Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

I actually like the plan from what I saw of it. Maintains the ability of children to stay on their parents coverage to 26, but eliminates the requirements on businesses. Forcing insurance for everyone over 30 hours & any company over 50 employees is a sure-fire way to fuck up employment. Also glad to see the elimination of mandated insurance. Forcing people to pay for insurance or pay a tax penalty is a fucking atrocious way of funding government healthcare.

• Downvote 2

Re: Ooochy & Sarge

Right, and personally speaking, I don't disagree with you. But when it comes to politicians, they don't care about "pulling the rug out from under people".. They'd have to care about people first. So, just from a "business" standpoint, it is one of those things that just is. Because that's all it is to them.. business.

So we should just accept the status quo because it's the status quo rather than ask our politicians to show a minimal level of human decency when there are literally lives at stake?

So we should just accept the status quo because it's the status quo rather than ask our politicians to show a minimal level of human decency when there are literally lives at stake?

Nope, didn't say that. And that's all I am saying, because obviously I am not explaining very well... lol. I am going to avoid more confusion. My bad. lol

In other news, Obama is getting involved in the French election... I am not sure I can remember another instance of this happening.

It's different when it's a private citizen vs a head of state. Also, when the one of the options is a literal nazi

I feel like this is getting glossed over a bit so I wanted to highlight it. Regardless of what you think of Obamacare, it created certain expectations that people have made life altering decisions under for the past 6 years. If we're going to 'repeal and replace' then we have to be cognizant of what those decisions were and the consequences of pulling the rug out from under people.

Felt like I needed to highlight this, as this is one of the more important parts of changing legislature. To be able to completely change the way in which Obamacare has handled healthcare you have to know it inside and out to effectively make changes that work for everyone.

The essay I posted earlier in the thread gives a more in depth view of my thoughts on how healthcare should work, but one of the things I'd like to highlight is the fact that someone will ALWAYS lose in transitioning healthcare plans. Regardless of how you want to slice the pie, someone will always be left without a piece due to some medical condition. I think the good things we see implemented from the new plan vastly outweigh the bad things we see from it. While there are still loopholes that will leave some people without proper coverage, these changes benefit a larger amount of people overall. Blots' example of the organ transplants is a good example of where some of the holes need to be patched.

But Cherry this one is straight forward. 800 billion dollars will be removed from Medicaid and other healthcare subsidies and there will be an 800 billion dollar tax cut for the wealthy. The ledger makes it clear, the rich will get more money from this while those that can't normally afford healthcare will get less.

I will take an 800 billion dollar cut to healthcare subsidies if it means eliminating the tax penalties imposed upon people who chose not to buy insurance, and removes the roadblocks of companies hiring an employee as anything more than part-time without having to give them insurance. The idea behind this is that you're going to lack the funding to provide that 800 billion anyways once you eliminate the tax penalties imposed on those who chose not to purchase insurance.

You're right that the insurance situation is dumb and single payer is the only solution. However, thousands if not millions will die from this bill so enjoy your tax credit.

You're right that the insurance situation is dumb and single payer is the only solution. However, thousands if not millions will die from this bill so enjoy your tax credit.

There are only 321 million people in US, so if over a million die due to this bill that'd be a pretty outrageous amount. Calm your numbers man.

I think a single payer fund is great if we're careful with what benefits are offered in it. Offering everything under the sun is a surefire way to devalue healthcare and make the care that is received less effective. The goal should simply be to allow all citizens to get the absolute necessities under government healthcare, while continuing to let the market dictate on lesser matters.

There are only 321 million people in US, so if over a million die due to this bill that'd be a pretty outrageous amount. Calm your numbers man.

Depends how long it takes for this bill to be replaced with comprehensive health care for all. Not to mention quality of life will be so much worse for many people.

