Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Nobody gives a fuck about apples to apples Frankenstein v Trump

It's less depressing than actually talking about Trump.

• Upvote 2

Journalism right now is such a fucking joke. Trump shares a meme and everyone is crying about suppression of journalism and acting like he committed murder.

• Upvote 1

He's simply not Presidential. The President is supposed to be able to be above the fray and refrain from responding to idiots. Obama had plenty of people come after him, and I remember he did call Fox News out on a few occasions, but not utterly classless like Trump.

Bleeding from her facelift, really. What is it with this man and always going after women by talking about blood and their appearance? Oh that's right, he's a misogynistic twat.

There was a time long ago when I didn't mind watching CNN. Sure they were always biased, but that is fully their right to to do so, just as it is FOX's right to be biased in their way. But even as an unashamed liberal in nearly every imaginable aspect, I don't appreciate nor am I able to support how absolutely cringe-worthy they have become in recent years.

• Upvote 2

The media is an absolute atrocity. At one point the media was there to report on corruption and were a conduit for Americans in places were information had a tough time getting to, to be able to read a semi-accurate reporting of events in the country. Now that information reaches everywhere they have realized just bringing the news is not profitable, they have to bring outrage. There is no good media outlet except the BBC lol. CNN is worse than Fox news which I previously thought impossible, the left is so repulsive that the right looks appealing, and Donald Trump is president. The liberals and the rest of this country has called their tune and now they can dance to it. The new age liberal is one of the most vile and contemptible things in existence that they have spawned something far more insidious on the right than even the right has ever seen, it is hilarious watching both sides say which one is right when they are both equally wrong.

Then you have the media who cannot write the "news" without putting the spin on it that their benefactors want, who have to spin things to keep their politicians happy, so the politicians can keep the country dumb. The news is fake, if it wasn't there would not be 18 different sides to a story. If you report the facts then you only report one side, the side that actually happened, not the side that you want to get people outraged. Rachel Maddow is despicable as is many of her counter-parts and regardless of how you feel about Trump, if you are reasonable, you have to admit there is something very wrong with the media. It is not as if the media went away this country would be dumber or more corrupt, most people are puppets regardless and no one is open to reading something and analyzing it anyway, they just make an opinion and it is law, so what good is the media anyway ?

Trigglypuff has created a new breed of political bias and this country is going to be ravaged to its core until common ground is found. We are in a society where we can no longer agree to disagree without having to call that person names to make ourselves feel better that we disagree with someone. Our Media, our politicians, and our morals are bought and paid for to suit a narrative. We as Americans are property, nothing more and much less. The only difference between us all is what price buys us out. The media is hugely at play here and I am not even sure the 1st amendment applies, seeing a media is communication, and they do anything but communicate as you have to listen to opposing thoughts and think before communication truly happens. And the media violates the first amendment because they are trying to incite anything but peace so they violate the peaceful assemble thingy. It all truly is a travesty.

Is it bias? Or is it simply lying to support a narrative?

It is the latter.

• Upvote 1

I'm not as big on arguing semantics as I used to be, but is there any real difference these days between bias and lying to support a narrative? I know if you look up the dictionary definition of bias, it doesn't include lying. But if we can all be honest with ourselves... someone who is biased is a thousand times more likely to spin a lie into their story to fit their perspective than someone who isn't. Can we all at least agree on that?

Essentially then I suppose the answer to your question is both, because bias often leads to a ton of lies that otherwise may not have been told/reported.

I'm not as big on arguing semantics as I used to be, but is there any real difference these days between bias and lying to support a narrative? I know if you look up the dictionary definition of bias, it doesn't include lying. But if we can all be honest with ourselves... someone who is biased is a thousand times more likely to spin a lie into their story to fit their perspective than someone who isn't. Can we all at least agree on that?

Essentially then I suppose the answer to your question is both, because bias often leads to a ton of lies that otherwise may not have been told/reported.

There are small differences imo, but i would say that is a fair statement.

I like how Trump gets more heat for stupid tweets than his horrendous policies. BJORN hit the nail on the head with this one. Journalism simply does not exist in mainstream media.

Lying by omission is also still a lie. I can't think of a trendy media term for that but it's a gigantic issue.

