Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

The world wallet? I mean, I think we should help out when needed. Especially if they're asking for the help like PR is. I'm almost certain that helping Puerto Rico rebuild would cost way less money and resources than the howeverthefuck many wars we're involved in.

This line of thinking for me applies to anything though. We can't fix our infrastructure and give people jobs because it costs too much money but wars thousands of miles away that cost way more, yeah for sure we got the cash for that. Can't give people health care but we can bail out wallstreet? wtf man. Something doesn't add up. lol

This is all disregarding effect, do you really think people enjoy being looked upon as the charity case of the US?

I bet they'd prefer it to not having food, clean drinking water, and power.

• Upvote 1

The world wallet? I mean, I think we should help out when needed. Especially if they're asking for the help like PR is. I'm almost certain that helping Puerto Rico rebuild would cost way less money and resources than the howeverthefuck many wars we're involved in.

This line of thinking for me applies to anything though. We can't fix our infrastructure and give people jobs because it costs too much money but wars thousands of miles away that cost way more, yeah for sure we got the cash for that. Can't give people health care but we can bail out wallstreet? wtf man. Something doesn't add up. lol

Now on that, we can agree. My problem with the humanitarian relief, is that we already have too many irons in the fire. So what do we tell Houston in Miami, that we're only going to halfway help them because we have commitments elsewhere? I think it's getting to the point where we really do need to take a us first mentality, and I think there is a huge disconnect with people. I know, that sounds ironic coming from me, but what I mean is I don't think people really understand how bad things are in this country when it comes to the underprivileged in impoverished.

Take the billions we give to other countries and redistribute it, not as cash gifts are welfare system but to meaningful changes. You want to give people equal Economic Opportunity how about fixing the road so people can get to work on time, putting money into schools, not just so much as in hey we're going to give you a new shit, but pay teachers, and centivise them to make students do better. Pay more truancy officers to make sure these little Knuckleheads are going to school. Disabled veterans, there are some that are waiting for the VA for so long that they are dying while they wait. The homeless in this country don't need handouts, or welfare, the welfare state is what got us here. We need to start reinvesting in the infrastructure and Economic Opportunity for this country. Instead we're too busy trying to fix the rest of the goddamn world.

I bet they'd prefer it to not having food, clean drinking water, and power.

I guess nobody has ever looked at you as a charity case. It happened to me several times as a kid because of poverty, and once recently when I broke my neck. It is one of the worst feelings on the planet.

This might be the dumbest argument I've ever seen on here and that's saying something.

This might be the dumbest argument I've ever seen on here and that's saying something.

The funny thing is, you were the common denominator and almost all of them.

Yeah because Im a sucker who engages with the idiots.

Edited by blotsfan

Yeah because Im a sucker who engages with the idiots.

Well you are a sucker, that no one will argue. The question is who is the real idiot, the people who have their own opinions and aren't afraid to say them or the guy who thinks everyone else in the world is an idiot, except for him.

The more I talk to you, the more I realize you project on other people. You sir, are the bigot and narrow-minded narcissist. You think it is implausible that you are wrong. You also hate the people of Miami and Houston LOL.

You are literally arguing that Puerto Rico is not part of the US. That is factually untrue. Like, this is such an astounding take because it is just wrong. I know alternative facts are good enough for the president but that doesn't mean whatever bullshit you spew is valid.

If you want to be honest about your intentions just say "the US government should not help the island that is part of the US and full of US citizens because..." Then at least whatever you say isn't a blatant lie.

You are literally arguing that Puerto Rico is not part of the US. That is factually untrue. Like, this is such an astounding take because it is just wrong. I know alternative facts are good enough for the president but that doesn't mean whatever bullshit you spew is valid.

If you want to be honest about your intentions just say "the US government should not help the island that is part of the US and full of US citizens because..." Then at least whatever you say isn't a blatant lie.

Go back and check, I never said they we're not a part of us, I said they were not a state. I made this specific distinction that they have their own federal government to take care of them, so we should not be doing it as a priority considering that the federal government of Texas and Florida are relying upon the US government. Porto Rico has their own legislative body and tax codes as well as some of our own, they should have more than enough money by now to cover this they had any basic infrastructure. Right now we are talking about sending billions we just bailed them out of a crisis four years ago. It is time for them to start at least setting up some sort of balance of government. Right now Texas's state government is better than their federal government, if that tells you anything.

Go back and check, I never said they we're not a part of us, I said they were not a state. I made this specific distinction that they have their own federal government to take care of them, so we should not be doing it as a priority considering that the federal government of Texas and Florida are relying upon the US government. Porto Rico has their own legislative body and tax codes as well as some of our own, they should have more than enough money by now to cover this they had any basic infrastructure. Right now we are talking about sending billions we just bailed them out of a crisis four years ago. It is time for them to start at least setting up some sort of balance of government. Right now Texas's state government is better than their federal government, if that tells you anything.

If you are not a state you are not a part of the UNITED STATES....STATES.....STATES...

If you are not a state you are not a part of the UNITED STATES....STATES.....STATES...

