Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Zeke speaks out on O-line

:Cowboys:

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott knows he was drafted into a good situation.

Elliott, the Cowboys-first round pick, says that with the offensive line Dallas has, finding room to run should be a breeze.

“I think I probably have one of the easiest jobs in America,” he said. “I get to run behind the best O-line in America, run through those huge holes, they make your job easy.”

Elliott knows how to get on the good side of his veteran teammates. He also said ofDez Bryant, “It’s an honor to play with someone who has so much passion and so much emotion.”

Although Elliott is saying all the right things, the most important thing now is getting him healthy enough after a hamstring strain that he can be ready for live action. At that point, there may be some opponents who want to show Elliott that running the ball in the NFL isn’t as easy as he thinks.

I don't normally care about this kind of stuff, but I think this is interesting. Interesting because we have a guy that has not YET played a down in a meaningful game...saying he has the easiest job in the NFL.

If I'm a coach and one of my rookies is saying this, I'm benching his ass. Maybe it's just me but you better be working your ass off and not talking to the media about shit other than how you're getting your ass beat in practice.

Also. Save this shit for week 14 when he blames his failures as a RB on his O-line.

Edited by ATL

Meh I don't see anything wrong with his comments.

Of course not. You're a Cowboy fan, nothing anyone could say or do in your organization could possibly be of the wrong.

Eh... All the greats are delusionally arrogant when it comes to their abilities. Some are just better at hiding it. For his sake, he better hope he has a successful rookie year. This is a non-story in my book.

• Upvote 1

Of course not. You're a Cowboy fan, nothing anyone could say or do in your organization could possibly be of the wrong.

lol what? I'm constantly insulting and mocking my own franchise.

I don't really see anything wrong with it either. He's not saying he's the greatest, he's saying his offensive line is the best, so his job is an easy one. And in comparison to most other RBs, it is. Dallas' O-line is indisputably one of, if not the overall, best in the league.

Whether he's right or not, his teammates are gonna have his back all the time no matter what. Any DL/LB trying to put a late hit on him is gonna have an angry OL to deal with, for example. Probably a very good move to praise your teammates publicly like that.

I'll remember this as all of you said this is a non story have an unproven rookie back say that he has the easiest job in the NFL then fails to produce.

Yeah, he may be praising his O-line but this guy hasn't done shit for the Cowboys or the NFL.

Maybe I'm just old school and would want players on my team working their ass off instead of saying things are easy when they haven't even played in a meaningful game yet.

I take it as more of a "I have the greatest teammates in the world" than a "I don't even have to work".

:shrug:

• Upvote 1

Even though I hate Zeke all he meant was his OL was great. As Stevo said, it's a non-story :p

Has there been anything to indicate that he's not putting the work in? Reading that into this comment (which was probably in response to a question about the oline) is a really big stretch.