3) Aaron Rodgers

4) Khalil Mack

5) Von Miller

6) Julio Jones

7) Aaron Donald

8) Antonio Brown

9) Ezekiel Elliott

10) J.J. Watt

I'm really not sure about Watt because he was hurt, so I just put him at #10. Also I'm sure there's a big gun or two that I'm missing.

Donald and Watt are out, so I got 8 out of 10. Who am I missing?

Odell and Sherm, it seems.

Obj and LeVeon Bell

Obj and LeVeon Bell

That must be it, because Sherman was already ranked.

This list is a joke every year

• Upvote 2

The top 10...

10. Matt Ryan :Falcons:

9. Leveon Bell :Steelers:

8. OBJ :Giants:

7. Zeke... :Cowboys:

6. A-Rod :Packers:

5. Mack Attack :Raiders:

4. AB :Steelers:

3. Julio Jones :Falcons:

2. Von Miller :laugh::Broncos:

1. The GOAT :Pats:

• Upvote 1

2 WR in the Top 4.. Rofl.

Matt Ryan should be #1. Coming off what was an all time great season for a passer, win MVP, to be placed 10th is a turrible turrible turrible mistake.

Or at least flip Mack and Miller.

I don't know how you put Matt Ryan #1... Tom Brady led a furious comeback in the SB. Not saying it was Ryan's fault, I'm just saying Brady carried his team to yet another SB victory.

The GOAT is def in the right spot. :yep:

The list is a joke as always. Tom Brady didn't lead shit, he played liked shit the entire Super Bowl. His defense and James White deserve more credit than his ass.

• Downvote 1

Lmfao yeah James White led that 3-28 comeback. Get the fuck out of here. Tom had breaks come his way (Edelman circus catch) but he played fucking brilliantly. Show some respect.

Lmfao yeah James White led that 3-28 comeback. Get the fuck out of here. Tom had breaks come his way (Edelman circus catch) but he played fucking brilliantly. Show some respect.

Not surprised seeing a packers fan hating on Brady, especially since Rodgers chokes in the playoffs...

I think it's high time TGP makes its own top 100 list, like we used to do in the good ole' days every offseason. Who's in?

• Upvote 1

I'd be down as long as we establish a criteria...

Also Brady coming back and leading the Pats to a win in the playoffs doesn't make up for an entire season of Matt Ryan playing at a ridiculous pace.

Also Brady coming back and leading the Pats to a win in the playoffs doesn't make up for an entire season of Matt Ryan playing at a ridiculous pace.

Or how bell is higher than David Johnson or Jordan Howard , Johnson had 16 TDs plus 1239 yards behind a medicore OL

Criteria like what?

Weighting for Rookies, room for discussion before we fire up lists, that sort of thing? Iunno. The last top 100 was I think a personal endeavor by me, but I think we may be able to cobble together a collective list.

Perhaps most importantly, are we factoring this list with only the 2016 season in mind, or are we giving allowances to players like JJ Watt who got hurt during the season and didn't do much?

Edited by RazorStar

Weighting for Rookies, room for discussion before we fire up lists, that sort of thing? Iunno. The last top 100 was I think a personal endeavor by me, but I think we may be able to cobble together a collective list.

Perhaps most importantly, are we factoring this list with only the 2016 season in mind, or are we giving allowances to players like JJ Watt who got hurt during the season and didn't do much?

Well you make that decision by what you call or define the list as. Is it a top 100 players of the 2016 season or the top 100 players in football? Top 100 players of 2016 JJ Watt doesn't even sniff. Top 100 players in football and Watt is top 5.

White was his leading receiver and had the most TDs. Tom was throwing lame ducks all first half, then just dinked and dunked throughout the 2nd half since the Falcons' D was tired. There wasn't a single throw from Brady that left you amazed. It was Ryan that had the best throw in the game, partially due to Julio being amazing as well, while Brady just had open guys underneath for easy completions the majority of the time. While the Pats' D woke up and forced a 3 n out, strip fumble and forced the Falcons out of range for a game-sealing FG. If it wasn't the for defense, Brady wouldn't have his fifth ring. It's basically the same as giving credit to Eli for winning both of his Super Bowls while not acknowledging that the defense harassed and limited Brady both times.

Weapon, Rodgers sure did choke that Cowboys game away, didn't he? Or that Cards' game in 2015-16? It definitely was Rodgers' fault that Crosby missed a FG, Rip fumbled near the goalline, and the defense was putrid.

At the basketball site that I often post in has a thing we do every year where we conduct a list of the 100 greatest players of all time, and the criteria is pretty loose because most of the time there isn't a right or wrong answer.

But before the process starts each person participating clearly states out what his criteria is. The only thing I think we need to be consistent in is whether we are putting more emphasis on recent body of work, total body of work, or future projections.

White was his leading receiver and had the most TDs. Tom was throwing lame ducks all first half, then just dinked and dunked throughout the 2nd half since the Falcons' D was tired. There wasn't a single throw from Brady that left you amazed. It was Ryan that had the best throw in the game, partially due to Julio being amazing as well, while Brady just had open guys underneath for easy completions the majority of the time. While the Pats' D woke up and forced a 3 n out, strip fumble and forced the Falcons out of range for a game-sealing FG. If it wasn't the for defense, Brady wouldn't have his fifth ring. It's basically the same as giving credit to Eli for winning both of his Super Bowls while not acknowledging that the defense harassed and limited Brady both times.

Weapon, Rodgers sure did choke that Cowboys game away, didn't he? Or that Cards' game in 2015-16? It definitely was Rodgers' fault that Crosby missed a FG, Rip fumbled near the goalline, and the defense was putrid.

Tom was 43 of 62 for 466 yards. Hardly dinking and dunking averaging over ten yards per completion.

I rewatched every pass. He had 9 missed throw incompletions, 8 drops, a missed catch by Hogan, and two freak catches that shouldn't have happened, and an INT.

I 100% agree that without the defense, Brady wouldn't have his fifth, but without Brady going on absolute tear once his receivers stopped dropping passes, the Pats wouldn't have won.

I think you forget how bad the Pats receivers were in the first half. Brady played almost the same in both halves (arguably worse in the second half).

Lame ducks all first half? I counted 7 drops or more!

Edited by Chernobyl426

james white was def better than you want to admit :shrug: OT GW SB TD the gawd :smug:

James White was the SB MVP -- easily.

14. Dak... :Cowboys:

this alone pretty much invalidates the list IMO, no rookie will ever be a top 15 player, I'm not sure I'd even rank Dak as a top 15 QB, though I haven't actually sat down and looked at the QBs in a while so I can't say that definitively, he's definitely not the 14th best player in the NFL no matter what metric you use