Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Frankly, from the rhetoric I see on FB and from adults I know (which to clarify this is PURELY anecdotal), older people (40+) have no interest in letting the younger generation grow into it's own and shape the country's future. I don't give a damn about them. They can stay stuck in the past all they want. I am specifically referring to people I described above, not all older individuals.

I agree with Blots. Best to just galvanize the portion of the population that is willing to approach issues from a "what are the long term effects on the country" perspective.

• Upvote 1

People just arent patient enough for that, unfortunately. Plus, presidents in their first term heave to worry about re-Election and passing legislation that will be good in 10 years just doesnt fly.

And even if a President did that, the next one of an opposing party would just trash it or rewrite it to benefit different special interests .

Too many voters just tow party lines, as do politicians which is not helped by this failing two party system.

The sweeping changes most of us desire requires a change to the fundamental grass roots of our entire politics system. Without those, youre looking at nothing more than a band-aid to most problems.

• Upvote 1

Aw shucks. Those are usually the best jokes though.

Sorry, no, blots.

Going overboard here.

Sorry, no, blots.

Going overboard here.

I mean, the daily stormer said that's how they find supporters for their movement.

I asked a Chinese girl for her number. She said, "Sex! Sex! Sex! Free sex tonight!" I said, "Wow!" Then her friend said, "She means 666-3629

Fight me witcher bitch ass :smug:

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 2

Nothing can be off-limits in comedy, otherwise everything has an argument to be.

Forgetting the whole part about indoctrinating Nazis, I completely disagree with this. Racist jokes tend to be incredibly easy, lazy, and repetitive.

You hear it once and it's the same punchline over and over. Placing restrictions on yourself can force you to be more creative.

• Downvote 1

What do you call a woman with no arms and no legs leaning against the wall? Eileen.

What do you call an Asian woman with no arms and no legs leaning against the wall? Irene.

Forgetting the whole part about indoctrinating Nazis, I completely disagree with this. Racist jokes tend to be incredibly easy, lazy, and repetitive.

You hear it once and it's the same punchline over and over. Placing restrictions on yourself can force you to be more creative.

blots, people made and still make jokes about 9/11, Sandusky, and a million other topics equally as bad as or worse than racism. I don't know why this surprises you at all or how you expect to get rid of all of it.

• Upvote 1

blots, people made and still make jokes about 9/11, Sandusky, and a million other topics equally as bad as or worse than racism. I don't know why this surprises you at all or how you expect to get rid of all of it.

It doesn't, and I don't. Just showing that it's more harmful than people like to say. Those jokes normalize racism, which is a strategy of the Nazis to get more support for their ideas.

It doesn't, and I don't. Just showing that it's more harmful than people like to say. Those jokes normalize racism, which is a strategy of the Nazis to get more support for their ideas.

The overwhelming majority of people who make unfiltered jokes realize how dangerous that rhetoric is in certain contexts or if it is taken seriously.

Edit: even my opinion of people is not so low that I assume they are so dumb to be casually persuaded by Nazis, and at least to me that's saying something

Edited by OSUViking

Can we stop using the term Nazi? It's incredibly fucking insensitive to Jewish people to equate basic racism to attempted eradication resulting in the deaths of millions of people. And yet leftists fail to see the irony in their rampant, consistent use of the term. To call a racist a Nazi is brazen and dismissive to the pain and death that actual Nazis inflicted upon a contingent of humanity.

Seriously, this has gotten way out of hand.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Downvote 1

The overwhelming majority of people who make unfiltered jokes realize how dangerous that rhetoric is in certain contexts or if it is taken seriously.

Edit: even my opinion of people is not so low that I assume they are so dumb to be casually persuaded by Nazis, and at least to me that's saying something

Then why are the numbers of neo-nazis rising?

Can we stop using the term Nazi? It's incredibly fucking insensitive to Jewish people to equate basic racism to attempted eradication resulting in the deaths of millions of people. And yet leftists fail to see the irony in their rampant, consistent use of the term. To call a racist a Nazi is brazen and dismissive to the pain and death that actual Nazis inflicted upon a contingent of humanity.

