Bay

Roster cuts/pickups

Post the cuts and players scooped up as they happen.

:Falcons: cuts: S Sergio Brown, OL Michael Huey, RB Gus Johnson, WR Jordan Leslie, TE Arthur Lynch, LB Ivan McLennan, QB Sean Renfree, CB Ryan White, DL Brandon Williams

:panthers: cuts: LB Jared Barber, WR Avius Capers, TE Braxton Deaver, G Reese Dismukes, DT Ray Drew, OT David Foucault, WR Stephen Hill, DE Tom Lally, C Matt Masifilo, WR Miles Shuler, OT Willie Smith

:dolphins: cuts: LB Akil Blount, C/G Ruben Carter, WR A.J. Cruz, LS Ryan DiSalvo, WR Matt Hazel, TE Gabe Hughes, K Marshall Koehn, CB Al Louis-Jean, G Vinston Painter, WR Brandon Shippen, CB Brandon Harris

:Chiefs: cuts: DB Bryce Cheek, DL Niko Davis, OL Curtis Feigt, CB Malcolm Jackson, WR Seantavius Jones, LB Jonathan Massaquoi, WR Kashif Moore, C Drew Nowak

:Jets: cuts: OL Deion Barnes, DT Shelby Harris, DE Helva Matungulu, RB Lache Seastrunk, RB Terry Williams, WR Kyle Williams, TE Jason Vander Laan, K Ross Martin

:Eagles: cuts: LS John DePalma, CB Randall Evans, OL Andrew Gardner, WR Chris Givens, DT Mike Martin, S Nick Perry, WR Rueben Randle, CB Denzel Rice

:Steelers: cuts: LB Jordan Zumwalt, LB Mike Reilly, WR Issac Blakeney, WR Levi Norwood, TE Michael Cooper, DE Giorgio Newberry, DT Khaynin Mosley-Smith, CB Julian Whigham

:Bucs: cuts: S Major Wright, P Jacob Schum, DT Travis Britz, CB Daniel Davie, WR Andre Davis, OL Taylor Fallin, LB Jeremiah George, DE Martin Ifedi, RB Storm Johnson, DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen, S Kimario McFadden, TE Tevin Westbrook

:Titans: cuts: S Lamarcus Brutus, T William Campbell, WR Donte Foster, LB Amarlo Herrera, WR Reece Horn, LB Deiontrez Mount, CB Tyler Patmon, OL Nick Ritcher, DE Mike Smith, CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson. And waived (injured) C Andy Gallik.

:Redskins: cuts T Al Bond, T Cody Booth, LB Shiro Davis, LB Ejiro Ederaine, CB Jeremy Harris, LB Willie Jefferson, WR Valdez Showers, WR Dez Stewart, WR Jarvis Turner, RB Kelsey Young

Edited by Bay

:Titans: cuts: S Lamarcus Brutus, T William Campbell, WR Donte Foster, LB Amarlo Herrera, WR Reece Horn, LB Deiontrez Mount, CB Tyler Patmon, OL Nick Ritcher, DE Mike Smith, CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson. And waived (injured) C Andy Gallik.

a couple of surprises, the biggest at this point is Blidi Wreh-Wilson, he has certainly been on the hot seat but I was expecting him to survive the first round of cuts, I'm also kinda surprised to see Mount cut, but again he's somebody that I wasn't really expecting to see on the final roster

Titans also released Ropati Pitoitua, continuing the clear out of underperformers from the old regime

Edited by oochymp

:Eagles: WR Rueben Randle, Chris Givens

:Browns: dropped Paul Kruger. With the Mingo trade earlier this month, they've really gone all in on Emmanuel Ogbah and Nate Orchard. I dunno if this is gonna work out like they planned.

Emmanuel Frogbah is the future, Razor. Don't you remember?

Only cut I'm really shocked on so far is Reese Dismukes.

Edited by 7-9

Bengals cutting DiManche is a big of a shocker. Dude was a beast on special teams.

Packers cut punter Peter Mortell. Fucking shoot me int he face.

Masthay - Average punt of 42.8 yards, Net Avg 32 (returners average 10 yards on his kicks)... 3 downed inside the 20.

Mortell -Average punt of 47 yards, Net of 44.7 yards (returners average 2.3 yards)... 5 downed inside the 20.

And those numbers are after a rather lukewarm game by Mortell, which probably cost him his job.

I know the average return isn't just on the punter, it relies on the coverage to a degree as well -- but the punter should bare some responsibility. I am convinced that the Packers wouldn't know a half decent punter if he kicked them in the groins.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Titans cut David Cobb, another guy that to split hairs I expected to get through the first round of cuts but not make the 53

:Titans: second round of cuts: running back Bishop Sankey, receiver Justin Hunter, running back Dexter McCluster, fullback Sam Bergen, offensive lineman Jeremiah Poutasi, offensive lineman Will Poehls, receiver Andrew Turzilli, linebacker J.R. Tavai, linebacker Curtis Grant, cornerback B.W. Webb, defensive back Marqueston Huff, kicker Aldrick Rosas, running back David Fluellen, offensive lineman Tyler Marz, offensive lineman Ronald Patrick, receiver Ben Roberts, tight end Jerome Cunningham, tight end Alex Ellis, linebacker Justin Staples, nose tackle Antwaun Woods, cornerback Kalan Reed and defensive back Curtis Riley.

