DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Cousins has Buddy beat in 3 pointers on the year. lulz. Buddy is trash.

I am not as "in" to basketball as pretty much... anyone here. But I literally laughed out loud when I got an ESPN alert with news of the Bulls trade.

Also, the Suns are being so patient... Glad to see PJ Tucker traded to a team that can compete. He deserves it, such a good and fiery dude. Loved watching him play and wish him the best. If only we could have ditched Brandon Knight though. We wouldn't have gotten anything back worth having, but I just don't want to see his face here anymore, lol.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Fucking love Draymond Green. The kicking BS has to go but everything else is awesome.

I think I'd go with Kawahi. Westbrook and Harden have been amazing but that Kawahi is elite on both ends of the floor on a team that isn't completely stacked with talent (though admittedly better than OKC minus Westbrook) puts him over for me. You could also convince me of LeBron because he's still just the best player in the league.

I can't think of the last time there have been so many real candidates though. It's been a great season. Too bad KD is out for awhile though.

Westbrook is legitimately the best player in the NBA right now.

As long as Westbrook is averaging a triple double, he has to be MVP.

Westbrook is legitimately the best player in the NBA right now.

He might be MVP but saying he's better than LeBron or KD (not counting injury) is absurd.

• Upvote 2

This season he is playing better than anyone, LeBron included. It's not absurd at all if you actually watch the games.

Damn some of the criticism of Harden is deserved for his defensive effort but I think it's kind of dumb to give D'Antoni credit for Harden's success this year. The dude bought in and changed his game up and look at the results. Career highs across the board and it's translating into wins.

This season he is playing better than anyone, LeBron included. It's not absurd at all if you actually watch the games.

His usage is through the roof since he doesn't have much help in OKC now. Not saying he shouldn't win MVP, averaging a triple double is absurd regardless of usage but if you ask me to pick one star to build a championship team around, Westbrook is not my #1 guy. He's certainly in the mix though.

• Upvote 1

Bogut and Deron Williams :smug:

@SportsCenter

BREAKING: The Sixers have announced that Joel Embiid's meniscus tear is worse than originally thought, and that he's out for the season.

:(

Edited by Bucman

If Embiid doesn't get surgery on his knee this is a clear tank move.

Basically what Milla said. Westbrook is in a situation where he literally has to do it all. Thats gonna help his numbers and make him stand out more. He certainly deserves a ton of credit for how well he's done, but on top of his accomplishments, LeBron makes his teammates better in a way nobody else in the league really does. Look at how Kyle Korver was playing on the Hawks vs how he's done for the Cavs.

Well we saw LeBron win multiple MVP's in his first stint in Cleveland in a similar situation supporting cast wise but he was in a weaker conference. I mean, you say that about Kyle Korver but he's been a great 3pt shooter his whole career. Maybe his slump with the Hawks can be attributed to Jeff Teague's departure. The entire Hawks team took a nose dive, not just Korver. Westbrook is averaging at triple double. That's not supposed to happen in the modern era. What Westbrook is doing is completely unprecedented. There are a lot of people who don't like Westbrook for some reason. Getting the first team all star snub was retarded lol.

I do think LeBron is still the best player in the league though. I don't really think anyone is really that close to be honest. There are some who might be better at certain things than him but he's just so good at everything and his basketball IQ is ridiculous plus at 32 he's still a dominant athlete. When he's hitting 3's he is absolutely unguardable. You could say the same for Westbrook but give me LeBron's defense over Russ's and give me his shot selection over Russ's 10/10. Russ was taking dumb shots with Durant and Harden on the team too so don't give that dumb shit where he has to chuck to win now.

With the pace that most teams play in today's NBA, there are off the top of my head at least 4 players in the NBA that could easily average a tripple double with a usage of 42%.

I don't particularly care about tripple doubles, or even double doubles for that matter anyway, giving someone praise for hitting an arbitrary number of 10-10-10 to me is a bit lazy. We all know how good Westbrook is, we all know he is a top 5 top 10 player... The triple dubs to me are not that impressive.

OKC's offense, like Houston's is also predicated on getting the ball to the playmaker as fast as possible so that they can push the tempo. And there's no faster way to do it then to clear out and let the guard grab the defensive board. Westbrook is a great rebounder, but the numbers this season are kinda inflated due to the offense. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just all of this needs to be put into perspective.

Either way they are both playing great, I just can't buy any argument that's based around the triple double argument as to why he's playing the best of anyone.

I think I'd go with Kawahi. Westbrook and Harden have been amazing but that Kawahi is elite on both ends of the floor on a team that isn't completely stacked with talent (though admittedly better than OKC minus Westbrook) puts him over for me.

I'm ready for this bandwagon to fill up.

Leonard has more at his disposal than Harden and Westbrook combined lol. Harden's supporting cast is trash even compared to Westbrook's.

Houston is going to have the worst roster to ever win 50-55 games.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Harden is better than Westbrook...

Westbrook is the master of forcing everything which means turnovers, lack of consistency, etc.

Harden night in and night out is producing with less TO's than last year and has jackshit around him.

I would take Leonard over both Harden and Westbrook. He's efficient and plays way better defense.

I would take Leonard over both Harden and Westbrook. He's efficient and plays way better defense.

Well yes. That should be implied.

But I think Westbrook is overrated in the sense of how much of a volume player he has to be.

Leonard has more at his disposal than Harden and Westbrook combined lol. Harden's supporting cast is trash even compared to Westbrook's.

Houston is going to have the worst roster to ever win 50-55 games.

Have you not followed Houston at all this year? They might not have any other superstars, but they got shooting for days.

• Upvote 1

Yea im on the Harden for MVP bandwagon but I don't think it's right to say he doesn't have a good team, at least offensively around him.

And that game by Westbrook was absolutely ridiculous. No defense was played, but the Blazers had no answers for him on defense.