I think the argument that quality of life will be worse for people is a bad argument. The quality of life is already damaged for a lot of people due to the regulations placed over the healthcare industry. The costs of losing full time employment at unskilled labor jobs has damaged the ability of people to work a livable amount of hours. The only way to compensate for a wage that is low is to work more, or provide better work and receive a raise. Of course, getting a raise takes god knows how long, especially in unskilled labor jobs. So really it's just making people who would otherwise be able to work have to settle for less due to lack of opportunities. There is always going to be that trade-off in which someone will be negatively impacted by an adjustment in how government handles healthcare, but I think the upside overall from eliminating a lot of the stipulations with the ACA will help more people in the long run.

When I say quality of life, I'm talking about breaking your leg and it never healing properly because you're too scared of going to the hospital because you can't afford it so you walk poorly the rest of your life.

• Upvote 1

When I say quality of life, I'm talking about breaking your leg and it never healing properly because you're too scared of going to the hospital because you can't afford it so you walk poorly the rest of your life.

My aunt had something similar to this happen, although she was prevented from being able to receive the operation her doctor recommended due to limitation within the ACA. She walks with a severe limp now. That's a direct result of the way the ACA operates. Until we see a legitimate move towards a fund that covers all severe procedures/medication that is needed to prevent a disruption quality of life, it's still a game of trading things off in healthcare.

I just don't get it. Not trying to start any debates, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

The US is supposed to be the "greatest nation in the world", there are so many precedents for universal health care... Why is this still an issue?

I have healthcare, thankfully, but I know people who live day to day afraid to get hurt because it may not be covered. How is this a thing in a 1st world country?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

My aunt had something similar to this happen, although she was prevented from being able to receive the operation her doctor recommended due to limitation within the ACA. She walks with a severe limp now. That's a direct result of the way the ACA operates. Until we see a legitimate move towards a fund that covers all severe procedures/medication that is needed to prevent a disruption quality of life, it's still a game of trading things off in healthcare.

Which is why I only support the ACA as an alternative to this garbage. Single-payer is the only real solution.

Which is why I only support the ACA as an alternative to this garbage. Single-payer is the only real solution.

Would you agree we need to be really careful with what is put under the single-payer fund, as overuse of tax money on unnecessary healthcare will be detrimental to the economy and standard of healthcare in general? Like, over the counter type stuff.

If a doctor feels you absolutely need it, he can write a prescription for an over the counter medicine, just like now. If it's prescribed it should be covered.

I have not jumped in here yet because basically I thought, there is no way this bill is as bad as everyone is saying. It just can't be.

But it is.

Donald Trump has once again lied to the American people. He told everyone his healthcare plan would cover everybody and that pre-existing conditions were covered, and we would be able to do it better and cheaper.

If you think this bill is a good one, then you deserve a spot in the loony bin. Either that, or you're a rich guy. This bill does nothing but screw over the middle class and those of us who have pre-existing conditions. High-risk pools are supposed to cover those people, but the GOP only wants to put 8 billion into them, when the estimate is at least three times that.

They didn't want the CBO to look into this bill before passing it because they knew what would come back- this bill is even worse than the one that didn't get passed.

I am in astonished- I know I shouldnt be, but I am- that any group of human beings that aren't just pure evil could actually do this. Fuck anyone who supports this bill, and fuck the damn GOP for ramrodding this through after whining for a year that Obamacare went through too fast.

Guess I will have to go back to not having coverage.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

blots, being in the medical field (medical school right?) you should consider doing a write up about the issues with this bill. I realize it's on us to do our own research (before anyone whines at me) but it would be interesting to hear it from your point of view being that you have a lot more knowledge about this particular subject than 90% of your average Joe. Just so nobody takes this wrong I'm not being sarcastic at all. I'm deferring to somebodies opinion who is actually in the field or will be in the field.

The problem with that is that I'm not in med school and have 0 plans on being a doctor.

Thats funny, but real talk Melania>Milano.

I hate posts like that anyway.... Are the only woman allowed to pass laws for woman? Was Obama the only President or lawmaker to pass laws for blacks ?

I'm not mad about her outrage or the stupid things in that bill but the way she expresses it is stupid.

• Upvote 2