I'm really surprised to see McCluster gone, not that he was that good but Mularkey has always seemed to like him and he actually provides a change of pace, as it is we have three RBs who are all bruisers, not that I mind that of course, I'm also a little surprised to see Poutasi gone since he was in the conversation to start at LG, and it was about damn time to get rid of Hunter, Sankey, and Huff.

And here's an interesting note from ESPN's Paul Kuharsky: "In [former GM Ruston] Webster's drafts from 2011-15, he had 12 picks inside the top 100. Eight of them are gone: Receiver Dorial Green-Beckham (traded), Poutasi, Sankey, Hunter, cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson, linebackers Zaviar Gooden and Zach Brown, and defensive lineman Mike Martin." Those players were selected (respectively, I'm guessing, I just pulled the list from Kuharsky's post) 40th, 60th, 54th, 34th, 70th, 97th, 52nd and 82nd and the four who are still on the roster were first rounders.

But, the best part of this is TRE MCBRIDE MADE THE ROSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I need to figure out what to do about the fact that my Tre McBride jersey has the wrong number :smug:

Edited by oochymp

Congrats Oochy, glad your boy made the squad :yep:

Redskins cut Matt Ionnaidis who was a fifth rounder. Panthers cut Zack Sanchez who was a fifth rounder.

LOLPANTHERS LOLTHAN

• Downvote 1

It's notable that Zack is the first guy drafted by G-man who was cut and was also healthy. They must have really not liked what they saw.

They do like what they have in Worley and Bradberry. Both of them are going to start at corner and Benewikere is going to take the nickel. If we missed only on one of the three, I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

It was funny, too, because when they were drafted I liked Sanchez the best of the three. He simply struggled in the nickel position and couldn't beat out Worley or Bradberry for the outside spots. He was even behind Bene and Robert McClain as far as the outside corner position goes. Still, I'd say they would have kept him over McClain if he showed promising upside.

He'd be decent depth for a team needing a nickel corner, though. Otherwise we almost certainly put him on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Also notable: Panthers sources are reporting Sanchez was cut because Jeremy Cash beat him out for the final secondary spot. It is confirmed that Cash has made the final 53, not sure about the rumor that he took what would have been Sanchez's spot.

Edited by Thanatos

CJ Smith made the Eagles roster. Goddamn. He made an opening day roster faster than Marcus Williams did.

We cut Mark Sanchez and the Cowboys scooped him right up. We also picked up Austin Davis to be our third string guy. Huh.

We cut Mark Sanchez and the Cowboys scooped him right up. We also picked up Austin Davis to be our third string guy. Huh.

As long as Sanchez isn't on the team, they can pick up whoever they want :lol:

Don't really see the need for 3 QBs at this point though...

Edited by theMileHighGuy

All 14 of Cleveland's rookies made the 53 man roster. That's... uh... something

All 14 of Cleveland's rookies made the 53 man roster. That's... uh... something

That is a lot, but it's a new head coach on a historically struggling franchise. He's going to want to go to war with "his guys."

Packers cuts confuse the shit out of me. We kept 5 safeties... 6 if you count Micah Hyde who plays corner and safety.We also have 6 CB, 7 if you count Hyde.

We have a dangerously thing depth at ILB after we cut Sam Barrington and Beniquez Brown. We also kept 7 WRs and one of them wasn't Geronimo Allison, unfortunately.

Six UDFA made the team, which is the most for any 53 man roster in Ted Thompson's tenure as GM.

However, the roster isn't final yet because we also cut our LS and have plans to sign another (our former LS from last year who got hurt) so we will have to cut one more to make room for him.

I feel like both Ronnie Hillman and Juwan Thompson are both NFL-capable RB's. Juwan never really got a fair shake imo, and Kubes trying to make him a FB was a huge mistake. Dude is 230 pounds and can run man. Hope they catch on somewhere.

It's just because Bibbs and Booker are too good to not be on 53. Hillman had to go.

I don't think John and Gary made the wrong decision.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

I don't think John and Gary made the wrong decision.

Roll out five RBs :smug:

• Upvote 1

Packers cuts confuse the shit out of me. We kept 5 safeties... 6 if you count Micah Hyde who plays corner and safety.We also have 6 CB, 7 if you count Hyde.

We have a dangerously thing depth at ILB after we cut Sam Barrington and Beniquez Brown. We also kept 7 WRs and one of them wasn't Geronimo Allison, unfortunately.

Six UDFA made the team, which is the most for any 53 man roster in Ted Thompson's tenure as GM.

However, the roster isn't final yet because we also cut our LS and have plans to sign another (our former LS from last year who got hurt) so we will have to cut one more to make room for him.

Hearing that Allison has turned down multiple offers from other teams so he could join our practice squad. Want the kid on the team and at this point I'm ready to see Janis move on. If he can't learn routes in 3 years, we shouldn't keep dragging him along even if he is a good gunner.

Hearing that Allison has turned down multiple offers from other teams so he could join our practice squad. Want the kid on the team and at this point I'm ready to see Janis move on. If he can't learn routes in 3 years, we shouldn't keep dragging him along even if he is a good gunner.

I agree, and I like him a lot. Or used to. Not to mention he has a club on his hand now, what good is he going to do for us like that? lol. I wish Allison would have gotten even more looks in preseason and if he really does turn down other offers to stay in Green Bay that'd be great. Learn from some established WRs like Jordy while having Aaron to learn form as well. It's a great place to learn, but most guys just aren't that patient.

I am glad Reggie Gilbert made the practice squad as well.