I think bias is less sinister than lying to support a narrative. Bias is kind of just like sticking your head in the sand. if you have a bias it's usually something you genuinely believe in. Take Rachel Maddow for example. She sold out. She's a roads scholar. She knows she's spewing bullshit to support a bullshit narrative.

I don't disagree that Trump is a child and that he should be above most of the fray... This specific example, regarding CNN though, I don't have a problem with. America loves memes until Donald Trump tweets one. Lol.

And CNN's reply made me barf

" In a statement, CNN called it a "sad day when the President of the United States encourages violence against reporters."

It's fucking WWE... LMAO. "violence"

Neither do I.

Was talking about his previous tweet about Scarborough's show.

The big media doesn't get the internet. I remember Hillary Clinton trying to say Pepe the Frog was a racist symbol from the start. I thought this particular tweet was funny, its just simply not what I expect a President to do, is all.

• Upvote 1

So CNN is blackmailing someone and threatening to release their identity over a fucking meme about them. :yao:

• Upvote 1

So CNN is blackmailing someone and threatening to release their identity over a fucking meme about them. :yao:

They even blackmailed the wrong person.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I agree blackmailing him is shitty. They should've just released his name so we could know one more person to avoid.

tumblr_inline_olgb0nWSPa1rict0a_500.gif

COME AT ME DONNIE

• Upvote 1

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/tle-pick/seymour-hersh-curious-case-bomb-wasnt/07/07/

So everything we've been told by our Government and the media about Syria is a lie. Surprise surprise. Trump is CLEARLY a Kremlin puppet though. I'm sure Putin is telling him to start WWIII right? Right?

I'd just like to come here and gloat about being right about the whole Russia bull shit being fake just like I've said the whole time. The Clinton's giving Russia 20% of the countries uranium production on the other hand is a very real story.

I wanted to go back and address this, I meant to debunk it when Sean first brought it up, but I forgot all about it.

Hillary Clinton giving Russia 20% of our uranium is basically a complete myth concocted by conspiracy theorists and far right websites.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Highlights from the Snopes article:

1. The uranium is still in the US, it cannot be exported out of the US, as per the terms of the agreement.

2. Clinton had no authority to make the decision, only the president does, she was one of 9 members of the cabinet, but the president, by law, has to veto the deal in order for it not to happen.

3. Of the 145 million that is alleged to have been donated to the Clintons in payment for the uranium, 131 million of it came from one person. This person had sold off his entire stake in Uranium One three years prior to the deal being made, and at least a year and a half before Clinton became secretary of state.

There are still problems with what happened, (the company failed to disclose the source of the remaining 14 million, just for starters), but to act like Hillary selling Russia 20% of our uranium is a fact is simply blatantly wrong. Everything we know points to her not having the final say, or indeed any real say, in the sale of the uranium.

Edited by Thanatos

So, Donald trump jr...that's something alright.

Politifact lol

It was in the Podesta emails obtained by WikiLeaks that Uranium One was sold to Russian interests. Hillary was one of the people who signed off on the deal. Just so happens that that the people who bought Uranium One donated a lot of money to the Clinton foundation and yes I absolutely believe WikiLeaks over politifact and snopes who basically just push DNC propaganda.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Assange has a direct interest in trying to get Putin to give him asylum just like Snowden did. They didn't even pretend to be nonpartisan.

Regardless, is that really a bigger deal than Donald Trump Jr going to a meeting with a known Russian agent for the purpose of getting damaging information on his political opponent from the Russian government after his dad repeatedly said there was no connection between the campaign and russia?*

*I know Thanatos is the only one that will really have a problem with this, but its nice to dream.

I haven't really read much more than headlines on it so far.. been pretty busy. Did they actually use said information? Was said information real / true?

Am I the only one who doesn't see all this Russian propaganda as clear media scare tactics? We already know that the media has lied. It's been proven. They've been forced to retract stories. When has WikiLeaks ever been proven false? Most of our media is owned by a handful of corporations that seem to not find any time to cover anything other than Russian hysteria. What happened the last time we saw this shit? People were persecuted and jailed and black balled. I wonder what kind of rocks hilldog would turn over to find info on Trump. This is fanaticism

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1