Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

2017 TGP NFL Mock Draft Discussion

I did not see that, because I would have voted hell no on that provision. But whatever the majority says is fine, I guess.

What's wrong with it. If a trade is ridiculously lopsided, speak up and if people agree it can be Undone. If it's legit, so be it.

Especially these years where most people have 2,3+ teams it's hard to outright ban it.

It's been allowed for years and I don't think we've ever had a problem with it, iirc

• Upvote 1

Fucking Cherry, I had to move up once he mentioned Budda by name.

• Upvote 1

Fucking Cherry, I had to move up once he mentioned Budda by name.

Ya, that thing isn't usually allowed . At least poo poo'd lol. Especially to force trades like Cherry did. That's really shitty . Lol

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

That's what I was referring to, Favre. He wasn't going to take him with the team on the clock, he was saying he would trade up with himself unless someone else did.

If you're going to trade up with yourself, just do it, don't use it to force someone else too. How is that at all realistic?

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

Sean just getting worked like he always does and now he's trying to backpedal.

Most foolish move of the draft arguably... Weapon is testing him more and more with every pick... typical Eagle fans.

Ya, that thing isn't usually allowed . At least poo poo'd lol. Especially to force trades like Cherry did. That's really shitty . Lol

it is a fair point, I would guess most teams don't say who they're moving up for, even if they make it known they're trying to move up, for this reason

Bengals get: #45. #197

Cardinals get: #42, #251

That's what I was referring to, Favre. He wasn't going to take him with the team on the clock, he was saying he would trade up with himself unless someone else did.

If you're going to trade up with yourself, just do it, don't use it to force someone else too. How is that at all realistic?

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant just trading with yourself.

Yeah, I very much don't like what he just did.

Let's make it a rule then. :badass:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant just trading with yourself.

I dont particularly like trading with yourself, period, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I dont particularly like trading with yourself, period, but I know I'm in the minority on that one.

The amount of time it takes to make a deal with oneself compared to the amount of time it takes to make a deal with someone else is a huge trade-off to make. As long as the compensation is fair, what is the problem?

In all fairness I've been mentioning names through out the draft just saying like who would fit for who's up. Not really relating trade ups and shit. At the end of the day this is just a game. For future reference we can avoid situations like this. I also don't mind trading up with another team you have as long as compensation is somewhat consistent with what we've seen. Obviously before picks are made and things become official we should put it to a general vote like as long as there are 3-4 people to okay the trade.

In all fairness I've been mentioning names through out the draft just saying like who would fit for who's up. Not really relating trade ups and shit. At the end of the day this is just a game. For future reference we can avoid situations like this. I also don't mind trading up with another team you have as long as compensation is somewhat consistent with what we've seen. Obviously before picks are made and things become official we should put it to a general vote like as long as there are 3-4 people to okay the trade.

Yeah, the offhanded mentioning of names isn't the worst thing ever. But when you start getting emphatic and say thing like " oh man, I can't believe xxxxxx isn't gone yet " , " why is xxxxxx still available " , or stuff like what Cherry did --- that's when you kinda start crossing the line.

Even earlier there was talk about oline prospects and Cherry started getting specific, so I attacked to try to calm the talk of olineman just in the off chance somebody wanted my guy. Lol

• Upvote 1

Weapon, you are KILLING it with the Eagles' picks. If IRL the Eagles walk away with Barnett and McCaffrey I'll be stoked.

• Upvote 1

I'm in that minority too then. I feel like a trade should be made between two people.

Edit: And yes, no mentioning players that have not been drafted yet.

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

The thing about not making trades with yourself makes zero sense. As long as I'm not fucking a team I control in a trade, I don't see a problem. All of my trades are pretty balanced.

Also, #45 is on the block for a hefty price.

the problem is that like someone mentioned (sorry, I couldn't tell who, but it's not my original thought) with people taking 3-4 teams it seems a bit artificial to say this specific subset of teams can't trade with each other, there are ways to manage the issues short of an outright ban, in legal terms I like using the least restrictive means

Yeah, the offhanded mentioning of names isn't the worst thing ever. But when you start getting emphatic and say thing like " oh man, I can't believe xxxxxx isn't gone yet " , " why is xxxxxx still available " , or stuff like what Cherry did --- that's when you kinda start crossing the line.

Even earlier there was talk about oline prospects and Cherry started getting specific, so I attacked to try to calm the talk of olineman just in the off chance somebody wanted my guy. Lol

honestly, I don't even have an issue with that, expressing surprise that certain players are still out, it just feels like part of the commentary on the game, as I said before the issue of talking about other players is more a strategic issue of not revealing your board

Where I think Cherry may have crossed a line is in saying "the Rams will trade up to take Budda Baker." I made the analogy in the shoutbox to insider trading, and that's basically what that is. If we're trying to simulate the actual draft the Rams will not tell anyone who they're trying to get into position for. Teams may figure out that they're trying to move up, or they may contact a lot of teams expressing an interest in moving up, and from there teams can look at the draft board and the team's needs and make guesses as to who they're trading up for, but actual knowledge of who the team trading up is trying to get is going to be very carefully protected information because the Rams don't want other teams to get into a bidding war for the same guy and drive up the price.

So went with Obi Meilfonwu with the Bills. I actually wanted to trade up to secure Marlon Humphreys as I saw the run on CB's coming and then didn't actually expect Budda Smith to have been gone just yet.

Obi although not having elite speed, he has enough. He's quickness, tackling and range of cover is what's impressive about him and considering the Bills DB corps is shot right now Meilfonwu should help.

Cheryl's pick up of Walker was real nice, he's got a great motor and his ability to rush the passer is going to be a huge asset. If JPP hadn't agreed the long term deal then I was hoping he'd be the guy we'd replace him with.

With a guy like Budda Baker over the top I think Awuzie would do some really special things at CB. A lot of people see him as a slot CB in the NFL but the guy has every bit of the athleticism he needs to play on the outside. Awuzie is a playmaker period and I actually think his experience playing inside and out give him a chance to be the type of CB that can follow number 1 WR around wherever they line up.

• Upvote 1

With the 49th pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Washington Redskins select...

Jarrad Davis Linebacker Florida Gators
Nice pick, Bjorn. If the Colts had not signed so many LB's in FA, that would have been my pick. Equal value to me with Charles Harris, but a bit more of a current need.

Edited by Warhorse

Thank you sir and right back at you with Harris^

Current haul:

Ravens - Corey Davis WR, TJ Watt Edge

With Dumervil gone and an aging Suggs, the Ravens needed a extra pass rusher. Ultimately, Watt reminds me of former Raven Paul Kruger but with a higher ceiling. Pretty happy he fell to me.

Redskins - Malik McDowell DL, Jarrad Davis LB

The Redskins biggest need was ILB. Adding Davis is another step towards removing the "soft" characteristic from the Redskins defense. Kirk can get em to the playoffs, the defense needs to take them further.

• Upvote 1