I am missing something, did you prove something? They are not a state they're not a part of us as a country. They are a territory that is overseen by us. They have nothing to say they are a part of us. They have no vote in congress. They're not attached to the United States, by land, treaty, or Proclamation. They have their own governing body, so they do not share ours. This is pretty simple, I'm not sure what you just proved. Edited by Omerta

If you're territory of the States, you're a state. Last I checked, Puerto Rico was territory of the states. And sure, the state governments don't need to lift a damn finger for them, but the federal government represents the interests of all americans, even those in Guam, Puerto Rico and other unincorporated territories (effective colonies).

In unincorporated territories "fundamental rights apply as a matter of law, but other constitutional rights are not available" Which i mean, the law is weaselly as fuck and that statement means about as much as the paper I wipe my ass with, but should America not do something about the fundamental rights of it's citizens? Or is this just another case of lol fuck em we've exploited them with untoward taxation, we can continue to exploit them for our gain and our gain alone.

• Upvote 1

When your proposed legislation is so embarrassing that you know your own party won't even vote for it.

95a5b3e60be103fdd89b9c9f6f148ded.gif

• Upvote 1

If you're territory of the States, you're a state. Last I checked, Puerto Rico was territory of the states. And sure, the state governments don't need to lift a damn finger for them, but the federal government represents the interests of all americans, even those in Guam, Puerto Rico and other unincorporated territories (effective colonies).

In unincorporated territories "fundamental rights apply as a matter of law, but other constitutional rights are not available" Which i mean, the law is weaselly as fuck and that statement means about as much as the paper I wipe my ass with, but should America not do something about the fundamental rights of it's citizens? Or is this just another case of lol fuck em we've exploited them with untoward taxation, we can continue to exploit them for our gain and our gain alone.

I am not siding one way or another on this topic, but just because you are a territory doesn't mean you're a state. If it did, there wouldn't be a desire for them to become an official state by some of their people (and a larger desire NOT to become a state by others).

They have our currency, our passports, they are technically citizens (but don't give up their citizenship to Puerto Rico)... Their foreign policy is whatever we want... but only because we control them.

In 1922, the U.S. Supreme court in the case of Balzac v. Porto Rico ruled that the full protection and rights of the U.S constitution do not apply to residents of Puerto Rico until they come to reside in the United States

They would receive a SHIT LOAD of federal money if they were an official state.

This just in, nobody's feelings matter. None. Exactly 0 person's feelings mean jack shit. There are 0 people in this country, on this fucking planet, whose feelings matter. White, black, brown, Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. None of their feelings matter. My feelings don't matter, your feelings don't matter....

Edited by BwareDWare94

This just in, nobody's feelings matter. None. Exactly 0 person's feelings mean jack shit. There are 0 people in this country, on this fucking planet, whose feelings matter. White, black, brown, Christian, Muslim, Jew, etc. None of their feelings matter. My feelings don't matter, your feelings don't matter....

Great. Now you can shut up about how people protesting the anthem makes you feel.

• Upvote 2

Some people have no fucking empathy whatsoever.

Moving on to the anthem topic, this man basically says it all.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Some people have no fucking empathy whatsoever.

Moving on to the anthem topic, this man basically says it all.

​That was extremely well said. The big reason I am in support of these players is because I think this is a critical ideology debate in this country right now, whether to value freedom or to deny it in the name of patriotism. He's right, if we want to hold the American flag to some holy standard then people need to ban it on beer cans, undergarments and clothes in general too. It's a slippery slope IMO and hopefully we can move past the whole anthem thing to talk about the issues these athletes are bringing up.

​That was extremely well said. The big reason I am in support of these players is because I think this is a critical ideology debate in this country right now, whether to value freedom or to deny it in the name of patriotism. He's right, if we want to hold the American flag to some holy standard then people need to ban it on beer cans, undergarments and clothes in general too. It's a slippery slope IMO and hopefully we can move past the whole anthem thing to talk about the issues these athletes are bringing up.

I think the important thing to realize is that freedom of speech is a two way street.

I think the important thing to realize is that freedom of speech is a two way street.

No, no, no, you have to think exactly as you are told to think. If you do not you're an angry, misanthropic, nihilist, sadist piece of dirt who should have no rights to say what they think. You must agree with the social justice Warrior.

You realize its not the left that's trying to silence anyone here right? I have not seen a single person demand that all players be forced to kneel.

• Upvote 1

No, no, no, you have to think exactly as you are told to think. If you do not you're an angry, misanthropic, nihilist, sadist piece of dirt who should have no rights to say what they think. You must agree with the social justice Warrior.

118258-Voltaire-Quote-If-you-want-to-kno

118258-Voltaire-Quote-If-you-want-to-kno

So...policemen? Because that's whats got everyone freaking out.

Edit: Also here's a fun fact for you. That quote isn't from Voltaire. Its from a white supremacist.

Edited by blotsfan

Is it? I mean I can see why your perspective would lead to that conclusion. For some odd reason, I don't think it would be the same for everybody. Call it a hunch. lol.

Evelyn%2BBeatrice%2BHall.jpg