I'm Jewish, so kindly fuck off. The people who run the daily stormer are nazis. They would kill every Jew (as well as most other minority groups) if they could.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The irony is thick

Beg your pardon?

Then why are the numbers of neo-nazis rising?

The number of neo-Nazis isn't going to reach some critical mass where they become a major political force. If they do, we're probably beyond fucked as a country, but that's for another discussion. There are neo-Nazis in most developed countries, it's just that those nations don't have the sensationalist media that looks to profit off people being afraid of Nazis.

I imagine what is happening is people with closeted beliefs, likely taken from their parents or stirred by insecurities (themselves possibly driven by the vitriolic rage many youth spew towards white men... And no I'm not making excuses) finding people who think similarly on the internet. Based on the amount of people I encounter with schizophrenia spectrum conditions, it'd be easy for me to say schizophrenia is on the rise, but that's probably not true. We're better at identifying on a professional and introspective level, and there are more avenues for them to express themselves. I'd imagine this "increase" in Nazis is a product of a truly toxic sociopolitical climate and this sometimes awesome, sometimes disgusting thing called the Internet.

I have absolutely no problem calling the white supremacist filth spewed on the sites blots is talking about a kind of neo-Nazi rhetoric.

Also, just so you know, there were MILLIONS of people killed by the Nazis who weren't Jewish. Do you realize Hitler wanted to eradicate Slavs because he viewed them as subhuman? Do you realize he did the same to homosexuals and the mentally impaired? Gypsies? The list of victims of Nazi atrocities is longer than just Jews. The fighting on the Eastern Front was perhaps the most brutal in history, arguably because the Soviets realized the Germans would rape their women and kill them if they were defeated (which happened in some places of Nazi-controlled USSR).

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

The number of neo-Nazis isn't going to reach some critical mass where they become a major political force. If they do, we're probably beyond fucked as a country, but that's for another discussion. There are neo-Nazis in most developed countries, it's just that those nations don't have the sensationalist media that looks to profit off people being afraid of Nazis.

I imagine what is happening is people with closeted beliefs, likely taken from their parents or stirred by insecurities (themselves possibly driven by the vitriolic rage many youth spew towards white men... And no I'm not making excuses) finding people who think similarly on the internet. Based on the amount of people I encounter with schizophrenia spectrum conditions, it'd be easy for me to say schizophrenia is on the rise, but that's probably not true. We're better at identifying on a professional and introspective level, and there are more avenues for them to express themselves. I'd imagine this "increase" in Nazis is a product of a truly toxic sociopolitical climate and this sometimes awesome, sometimes disgusting thing called the Internet.

I mean, the current president has neo-nazis in his cabinet, and is sympathetic to them. I know it feels like an eternity ago but it was only 4 months ago that he said there were many good people in the crowd chanting "The Jews Will Not Replace Us." The Neo-Nazis are a political force.

I know we disagree on a lot blots, but if this is really what you believe I feel bad for you man. I'm not saying that to be facetious, or to be a dick. I really mean it, to wake up every day afraid of the country that you live in, that's no way to live. I'm starting to understand your desperation when it comes to politics a little bit more everyday.

I meant or, not more.

Edited by Omerta

I know we disagree on a lot blots, but if this is really what you believe I feel bad for you man. I'm not saying that to be facetious, more to be a dick. I really mean it, to wake up every day afraid of the country that you live in, that's no way to live. I'm starting to understand your desperation when it comes to politics a little bit more everyday.

That I believe the president has chosen neo-nazis to be in his cabinet? What part is wrong?

• Upvote 1

That you believe Nazis are some political force. They are not, nor will they ever be, not in this country anyway. I was just saying sorry, cuz I truly am sorry to see people who wake up everyday afraid, that's no way to live.

That you believe Nazis are some political force. They are not, nor will they ever be, not in this country anyway. I was just saying sorry, cuz I truly am sorry to see people who wake up everyday afraid, that's no way to live.

The president puts nazis into his cabinet, including having one as his chief advisor, and you still don't think they have any influence?