. It's only 4 people. Who is on it?

SteVo - TGP history will remember him for many things. A radio show host. A fan-fiction author. An admin. A thoughtful poster on all things sports. A music guru. A movie buff. We've had many great members here, but Steven has truly done more than anyone else to entertain his fellow fan. From all the different games and tournaments, we can safely say TGP was a better place thanks to him.

Razor - Talk about someone who has done it all. I think Razor has annoyed and befriended every single member of TGP at the same time over the years. Or maybe its just me. His QB rankings always create tons of discussion, and he, too, is an aspiring writer who shares his talents with us often. TGP would have never been the same without him.

Zack - Let's be honest. If you go into any topic on TGP and search out posts that generate the most discussion, you're often going to find Zack's name involved somehow. And usually it's for all the right reasons. Zack doesn't take sides in an argument: he makes sides in an argument. And even when you don't agree with his side, you know there was a lot of thought that went into his posts. And he's been so consistent over the years in terms of longevity and post quality. If you suddenly deleted all of Zack's posts from TGP history, it would be a very blank slate.

Vin - The man. The myth. The legend himself. Vin is like TGP's Pikachu. He's the beginning and the end. It made me very happy the day I found out Vin was a new co-owner of TGP. There is truly nobody else that should be running a site like this. He knows all of our personalities, and this knowledge helps him keep things fun but also headed in the right direction. And yet he doesn't feel like an owner. He'll always be one of us.

Honorable Mentions (sooo close, but there is only room for 4):

- BLUE

- F4E

What say you, TGP? Who shall be enshrined for the entire history of the internet? Who will we remember most?

I'll roll out Vin, Zack, Razor, and BLUE.

BLUE is the site elder and God of the chat. Stevo gets a small face carved in for honorable mention.

I love you guys, but the reports of my contributions are greatly exaggerated. Guys like SBB and F4E should be way ahead of me on the list.

Blotsfan

Blotsfan

BC

Blotsfan

All I know is that Razor's spot will be a depiction of Calvin peeing on Peyton Manning

I love you guys, but the reports of my contributions are greatly exaggerated. Guys like SBB and F4E should be way ahead of me on the list.

The stuff we did to prep the site for what it is now was all behind the scenes. I mean, there is really nobody that knows the planning, discussions, and effort we put in to.. well.. pretty much steal the site from our former owner, who didn't stop by or care about anyone here. And when SBB was ready to wipe his hands of this place, and sell us to an advertising company, nobody was there to read the discussions I had to ensure that didn't happen (and of course, that's where you come on).

Mt. Rushmore isn't for the founding fathers. :D

I'd probably go...

SBB , NBB , Vin, Razor / Blue

The site is literally nothing without SBB self teaching himself the coding required to keep the site up and skinned and the site is literally nothing without NBB's recruiting in the early days. They are locks. I can't put myself, because how petty is that? Ha. Vin because even though he's never been the most active as far as posts, he's done more than he should have in the last year plus, and he does it just because of the love he has for the site. I can't really pick between Razor and Blue as their contributions have been unquestioned but coming in different ways.

2016 and F4E is still sucking SBB's dick.

Ha. My dislike for him is well documented. Doesn't mean I can or want to ignore the massive contributions he's had to the site.

Ha. My dislike for him is well documented. Doesn't mean I can or want to ignore the massive contributions he's had to the site.

You're not letting the hate flow through you and it disappoints me.

This site just feels like home, and anybody involved in the development and preservation of it through these years has a vote from me.